Conquer Club

Army Numbers Alignment vs XML

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Army Numbers Alignment vs XML

Postby Minister X on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:45 am

Left? Centered? Right?

In the XML Tutorial it says: "Coordinates is a list of the X and Y coordinates (in pixels) where the armies should be printed on the small and large maps." So is that where the lower left corner of the leftmost number will be? The lower right corner of where the rightmost number will be? Dead center of where all the numbers would be? (That would be best!) Or what?

I want to position tert names inside borders properly - but to do so I need this answer. Thanks!
Major Minister X

Re: Army Numbers Alignment vs XML

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:57 am

Minister X wrote:Left? Centered? Right?

In the XML Tutorial it says: "Coordinates is a list of the X and Y coordinates (in pixels) where the armies should be printed on the small and large maps." So is that where the lower left corner of the leftmost number will be? The lower right corner of where the rightmost number will be? Dead center of where all the numbers would be? (That would be best!) Or what?

I want to position tert names inside borders properly - but to do so I need this answer. Thanks!

The numbers are centered (double digits) between the numbers. Single digits are centered, while the triple digits are centered the same as the double digits. I hope I made sense.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Minister X on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Let me be 100% sure, if you don't mind. One digit and two are clear enough. On the others, please tell me of it's A or B, and then if it's C, D or E. Thanks!

Major Minister X

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:29 pm

Minister X wrote:Let me be 100% sure, if you don't mind. One digit and two are clear enough. On the others, please tell me of it's A or B, and then if it's C, D or E. Thanks!

On two or more digits, they are centered between the first two.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby ender516 on Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:59 am

So to be explicit, the two leftmost examples are correct. Numbers with three or more digits simply grow to the right, and the colour codes count as the first digit, so the XML coordinate will be the point between the letter and the number(s).

To confirm your positioning, use the Map Inspect portion of the Conquer Club Map Maker page. It allows you to load your XML and graphics and see where the system will put the numbers. Posting of screenshots showing how things look with 88s and/or 888s is usually expected in your map topic once you are in the Final Forge, around the time you are trying for your XML stamp.

The tools on that page are described in this thread: [Official] XML Test and Map Inspect.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby Minister X on Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:13 am

Thanks. And to Isaiah.
Major Minister X

Return to Foundry Discussions