Conquer Club

Dynamic shapeshifting maps

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Dynamic shapeshifting maps

Postby MrBenn on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:40 pm

I'm assuming there will be a method for a player to view/select different/specific stages of the map? thinking back to
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby DiM on Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:44 pm

MrBenn wrote:I'm assuming there will be a method for a player to view/select different/specific stages of the map? thinking back to

just bellow the map image there will be links to each different view.
let's say you have 4 images. 2 player bases, a battle arena and a legend. each of these will have it's own link and the players just browse through them.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby MrBenn on Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:33 pm

DiM wrote:
MrBenn wrote:I'm assuming there will be a method for a player to view/select different/specific stages of the map? thinking back to

let's say you have 4 images. 2 player bases, a battle arena and a legend. each of these will have it's own link and the players just browse through them.

It would probably be better UI to have them as tabs instead of links, but as long as they're obvious then simple links should suffice...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby DiM on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:05 pm

MrBenn wrote:
DiM wrote:

It would probably be better UI to have them as tabs instead of links, but as long as they're obvious then simple links should suffice...

right now they're simple links on the beta site, but it was just a test made by bigwham, so i assume the final version can include a better interface with tabs/buttons or stuff like that.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby bigWham on Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:21 pm

DiM wrote:
MrBenn wrote:
DiM wrote:

right now they're simple links on the beta site, but it was just a test made by bigwham, so i assume the final version can include a better interface with tabs/buttons or stuff like that.

this, this is solely intended to allow you guys to play with the functionality. the will be redone to be nicer and more integrated.
Colonel bigWham
Webmaster
Webmaster

Postby Rih0 on Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:31 pm

Ok, so i was thinking about all that is said here and started to wonder:
1. this funcionality is just to give the mapmakers more options on their project, but (my opinion) should not interfere in the original gameplay plans as a lot of images would confuse players and store more space on the website.
2. A MUST HAVE after this is implemented is a continental drift map.
Private Rih0

Postby RedBaron0 on Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:30 pm

Rih0 wrote:2. A MUST HAVE after this is implemented is a continental drift map.

That was the example that was used to describe the idea when it first came up, a Pangaea map. ;)
ImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class RedBaron0

Postby Oneyed on Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:56 am

very interesting feature.

there is (maybe) disadvantege, that player who play such a map more times will have advantage against player who play it the first time.
if experienced player will knows that in round 10 will come second Stage he can prepare for it (move troops, another deployment or attacks). a the similar situation is with any conditions for Stage. this is (maybe) worse, because if condition for Stage will be - if player holds X, Y, Z - then only one player will know that Stage will come.

I do not know every possibilities of Stages yet. I spoke with bigWham about it a little.
but will be possible to code something like:
- if all Towns (which all start as neutral) are held (does not matter if by one player or more players, so they are not more neutral) the Stage will come?
or combination of round and condition:
- if between rounds 10 - 15 player holds X, Y, Z will Stage come.

Oneyed
Private 1st Class Oneyed

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions