Conquer Club

new game style

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

new game style

Postby richardgarr on Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:01 pm

I was playing with the idea of a capture the flag type game....Here are some quick ideas on options for it.

_----can be played on any map

----the flags are only able to be seen by the owner,

----when the country that had the flag on it is conquered the flag is now visible.

----when all the flags are captured game is over

----flags can be moved by owner when forting...same rules apply depending on game style chosen

----even if a player's flag is captured they can still try to recapture it as long as they are still alive...

----can be played as a 1 on 1 game

----when flag is recaptured by original owner it becomes invisible again..

-----option of invisible or visible flags on game setting

These are just a few quick ideas. Any other ideas would be great..I feel this would be great as a man to man game option....mabe even apply it to term as a fast game option.

:D :D 8)
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby PimpCaneYoAss on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:02 am

What do you mean when all the flags are captured the game is over? like by people who hadn't origianlly owend it or when the same person captures them all. Also i think that if you own a flag for like 3 turns it should be invisible to you.
Cadet PimpCaneYoAss

Postby Wisse on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:43 am

PimpCaneYoAss wrote:What do you mean when all the flags are captured the game is over? like by people who hadn't origianlly owend it or when the same person captures them all. Also i think that if you own a flag for like 3 turns it should be invisible to you.

he meant that you all have 5 flags that you can deploi in the begiining (i guess) and you have to get all the flags of the opponent to win
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Postby hulmey on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:18 pm

its a bit like castle risk...Castle risk and fogs of war are going to be done by lack pretty soon..Theres a thread about it somewhere!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Re: new game style

Postby DiM on Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:22 pm

richardgarr wrote:I was playing with the idea of a capture the flag type game....Here are some quick ideas on options for it.

_----can be played on any map

----the flags are only able to be seen by the owner,

----when the country that had the flag on it is conquered the flag is now visible.

----when all the flags are captured game is over

----flags can be moved by owner when forting...same rules apply depending on game style chosen

----even if a player's flag is captured they can still try to recapture it as long as they are still alive...

----can be played as a 1 on 1 game

----when flag is recaptured by original owner it becomes invisible again..

-----option of invisible or visible flags on game setting

These are just a few quick ideas. Any other ideas would be great..I feel this would be great as a man to man game option....mabe even apply it to term as a fast game option.

:D :D 8)

can't be done in the current system. to allow the player to self deploy the flag wherever he wants is impossible, and to make the flags in predefined zones kinda sucks because some lucky guy might start with both flags.

also the winning condition to hold the flags for 3 turns can't be implemented.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Jafnhár on Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:22 pm

There are so many cool variations of Risk that have not been implented on the site, like adding capitals, which is similiar to what you are suggesting but I think it's more playable. Unfortuantely, Hasbro might have the copyrights. I'm not sure.

Anybody played with capitals?
Sergeant Jafnhár

flags

Postby richardgarr on Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:49 pm

___each player would have 1 flag that they would own and be able to see...the other players would not be able to see it until the flag is captured.

----when all flags are captured by the same player game is over..

----flags would be deployed by player during first round...

theses are a few more ideas :D :D 8)

----make an option of how many flags need to be captured in the game set up..ie; 1 flag ...2 flags...all flags...ect
Sergeant richardgarr

Postby luckiekevin on Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:00 pm

you need to put this in the suggestions forum
Corporal luckiekevin

Postby Stoney229 on Sun Apr 22, 2007 3:54 am

Jafnhár wrote:Anybody played with capitals?

I do believe that any mapmaker can write capitals into their map XML, but no on yet has.
Lieutenant Stoney229

Postby oaktown on Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:35 am

seems to me this should be in the suggestions forum, not the foundry.
Captain oaktown

Return to Foundry Discussions