Conquer Club

There's no thread for the Easter Egg Hunt map?

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

There's no thread for the Easter Egg Hunt map?

Postby perchorin on Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:38 am

I wanted to ask a question and perhaps make a suggestion about this map and after searching around a bit have come to the conclusion that there is no thread for the Easter Egg Hunt map. I know it's a special deal and limited edition and all that but shouldn't there be a thread somewhere for people to comment or ask questions about it?
Silvanus wrote:perch is a North Korean agent to infiltrate south Korean girls
Major perchorin

Re: There's no thread for the Easter Egg Hunt map?

Postby Army of GOD on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:02 am

It's one of those "super secret maps" made by Team CC. The reason it's only available at certain times of the year was because it didn't go through the normal process.

That answer will cost you five bucks, cash only, please.
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby ender516 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:37 am

Army of GOD's answer is right on the money, but you raise a good point, perchorin. It would be a good idea to create a thread in the Viewing Gallery for all those magical maps that appear to spring forth fully formed from the brow of the Foundry Foreman. However, there may be a thread in Announcements for such maps when they first appeared, and you may be able to post there.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:54 am

Doubt anyone reads threads that old or could even find them (most people).

It would be great for a thread to be made for each one so people can comment on them.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby ender516 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:59 am

Well if you find the topic and post to it, then it will come to page 1 of its forum. However, I think it would be more consistent to have a thread in the Viewing Gallery, for ease of finding it.

Postby perchorin on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:19 am

ender516 wrote:Well if you find the topic and post to it, then it will come to page 1 of its forum. However, I think it would be more consistent to have a thread in the Viewing Gallery, for ease of finding it.

I agree, I was surprised to find no link to any threads there for this map (or any of the other special event maps for that matter) but did happen to come across the list of maps new recruits could join in the second post of the viewing gallery thread. I'd always wondered where that list was! Anyway yeah, how can we go about getting viewing gallery threads for these maps? Also, those of you "in the know" do you think it's even possible changes could/would ever be made to these maps?
Major perchorin

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:23 am

perchorin wrote:
ender516 wrote:Well if you find the topic and post to it, then it will come to page 1 of its forum. However, I think it would be more consistent to have a thread in the Viewing Gallery, for ease of finding it.

I agree, I was surprised to find no link to any threads there for this map (or any of the other special event maps for that matter) but did happen to come across the list of maps new recruits could join in the second post of the viewing gallery thread. I'd always wondered where that list was! Anyway yeah, how can we go about getting viewing gallery threads for these maps? Also, those of you "in the know" do you think it's even possible changes could/would ever be made to these maps?

I am sure that if a major flaw had been spotted when they where first played, it would of been changed. But unlike a normal map with a thread, no one could point out the flaws (if any). ;)

But I would like to see a thread made for all of them, not just one for all, but one each. That way, people can make any suggested changes.

As for the list new recruits can play, I have no idea what maps are excluded.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby perchorin on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:27 am

koontz1973 wrote:As for the list new recruits can play, I have no idea what maps are excluded.

It's hidden here:
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=358&t=79067
I just accidentally happened upon it in my quest for an Easter Egg Hunt thread that was like the most disappointing Easter Egg Hunt ever.
Major perchorin

Postby natty dread on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:47 am

I've always found it really objectionable that some maps get a free pass from the foundry process. So yeah, they are only available at certain times, but they are still available. Meanwhile we REAL mapmakers have to spend a huge amount of time finetuning, receiving comments and answering feedbacks...
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:49 am

natty_dread wrote:I've always found it really objectionable that some maps get a free pass from the foundry process. So yeah, they are only available at certain times, but they are still available. Meanwhile we REAL mapmakers have to spend a huge amount of time finetuning, receiving comments and answering feedbacks...

Sam's mentioned before his disapproval of his getting a medal for event maps for these very reasons. The whole idea behind them is for some good, clean, seasonal fun.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:25 am

perchorin wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:As for the list new recruits can play, I have no idea what maps are excluded.

It's hidden here:
I just accidentally happened upon it in my quest for an Easter Egg Hunt thread that was like the most disappointing Easter Egg Hunt ever.

that list hasn't been updated in a while.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 am

greenoaks wrote:
perchorin wrote:

It's hidden here:

that list hasn't been updated in a while.

Updated august this year so pretty current.
show: heres the list 67 maps
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:56 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
natty_dread wrote:I've always found it really objectionable that some maps get a free pass from the foundry process. So yeah, they are only available at certain times, but they are still available. Meanwhile we REAL mapmakers have to spend a huge amount of time finetuning, receiving comments and answering feedbacks...

Sam's mentioned before his disapproval of his getting a medal for event maps for these very reasons. The whole idea behind them is for some good, clean, seasonal fun.

-Sully

But still, if the site wants to have some seasonal fun, why not put the maps through the foundry but on a fast track. Give each map a week at each stage so the community at large can comment or a least allow the foundry regulars to comment. Fresh eyes can give a better map. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby greenoaks on Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:56 pm

koontz1973 wrote:Updated august this year so pretty current.

so BeNeLux and Doodle Earth are too complex for beginners
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:37 pm

Seige is not on there as well and this was one of my first 4 games. Won it too so cannot be that complex.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby Victor Sullivan on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:02 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

But still, if the site wants to have some seasonal fun, why not put the maps through the foundry but on a fast track. Give each map a week at each stage so the community at large can comment or a least allow the foundry regulars to comment. Fresh eyes can give a better map. ;)

But it ruins the fun in surprise!

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby ender516 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:32 pm

greenoaks wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:Updated august this year so pretty current.

so BeNeLux and Doodle Earth are too complex for beginners

I suspect that the real issue with those maps is that because they are small, they are a farmer's delight.

Postby perchorin on Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:57 pm

Seems we've got a couple different issues being discussed here (my fault) but let's get back to the original, how can we get threads for these special maps? Is it possible there could ever be changes made to them?
Major perchorin

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:22 am

perchorin wrote:Seems we've got a couple different issues being discussed here (my fault) but let's get back to the original, how can we get threads for these special maps? Is it possible there could ever be changes made to them?

perchorin, this is your thread, so why not change the OP and title which you can do and make this the thread. Include the all of them though. One of the mods may see it and move it to the proper forum if done nice.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby natty dread on Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:21 am

Victor Sullivan wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:
Victor Sullivan wrote:

-Sully

But it ruins the fun in surprise!

-Sully

Well that's a poor argument. I could use the same argument to argue against the whole foundry process, it ruins the surprise from the players. But realistically speaking, most of the CC players don't even go to the forums, and even of those who do, most don't set foot in the foundry, and even of those who do, most only comment on beta maps. So it really wouldn't "ruin the surprise" for that many people.

And even if it did, I'd argue most players would rather play well-developed, well thought out maps rather than be surprised.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Return to Foundry Discussions