Conquer Club

CARD PLAY

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

CARD PLAY

Postby waltero on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:49 pm

Good evening Gentlemen.

I Am new to Conquers Club. I would love to make a map, but I am computer illiterate.

I just wanted to drop in and tell you all about an Idea I had.
What about utilizing Cards in the mechanics of the game play a bit more?

I have not seen cards being utilized to there full potential.
Maybe there is a board out there that does what I am thinking..I have not run across any as of yet.

I will explain: Allowing people to use cards in a different way.
Forcing a player to spend a card, in order to take a key position.
The possibility's are endless.
Maybe having player spend a card (or more than one) in order to attack a certain region.

As well as allowing players to drop any number of cards in a box and at the end of a certain round you add all the individuals card up, the one who has placed the most cards in the box would be allowed a privilege of some sort.

As well as having players use cards for defense. An attacking force wants to attack a player in a region, the defender plays a card and attacker has to match defenders same color (on card) in order to enter that region.

using cards as leaders. Placing additional troops in a territory that is marked on the card. ( during game play or at start of move)

Maybe the program does not allow for this. Just an idea.
No matter how many different boards you come up with...it is still risk.

It seems to me that most games a person plays, they know who is going to win in the first five minutes. if not right from the start.

Just a thought :roll:
Cook waltero

Re: CARD PLAY

Postby DiM on Sat Aug 11, 2012 12:52 pm

not possible with the current game engine.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Re: CARD PLAY

Postby ender516 on Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 am

You might want to search for the forum topic where suggestions for updates to the XML are made. There are lots of great ideas there, and you might want to add yours. Bear in mind, though, such changes come slowly.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Return to Foundry Discussions