Conquer Club

Blue Team Changes

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Blue Team Changes

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:26 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope you had a great Saint Patrick's Day! Now that you've sobered up due to excessive alcohol it's time to come back to the daily routine for another year.
Maybe some of you are having a very bad return to normality, due a obvious headache for the too many beers....but you're not alone.

Unfortunately, this is also a very bad day also for the Cartographers Team and the Foundry.
Our beloved gameplay CA, nolefan5311, after having served for a year in a exemplary manner as Cartographer Assistant has decided to step down from his position.

It's sad but he had to face with the fact that his real life (mostly work) is going to take the time that he was used to spend here to help us all to tweak, balance and improve our maps. So, before to become detrimental for the team and the foundry system due the lack of time available, he has decided to step down.
We all know that sometimes (most of time) being a CA is a unpaid and thankless job and I can't do nothing more than thank him for the time , energy and the effort he has put into help me and my team.
I hope a day he will find again the time to help us and I'm confident that everyone here will be happy to have him aboard.

Since, it seems he has already put his blue suede shoes into the CAs Locker Room, I have just to turn off his color.

Thank you mate!
You have been a great CA. =D>

Sad news, I know...but the show must go on.
That's why, after discussing iancanton, we agreed that one single man it's not enough to let flow the maps adequately, specially for a so time consuming activity like the gameplay analysis.
Luckily koontz1973, who has proved himself to be a good CA and mapmaker, certainly has the experience required to fill that role.
So, from this moment koontz1973 is officially assigned to the gameplay section to give an hand to iancanton.

Congrats to koontz for his new role! =D>

The drafting room won't be left to an undefined destiny, infact koontz will keep an eye on it anyway. However, since his new primary role will be gameplay, I will be officially the one in charge with the draft stamp and follow the maps in their first steps into the foundry system.
Afterall, who better than the foundry foreman should be the first to welcome the mapmakers and the last to say to them goodbye. ;)

Therefore, to conclude, this is the updated list of CAs with their respective roles:

• Drafting Room - thenobodies80
  • Gameplay - iancanton, koontz1973
  • Graphics - isaiah40, RedBaron0
  • XML - Gilligan
  • Beta & Quench - thenobodies80

Obviously, if anyone who has the time and the knowledge required is insterested in helping out, can send to me a PM.

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Re: Blue Team Changes

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:34 pm

Thanks for the kind works tnb. I'll still be hanging around the Foundry, just no longer in an official capacity.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby Shape on Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:14 pm

My words probably don't mean much, but you guys seem pretty cool and pretty dedicated, so thanks for your time, nolefan5311.

-Shape
Private 1st Class Shape

Postby ender516 on Mon Mar 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Yes, thanks to nolefan5311, and all the Blue Boys. And you're right, tnb, it makes sense for the Foreman to have the first and last word on maps passing through the Foundry.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:31 am

Nole, it has been my privilege to work with you over the last year.

Thanks for making life easier for me as a map maker with your words of wisdom over game play but also a double portion of thanks for getting the xmls you did for me done. Mags plays great and Labs may get into play one day.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby chapcrap on Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:46 am

nolefan5311 wrote:Thanks for the kind works tnb. I'll still be hanging around the Foundry, just no longer in an official capacity.

No deal. You're out of the family now. :o ;)
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Gilligan on Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:16 pm

Thanks for all that you've done nolefan. Now you have time for 40 doubles games, not just 20. ;)
Captain Gilligan

Postby cairnswk on Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:08 pm

Noles, thanks for all your hard work. =D>
I hope you have great success at your work.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Return to Foundry Discussions