Conquer Club

RIP Foundry Avatars

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: RIP Foundry Avatars

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:35 am

Nola_Lifer wrote:Does anyone else find it funny that his name is lack :?: :P

or that turtles go into hiding when they feel attacked
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:40 am

greenoaks wrote:
Nola_Lifer wrote:Does anyone else find it funny that his name is lack :?: :P

or that turtles go into hiding when they feel attacked

Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby degaston on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:34 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:I would like to ask to everyone to have patience...

Brigadier degaston

Postby thenobodies80 on Tue Jul 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Exactly.

:-$ :wink:

Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:29 am

nobodies, what I gleam from your pic above is that some form of new code is being done now. Some questions that now arise for me are and none are what or when. ;)
Promotion of the foundry in general? Is anything happening there? You mentioned this in your PM to lack.
Why has it taken this sort of action to get anything done? Will we need to keep doing this every year to keep getting them in the future? :x
Why have we not heard from anyone apart from Andy last week? Do the higher ups really think so low of us that they cannot even post a little thing to try and explain there side? :evil:
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:20 am

Afaik Admins have reviewed some of the most desiderable and feasible updates into the "XML Suggestions and Modifications" thread and they're actively working on those. Additionally, a little monkey bird has said to me that there's an important element in the pipeline that will have an impact on the Foundry and on the CC Community at large.

Actually It's hard (and probably stupid) for me to set a timeline, that's why I'm asking to you all to be patient.

Moving further on your other questions:

koontz1973 wrote:Why has it taken this sort of action to get anything done? Will we need to keep doing this every year to keep getting them in the future?

I think that with this action we demonstrated to lackattack and the other admins, that we really care about the foundry, that's part of our days and that we enjoy what we do. It requires nothing to don't log anymore, but instead we are still here. As said it wasn't "we are full of this, good luck", but more "this is what it would be if you continue to not support us". It's different, i think that for us the place is the right one, just some things need to change with time and sometimes it's necessary something strong to see changes happen.
With this I would answer to your second question with a simple, no I don't think. I don't think this is a all days, or once a year thing. It has no sense doing something like what we did in a costant manner or it will lose its true meaning.
Honestly I think that in an year this site will be really different and it can support all the people that spend time here, not only into the foundry. If admins continue to work in the things they are working on, the future will be only great for us. As said things will change with time.

koontz1973 wrote:Why have we not heard from anyone apart from Andy last week? Do the higher ups really think so low of us that they cannot even post a little thing to try and explain there side?

Who you want come here to post? Andy is the CM and it is part of his job come here and post. And it's what he did.
What explanation do you need? If possible I can try to help.
If instead is just, why Lackattack has no posted here, the answer is simple. His hands are busy on the keyboard. If it means that for now he can't post here because he is doing what is supposed to do, then I'm happy in this way. Actions are better than words actually. :!:
And I don't think they think so low of us or no action would have been taken in that case.

Don't worry, Lackattack is reading and listening, he knows that what we did was done because we love this place and site.
Trust me. ;)

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:06 am

thenobodies80 wrote:some of the most desiderable and feasible updates into the "XML Suggestions and Modifications" thread and they're actively working on those. Additionally, a little monkey bird has said to me that there's an important element in the pipeline that will have an impact on the Foundry and on the CC Community at large.

this is the kind of hype i was afraid of.

can't we just be told directly what they're working on? what exactly are those updates and who decided which ones are the most desirable?
as for the "important element that will have an impact on the Foundry and on the CC Community at large". lol. i can't even begin to say what a recipe for disaster this is.
everybody will think about anything ranging from a flash/html5 interface to 3d maps or an interactive software for building maps.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:33 am

What's the over/under on how long it will take before thenobodies80 becomes bitter and disillusioned towards the site like the rest of us?
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby thenobodies80 on Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:24 am

DiM wrote:can't we just be told directly what they're working on?

No and you know that is in that way. I asked and the answer I gave is the very best I can say right now.

DiM wrote:what exactly are those updates and who decided which ones are the most desirable?

Raising the hand. O:)
As said, I gave him some inputs, a sort of priority list....and you already know this. In any case the final say is only up to Lackattack on what is done or not.

DiM wrote:as for the "important element that will have an impact on the Foundry and on the CC Community at large". lol. i can't even begin to say what a recipe for disaster this is.
everybody will think about anything ranging from a flash/html5 interface to 3d maps or an interactive software for building maps.

People has to stop to think (about wrong things) and just wait and see....I'm starting to sound a bit repetitive?
DiM don't throw shit around before the time, wait and see. Then if we have to throw shit, I'll be the first one to help you to do that if needed and worth it.

Ace Rimmer wrote:What's the over/under on how long it will take before thenobodies80 becomes bitter and disillusioned towards the site like the rest of us?

Don't know, but that day will be the day in which I will resign from my current position.
Said that I'm not a person who surrender in front of difficulties, at least till I have a card to play.

Positivity guys! Negativity doesn't bring improvements, just more negativity.
Com'on.

Postby Ace Rimmer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 pm

I'll start being positive again when lack starts showing he still has the passion for CC that made him start it in the first place. I've given plenty of ideas about how to improve this site and what's wrong with it, and none of those have gone anywhere. I have a lot of faith in your ability and your passion for this site, but if lack's is gone, nothing else matters.
Lieutenant Ace Rimmer

Postby Nola_Lifer on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:11 pm

Good sign?

AndyDufresne wrote:I've merged these topics together, because they stem from an isolated occurrence around 12:04 - 12:05 PM Central Time.

Lack was installing a massive behind the scenes update (more about which will come out soon), and it triggered a bug during this small time window where game engine did not award Bonus Zones / Continents to those who should have received such bonuses.

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about these isolated games in this ~1-2 minute window, my humblest apologies that your games were affected.

--Andy
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby blakebowling on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:31 pm

Nola_Lifer wrote:Good sign?

AndyDufresne wrote:I've merged these topics together, because they stem from an isolated occurrence around 12:04 - 12:05 PM Central Time.

Lack was installing a massive behind the scenes update (more about which will come out soon), and it triggered a bug during this small time window where game engine did not award Bonus Zones / Continents to those who should have received such bonuses.

Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about these isolated games in this ~1-2 minute window, my humblest apologies that your games were affected.

--Andy

:-^
Private blakebowling

Postby IcePack on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:47 pm

Ace Rimmer wrote:What's the over/under on how long it will take before thenobodies80 becomes bitter and disillusioned towards the site like the rest of us?

12 months

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby thenobodies80 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:31 pm

Drum Roll.... 8-[

ImageImageImage

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:44 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Drum Roll.... 8-[

ImageImageImage

Will this be another poorly coded "feature" that was rushed to be added and require months of suggestions and voting and debate to finally get right?

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:48 pm

IcePack wrote:

ImageImageImage

Will this be another poorly coded "feature" that was rushed to be added and require months of suggestions and voting and debate to finally get right?

You'll just have to wait and see! ;) :P O:)
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby IcePack on Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:58 pm

Oh goodie...

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby DiM on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:29 pm

IcePack wrote:

ImageImageImage

could be. especially with all the hype being created around it.... ;)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby zimmah on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:09 pm

at least we got conditional borders (that's the best thing i believe. the overhaul is great, but doesn't add many new options, except overly complicated maps that would otherwise be too big to handle).
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

PreviousNext

Return to Foundry Discussions