LATEST VERSION OF MAP AT END OF THREAD....Map Name
: HOLYWARS 1250Mapmaker
:CHAMPOSNumber of Territories
:44 - two start neutral, one being Jerusalem and the other the Ayybuid Caliphate (surrounding Jerusalem), leaving 42 to be allocated, all regions start with 3 troops. (In 2 player games - Player 1 initially allocated OO Makuria and EO Serbia and Player 2 OO Begwena and EO Empire of Nicea)Special Features
:An historically accurate map, no territory gaps, simple gameplay.... What Makes This Map Worthy of Being Made
: Tried to be historically accurate, on the following basis: the kingdoms/empires at 1250AD (with the areas they ruled/controlled) and then categorised by the rulers religion. There were a number of kingdoms/empires/religions coming together at the same time in 1250AD...
- the Roman Catholics had taken control over mainland Europe from the last Islamic Caliphate holding in Spain,
- the Islamic Caliphates were being attacked from the east by the Tengerian Mongols and from the west by the Roman Catholic crusades,
- the northern Eastern Orthodox territories were under Tengerian Mongol control,
- the Tengerian Mongols had been halted by their leadership changes and power struggles,
- the Indian Hindus were under attack from the Islamic Caliphates and Tengerian Mongols,
- the Oriental Orthodox were under attack from the Islamic Caliphates,
- Crusades continued to Jerusalem, with the following all heading in its direction: Roman Catholics, Eastern Orthodox, Islamic Caliphates, Jews and there is also evidence the Tengerian Mongols set foot in Palestine at the time...Who will prevail...?LATEST VERSION OF MAP AT END OF THREAD....