Conquer Club

The most asked XML update

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

The most asked XML update

Postby Oneyed on Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:02 am

in the XML Suggestions and Modifications topic are much ideas what can be done, so mods sort which idea for update is fine and which is not. I am not sure if their choice is allways the best for mapmakers.

here could mapmakers and mods (and other members ofcourse) discus about next XML update and find the most asked ones. in the previous year there were three updates, so next three in this year could be a minimum :twisted: :)

the idea is for any time collect ideas here, then pick up several of them and then focus on these chosen.

to have clarity here, lets say that each contributor here could write maximum three his the most asked XML updates.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Re: The most asked XML update

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:55 pm

I'd have to look through them all, but the two that stick out in my mind, even after I've not really been around CC for more than a year, are Conditional Autodeploys and Decay to Neutral. Both should take minimal amount of coding given nearly identical features (autodeploys and standard decay) already exist. I'm sure there are other features that would be really great to have, but those two could add a lot of options for very little coding effort.
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:16 am

Can I ask you to wait for a couple of days with this discussion? I'm working on a thing that is exactly related with xml updates. Ehm, no we're not going to release a new update, but I want to manage this type of things better than what was done in past..however...you will see ;)

Thanks in advance
Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby Oneyed on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:12 pm

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:I'd have to look through them all, but the two that stick out in my mind, even after I've not really been around CC for more than a year, are Conditional Autodeploys and Decay to Neutral. Both should take minimal amount of coding given nearly identical features (autodeploys and standard decay) already exist. I'm sure there are other features that would be really great to have, but those two could add a lot of options for very little coding effort.

yes, these two would be great.

looking forward to update nobodies. but new is new :)

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:10 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Can I ask you to wait for a couple of days with this discussion? I'm working on a thing that is exactly related with xml updates. Ehm, no we're not going to release a new update, but I want to manage this type of things better than what was done in past..however...you will see ;)

Thanks in advance
Nobodies

Sure thing, I look forward to seeing the update. I hope it is something that will allow us some insight of what the plans are for future updates so we have an idea of where things are heading :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby dolomite13 on Wed May 15, 2013 6:15 pm

I would love to see these three additions that I know would make it much more fun to create maps.

* Decay to neutral would have been so wonderful for my Monsters! map that I would consider doing a rework of the map to make the current decaying territories decay to neutral like that.

* I also agree that conditional autodeploys would be useful and allow for much more map creativity.

* Escalating neutrals - Just like an autodeploy bonus for players it could be applied to neutral territories and as the game wears on it would create a progressively stronger target. Sort of the spiritual opposite to decay. I believe I saw this before but maybe I'm crazy and I need to move this to the requests thread.
=D=
Where Have I Been? ... Testing a prototype board game that I co-designed called Alien Overrun!
Cook dolomite13

Return to Foundry Discussions