Conquer Club

Question about Map Sizes

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Question about Map Sizes

Postby ericwdhs on Thu May 10, 2007 8:29 pm

I was browsing through the map files, and I think a couple of them are wider than the maximums (600 and 800), which I thought were very strict.

This newer map for instance:

8 Thoughts
<smallwidth>675</smallwidth>
<smallheight>535</smallheight>
<largewidth>820</largewidth>
<largeheight>650</largeheight>

Is that allowed then?
Sergeant ericwdhs

Postby KEYOGI on Thu May 10, 2007 8:39 pm

The sizes are more of a guideline than a strict rule. They're there to try and keep maps suitable for everyone's monitors and resolutions.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby DiM on Thu May 10, 2007 8:42 pm

in the rules it says:

You must design two versions of the map: a small (up to 600 px wide), and a large (up to 800 px wide). Height is flexible, but it is recommended that you do not exceed 350 px on small maps and 600 px on large maps so that users will not need to scroll down to attack.

but these are just for generalinformation they are more of a guideline than a strict rule.

if the map really needs to be larger for a good reason then it will be alloed but if it can be made smaller without any negative effects on the overall image or gameplay it won't be allowed.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu May 10, 2007 8:43 pm

KEYOGI wrote:The sizes are more of a guideline than a strict rule. They're there to try and keep maps suitable for everyone's monitors and resolutions.

lol great minds think alike :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Wisse on Fri May 11, 2007 1:22 am

my china map also is wrong, its nearly a square, so if i wanted to have the good formats then it would be a very tiny map
Image Image
Sergeant Wisse

Return to Foundry Discussions