Conquer Club

BRITISH ISLES Sucks

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:44 pm

Kugelblitz22 wrote:Can't we have both?

Why destroy the old to make way for the new? Leave the old maps and make the new maps, there is enough room for both.
You are gonna have to talk to lack about this. It is his call.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Kugelblitz22 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:51 pm

WidowMakers wrote:

Why destroy the old to make way for the new? Leave the old maps and make the new maps, there is enough room for both.

WM

I don't mean have two versions of the British Isles. I mean leave the British Isles they way it is and invest energy into making a new, different map.
Sergeant 1st Class Kugelblitz22

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:57 pm

Kugelblitz22 wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:

WM

I don't mean have two versions of the British Isles. I mean leave the British Isles they way it is and invest energy into making a new, different map.
OK then you are gonna have to talk to Andy and Coleman about this.

And the original cartographer who requested the revamp. If he wants it changed who are we to stop him?

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Kugelblitz22 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:23 pm

Lol, It's just my opinion. I have stated it and am moving on. The above post represents the whole of my efforts to affect the body politic. I am not going to PM anyone and try to change their minds. I want people to do what they want. The thread asked for our opinions on revamping British Isles. I gave it and am done. :D

I'm asking what you think about my map being made a work of art.

The above post is what I think about the map being made "a work of art". Don't do it.

P.S. that's awesome that your from Detroit, Detroit itself or the burbs? I live in Canton.

Postby Coleman on Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:58 pm

It's not lack's call, it is the original artist's call always.

Lack is using these maps mostly on an agreement with the original artist and all revamps have been agreed to or requested by the original artists. If these revamps pass the process we have no choice unless lack vetoes them.

Chances are if he did that the original artist may pull their map from the site, so it is unlikely.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Qwert on Sun Dec 16, 2007 5:00 pm

These is good decision,i hope that map author of Europe map do same thing. :)
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Kugelblitz22 on Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:52 pm

If you guys change the europe map I won't be able to sleep at night.

Postby gimil on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:04 am

I have to say i like hte current graphics of hte europe map, theres nothing unclean or untidy about them. They also give a semi medieval europe feel. Like your playing total war a;; over again.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Mon Dec 17, 2007 6:44 am

Im going to pitch my 2 cent on this.

Firstly the point of a revamp is to give a graphically make over to an existing map that doesnt meet hte standards expected of todays maps, fair point. However many people seem to believe that these revamps reduce the playing quality of the map by concentrating on image quality rather than making the map user friendly, another fair point.

Now to the use friendly point. All revamps go through the strict foundry process. This process is suppose to ensure that all maps reach a basic standard of quality while also ensuring that the map is both readable and user friendly.

In my opinion all queched revamps have reached this basic stanrad and are all improvments on the former map. The main reason that people seem to dislike revamps is becasue they are resistant to change, something that is in a lot of people nature. rather than a genuine dislike to the better quality being produced.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions