Conquer Club

Thank you map makers

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Thank you map makers

Postby eternal242 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:47 am

I just wanted to thank you who design these maps. I appreciate your efforts. I am getting older and am daily amazed at the ease of what the internet gives me. It never even occurred to me 2 or so years ago that this game could even be played on a different map. This game that I used to maybe play 3-4 times a year I can now play daily and it not be a 10 hr commitment. Thank you for the time you have put into creating this place for me.
Sergeant 1st Class eternal242

Re: Thank you map makers

Postby DiM on Wed Sep 14, 2011 7:40 am

you're welcome and if you feel like you have a good map idea or simply want to take a look at maps in progress and give your feedback then stick around the foundry. we don't bite :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby ender516 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:03 pm

DiM wrote:you're welcome and if you feel like you have a good map idea or simply want to take a look at maps in progress and give your feedback then stick around the foundry. we don't bite :)

But you will have to admit that there is a lot of barking done. :D
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby gimil on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:44 pm

eternal242 wrote:I just wanted to thank you who design these maps. I appreciate your efforts. I am getting older and am daily amazed at the ease of what the internet gives me. It never even occurred to me 2 or so years ago that this game could even be played on a different map. This game that I used to maybe play 3-4 times a year I can now play daily and it not be a 10 hr commitment. Thank you for the time you have put into creating this place for me.

I am sure I speak for us all when I say we are flattered by your thanks mate.

Everyone, give yourself a pat on the back =D>
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby eternal242 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:41 am

I would like to help out if I can.I appreciate what this site means to me as a teaching tool for logical and rational thinking. As for maps I have a few ideas. I like historical battles. For example WW1 and one player gets to be germany and the rest of the players are scattered around europe, or the world for that matter, the map starts at a historical point in time. The 3 drop probably would not work too well but that what you all have to figure out. I don't mind starting at an unbalanced beginning to have the chance to play out as germany.

Also as standard maps thought a keyboard or a refrigerator contents, and a couple others but cant remember right now.
Sergeant 1st Class eternal242

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Well, feel free to post your ideas in the Melting Pot: Map Ideas forum! :)

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby koontz1973 on Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:59 pm

eternal242 wrote:I would like to help out if I can.I appreciate what this site means to me as a teaching tool for logical and rational thinking. As for maps I have a few ideas. I like historical battles. For example WW1 and one player gets to be germany and the rest of the players are scattered around europe, or the world for that matter, the map starts at a historical point in time. The 3 drop probably would not work too well but that what you all have to figure out. I don't mind starting at an unbalanced beginning to have the chance to play out as germany.

Also as standard maps thought a keyboard or a refrigerator contents, and a couple others but cant remember right now.

Great to see someone new coming into the foundry. Did you have a look around at the maps going through the process now? and if so, did you make any comments? ;)

About your ideas, post them here
viewforum.php?f=63
that way everyone can look at them.

Hope to see you around the foundry more often.

koontz.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Return to Foundry Discussions