Conquer Club

Maps for Cystic Fibrosis

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Maps for Cystic Fibrosis

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed May 23, 2012 8:37 pm

Or for any charity. I just like to support The Cystic Fibrosis foundation.

But The idea is this----

Basically make a supersized map with a lot of characters, Like prison supermax.

Then sell off naming rights, 10 bucks a name.

Like in DiMs pirates map... I jokingly told him I would buy my name as a pirate.... But I got to thinking about it... lets raise money for people that need it with some of your incredible artistic talents!

Thoughts?
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Re: Maps for Cystic Fibrosis

Postby Pirlo on Wed May 23, 2012 8:50 pm

I think it's cool... but I doubt many people would bother!
Captain Pirlo

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed May 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Pirlo wrote:I think it's cool... but I doubt many people would bother!

You may be right man. I dunno.

I know for some people I would donate for them. You know you want to be a baddass pirate on a map.. right?

lol

cheers and thanks for responding.
Maps Maps Maps!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby DiM on Wed May 23, 2012 9:13 pm

neat idea.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Pirlo on Wed May 23, 2012 9:29 pm

army of nobunaga wrote:

I know for some people I would donate for them. You know you want to be a baddass pirate on a map.. right?

lol

yeah I'd like to see a penis holding my name on that map, but admin wouldn't let it happen, so I'm not gonna donate!
Captain Pirlo

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed May 23, 2012 9:46 pm

Pirlo wrote:
army of nobunaga wrote:

lol

yeah I'd like to see a penis holding my name on that map, but admin wouldn't let it happen, so I'm not gonna donate!

never doubt an artists ability to slide something in...

I was in SE asia, and one of my guys wanted a tattoo, he was a real hardass and wanted a large tattoo for 30 bucks though he could afford more... he talked, threatened, and conjoled that poor dude till he got a 80 dollar price to 30... but the guy said in Thai "Ill do it for that price but you will have a penis on your back in some small location" My guy didnt know thai well, I snickered.

Sure enough he got a huge dragon on his back and down by the legs there is a penis that is blended in with the design.

I am sure if you donate enough to charity that one of these genius mapmakers could hook you up :twisted:
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby greenoaks on Thu May 24, 2012 1:33 am

army of nobunaga wrote:Or for any charity. I just like to support The Cystic Fibrosis foundation.

Thoughts?

yes, stop bothering us with your lastest scam scheme to support Cystic Fibrosis.
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby cairnswk on Thu May 24, 2012 1:46 am

army of nobunaga wrote:...

never doubt the ability of anyone to slip "penis" in somewhere
saw a username on this site the other day...pine_inch_nenis
Bloody marvellous !??
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Thu May 24, 2012 1:51 am

cairnswk wrote:

Bloody marvellous !??

Funny.

Got more than one on Rorke's Drift, even though it was unintentional. But the dog was. ;)
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri May 25, 2012 8:34 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:

Bloody marvellous !??

Funny.

Got more than one on Rorke's Drift, even though it was unintentional. But the dog was. ;)

jajaja

well if a mapmaker wants to try this, and we get permission, I dont mind helping you out for your time.

Also the charity isn't that important to me, I like make a wish, cff, and breast cancer society only because I have seen some of the stuff they do first hand. But as long as the charity is a proven source of good action, I am down. To be honest I donate probably 100 times more a year than this map idea could generate, but I think It would be cool to make a map with a purpose to help others that need it and it would set a good precedent.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby greenoaks on Fri May 25, 2012 8:51 pm

if this had to go ahead it should be something that relates to the majority of players and gets little attention in rl such as mens health - be that depression or prostate cancer
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri May 25, 2012 8:56 pm

greenoaks wrote:if this had to go ahead it should be something that relates to the majority of players and gets little attention in rl such as mens health - be that depression or prostate cancer

The most important thing that this does, is awareness. That in my opinion is the greatest good a charity does.

Make people aware that there are folks in the world that need real help real fast.

So to me, the charity we pick is a minor thing, as long as its a proven class A legitimate charity.

The major thing is helping people and bringing awareness to frankly people that are currently like I use to be. I use to think of only myself and thought "Screw charity, its a racket". I learned. Human civilization is a huge village, and there are people in our village that need help badly.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby koontz1973 on Fri May 25, 2012 11:54 pm

All joking aside, I cannot see a reason why this could not be done. We already have maps with players names on, it would just need to be a good idea that is well executed. As for the charity, that would be up to the admin. I would find an idea that you think would work, not only for the map but also for the charity, grab a map maker that could do it and then send a quick PM to on of the admins to ask.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby army of nobunaga on Fri May 25, 2012 11:58 pm

koontz1973 wrote:All joking aside, I cannot see a reason why this could not be done. We already have maps with players names on, it would just need to be a good idea that is well executed. As for the charity, that would be up to the admin. I would find an idea that you think would work, not only for the map but also for the charity, grab a map maker that could do it and then send a quick PM to on of the admins to ask.

if the admins decided it was ok, and I respect the system so this is a big if, I would pay for a mapmakers time to do this. I live for charity now a days.

the exact charity, give it rdrs and a group f his 3 followers.. that is the most un biased and real life mod ive seen.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby koontz1973 on Sat May 26, 2012 12:12 am

But remember, a map idea has to be suitable for the site but stays in keeping with the charity. You will never be allowed to make a titty map for breast cancer. But maybe a Where's Waldo type map set on a beach could be done for this. As for mods or anything else, getting the basic idea down needs to be finalised first.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby army of nobunaga on Sat May 26, 2012 12:33 am

koontz1973 wrote:But remember, a map idea has to be suitable for the site but stays in keeping with the charity. You will never be allowed to make a titty map for breast cancer. But maybe a Where's Waldo type map set on a beach could be done for this. As for mods or anything else, getting the basic idea down needs to be finalised first.

exactly, I am not asking for anything special man, but maybe something extra that would cost the site nothing but add tons to credibility.

you guys bust your ass 200-400 hours for free... lets make it to people that need help.
Maps Maps Maps!

Cadet army of nobunaga

Postby MrBenn on Sun May 27, 2012 5:03 am

greenoaks wrote:if this had to go ahead it should be something that relates to the majority of players and gets little attention in rl such as mens health - be that depression or prostate cancer

Is there a Lymes Disease charity? That would be Wicked!
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Victor Sullivan on Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:36 pm

MrBenn wrote:

Is there a Lymes Disease charity? That would be Wicked!

*chuckle* I see what you did there...

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Return to Foundry Discussions