Conquer Club

New Foundry Helpers: "Stamp Lickers"

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: New Foundry Helpers: "Stamp Lickers"

Postby blakebowling on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:32 pm

qwert wrote:
Quert, I don't want to hear any complaints right now.
I will get to your maps eventually, after I look at my others. I've looked at most of the other maps on my list, so I'll get to your map soon. But me visiting it still doesn't guarantee a stamp for it.

I've been licking maps for just about a week, and just took Europe on as one of mine YESTERDAY, which means that it wasn't my job to lick it until i got it yesterday.
I am planning to check on all the maps I haven't responded to , INCLUDING YOURS, today.

I went and looked over your map a day or two ago, I just didn't comment. So trust me, you aren't getting ignored. I just assumed that you'd be able to reach the stamp requirements by the next time I came around to check. I'll go ahead and post a response in your thread, if you really need it.

These is not complain, i just want to know how these map lickers squad work,its these bad?
For now only Cairnswk say what map he watch and these deserve =D> . I hope that these is not secret for other people to know,and aim most interesting to know that.
Mine problem is when i see something what aim not like,then i say openly(not using bad words),probably because that some people hate me,and probably some people like me.

Cairnswk
Qwert, you know the foundry has slowed down a bit because of the hold up in the quenching and loading of new maps. Once lackattack get all maps ups, i am sure gimil and oaktown and Andy will start the process rolling again, and everyone get their map put up ->even you with Imperium Romanum.

Maybe you dont notice.but aim not write any thing abouth IR,even opposite,aim not posting nothing abouth IR in other topic,and in mine topic to.

I neither hate you nor like you, I just wish I could meet you so I could give you a Serbian to English Dictionary :mrgreen:
Private blakebowling

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:40 pm

qwert wrote:These is not complain, i just want to know how these map lickers squad work,its these bad?
For now only Cairnswk say what map he watch and these deserve =D> . I hope that these is not secret for other people to know,and aim most interesting to know that.
Mine problem is when i see something what aim not like,then i say openly(not using bad words),probably because that some people hate me,and probably some people like me.

Here's an explanation of what a licker is any why they do what they do.

The Licker's main task is to take some of the workload off of the map CAs.
We do that by taking one of three tasks, either Ideas, Gameplay, or Graphics.
I am specifically doing Ideas stamps, and maybe a graphics one here or there.

A licker's job is to watch their assigned maps, whichever maps they may be, and help guide the map through production, if that guidance is needed.
That doesn't necessarily mean that the licker must actively participate in all discussions in a thread, as long as they can read through and determine what has been happening recently.

A licker is just like a regular foundry member, except that they are assigned specific maps to help stamp.
Just like CA's, lickers do it as volunteer work, and real life often gets in the way. Most lickers have a specific time or day that they check the maps they are assigned, so they can go through them all at once. Some may prefer to receive a PM from a mapmaker that feels their map is ready for a stamp, others may want to just get to each map when time allows them to read the thread and leave a good response.

From what I have heard from the CAs, stamp licking helps them a lot, because it takes some of the work off the CA's already busy schedules. Which means that, over all, maps will be looked at and moved more often than if it was just one CA doing it all with no lickers to help out.

For those of us that do licking, its a pretty fun job. You get to browse around the forums and check out all the maps on your list. There is lots of interesting stuff out there that I wouldn't usually notice. :D

Regarding the maps that I am doing, I will be licking on most of the maps in the Drafts forum, with Gimil covering the rest of them.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:49 pm

These is very helpful presentation of Stamp Lickers work, Do you respond for 2-3 maps or you have more maps to cover? Its will be nice to know who is respond for mine map(i speak for Europe 1914,not for WWII EUROPE),so i dont need to send aloth PM ,and dont get any reply.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby wcaclimbing on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:08 pm

qwert wrote:These is very helpful presentation of Stamp Lickers work, Do you respond for 2-3 maps or you have more maps to cover? Its will be nice to know who is respond for mine map(i speak for Europe 1914,not for WWII EUROPE),so i dont need to send aloth PM ,and dont get any reply.

It really depends on what someone is licking and how much free time that person has.
Ideas licking is the easiest, followed by graphics, and I think gameplay licking would be the most difficult, but I haven't tried gameplay, so I'm not sure.

I have europe 1914, and.... 16 others for Ideas stamp, because ideas is easy for me to keep track of.
And one to do for Graphics stamps.
Private 1st Class wcaclimbing

Postby gimil on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:16 pm

wcaclimbing wrote:
qwert wrote:These is very helpful presentation of Stamp Lickers work, Do you respond for 2-3 maps or you have more maps to cover? Its will be nice to know who is respond for mine map(i speak for Europe 1914,not for WWII EUROPE),so i dont need to send aloth PM ,and dont get any reply.

It really depends on what someone is licking and how much free time that person has.
Ideas licking is the easiest, followed by graphics, and I think gameplay licking would be the most difficult, but I haven't tried gameplay, so I'm not sure.

I have europe 1914, and.... 16 others for Ideas stamp, because ideas is easy for me to keep track of.
And one to do for Graphics stamps.

WCA decided that he wanted to be a licking machine.

The stamp licker system is stil fairly new and not fully efficient process as of yet. Something only experience and patience can remedy.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:24 pm

Thanks WCA,these is direct answer, no need for any other comment for now in these topic.

Gimil

The stamp licker system is stil fairly new and not fully efficient process as of yet. Something only experience and patience can remedy.

It will be good to present list with all lickers and what maps he watch,in that way you will help that other map maker speak to right person and not to chase fog asking other people to look and get answer like "aim not respond to these map,ask someon else". These is only a sugestion for better understanding.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby gimil on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:29 pm

qwert wrote:
Gimil

It will be good to present list with all lickers and what maps he watch,in that way you will help that other map maker speak to right person and not to chase fog asking other people to look and get answer like "aim not respond to these map,ask someon else". These is only a sugestion for better understanding.

The thought of posting the list was there. The lickers however are here to help me and oaktown out in there own time when it suits them. So we decided not to make the list public so that the lickers feel less pressure from you keen map makers :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:40 pm

The thought of posting the list was there. The lickers however are here to help me and oaktown out in there own time when it suits them. So we decided not to make the list public so that the lickers feel less pressure from you keen map makers

Maybe you think so,but before i ever know that VCA is responde for mine map,i send message to MRbeen,belive that he give Idea stamp,still he dont reply,and i will be forced to send message to all lickers to find who is right.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby blakebowling on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:49 pm

qwert wrote:
The thought of posting the list was there. The lickers however are here to help me and oaktown out in there own time when it suits them. So we decided not to make the list public so that the lickers feel less pressure from you keen map makers

Maybe you think so,but before i ever know that VCA is responde for mine map,i send message to MRbeen,belive that he give Idea stamp,still he dont reply,and i will be forced to send message to all lickers to find who is right.

like I said qwert, this is why the assignments were kept private at first, to keep Mapmakers like you from harassing them.
Private blakebowling

Postby Qwert on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:52 pm

like I said qwert, this is why the assignments were kept private at first, to keep Mapmakers like you from harassing them.

If i know from begining,then i will definitly not sending message to Wrong people. ;)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions