The Wire Mafia Day 6 [4/13]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderators: Global Moderators, Discussions Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wire Mafia Day 3 [10/13]

Postby jonty125 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:32 am

Seems that kgb was busdriven.

I am almost certain there is no SK, this is just a straight town vs. mafia game.

I investigate stubbsKVM last night. He came up innocent.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby StubbsKVM on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:48 am

Good :) wish you looked into someone else, cause I already knew that :p

Not sure if I should look too much into that cutscene.

I'll get back to this later
Corporal StubbsKVM

Medals: 7
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)
Ratings Achievement (1) General Contribution (1)

Postby new guy1 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:03 pm

jonty125 wrote:Seems that kgb was busdriven.

I am almost certain there is no SK, this is just a straight town vs. mafia game.

I agree with the idea that he was probably busdriven. I guess I dont really have any leads, so Ill wait for someone else to post.
Sergeant new guy1

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby safariguy5 on Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:40 pm

new guy1 wrote:

I agree with the idea that he was probably busdriven. I guess I dont really have any leads, so Ill wait for someone else to post.

Interesting. It seems like we don't really have a protective role. Otherwise, they did the WIFOM night action and targeted someone other than the claimed cop.
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby skillfusniper33 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:07 am

safariguy5 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:

Interesting. It seems like we don't really have a protective role. Otherwise, they did the WIFOM night action and targeted someone other than the claimed cop.

In most game bus drivers go around the doctor so I think there is still a chance for one to be out there. And the Doctor would then protect the person who was bus driven instead of there initial target?

And I would also want the doctor to stay anonymous if possible since they will be a very high target for the mafia.

I don't really see how you come to that conclusion Safari since the cop wasn't killed. We also don't really know who was targeted by the bus driver.
Place: 267 Score: 2630
Major skillfusniper33

Medals: 66
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (3)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (8) General Achievement (4) Clan Achievement (7)
Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (3)

Postby Comrade Kirk on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:10 am

If there was a doctor, they would have probably protected McNulty. The bus driver swapped McNulty with Daniels, so the protection would have ended up on Daniels as well as the kill ending up there... thus no kill. The fact that Daniels was taken out suggests to me that we have a bus driver instead of a doctor. My instinct at the end of the last day phase was to go after the person who dropped the hammer vote because there was still plenty of time left in the day to see if someone on the mafia team would slip up in their defense of Betiko. With KGB007 getting killed last night, I'm back to square one.
Private Comrade Kirk

Medals: 3
Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (1)

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 am

The Bus Driver is a role that can choose to switch two players each night. Thus, any night action performed on a switched player will affect the other player targeted by the Bus Driver. The Bus Driver's night choices are only valid for that same night.
For example, suppose a Bus Driver switches John and Jack. That same night, a roleblocker tries to block John and a Goon tries to kill Jack. In the end, Jack will be roleblocked and John will be killed.
The verb form of what a Bus Driver does is "drives".
Bus Driver has been seen as each alignment and historically is a pro-Town role; however, some moderators consider Bus Driver to be a Negative Utility role in Town hands, since it is more likely to thwart or confuse power roles than help. The pro-Town intent of this role is to attempt to redirect the scum's kill onto a better target.

So this is usually a town role?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Standard Achievement (1) Doubles Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (1)

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:09 am

Stubbs and jonty are 99% con town, and should be listened to.

Now, a long overdue player analysis:
spiesr - Very little content, mainly clarifications and one-liners. Voted jonty D1 on extremely weak grounds. Lurky.
Comrade Kirk - No content until the end of D1. Talks about Omar a lot, suggests he's more likely vig. Still no scum-hunting beyond a vote for betiko with no justification. Neutral, maybe Omar.
skillfusniper33 - Decent content so far, has been pursuing lurkers rather than scum-hunting though. I take issue with this post, though:
skillfusniper33 wrote:And I would also want the doctor to stay anonymous if possible since they will be a very high target for the mafia.
It just seems to have been made from a mafia POV.
new guy1 - Under suspicion D1 for lurking, floundered until claiming PGO (pretty much designed to be false-claimed). And then there's this post:
new guy1 wrote:I will have to say that I am in a jam right now. I dont know if its the case Betiko made or a gut feeling, but I think there was a mix up and they are both town. Either that or they are doing a damn good job of distancing themselves from each other. Another thing I should add is that it's a little suspicious to me that Betiko is coming up with so many different flavor reasons as to why something would go wrong with the NA's, but I suppose if hes familiar with the series it will show in his defense.
safariguy5 - Not a huge amount of content, but it has been relatively townie. Has been chasing inactives mostly, though. Neutral-townie.
Djfireside - Has been accused of being SK, and does indeed seem to be playing a little safely. Neutral.
ghostly447 - Next to no content. Might have defended betiko here:
ghostly447 wrote:Similar to a previous game I played I had a role where I had to live as a survivor, but also had to eliminate zimmah. This, or at least a variation of it, could give another possibility that Jonty needs him dead (because someone said that they hated each other) either ending the game with his win, or completing part of his personal agenda.
Scummy/lurky.

Vote: new guy1
FoS skillfusniper and ghostly.
Cook lynx_

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:11 am

StubbsKVM wrote:
The Bus Driver is *snip*

So this is usually a town role?
I've seen both town and scum busdrivers. It's more common as a scum role in my experience.
Cook lynx_

Postby StubbsKVM on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:04 am

New Guy, Why did you not claim your role from the start?
Wasn't it more likely you would kill town before mafia?
Corporal StubbsKVM

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah, standard procedure where I play is to claim D1 unless you're damn sure you're not going to be targeted by any town PRs (i.e. not scummy enough to be copped, not townie enough to be docced). My guess is he wanted to avoid an investigation after attracting such suspicion during the day, and claiming PGO is an ideal way to ensure that. We had a game on my other forum where scum claimed PGO right off the bat then coasted through for the win, and since then I've been particularly suspicious of PGO claims.
Cook lynx_

Postby jonty125 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:40 am

Busdriver is 99% town, mafia busdrivers are very powerful and hence very rare.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Medals: 12
Standard Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)
General Achievement (3) Tournament Contribution (2)

Postby new guy1 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:27 pm

Well how pleasant. Ill break them down for now.

@lynx_- Thank you for the analysis of players, however you forget I replaced into the game with around 3 days left (I think??) and so the person I replaced is responsible for not saying jack for most of the day. I even had to unvote his joke vote for him.

@stubs- When players get roles, they dont usually like to reveal them. My PGO role is no different. I am more likely to be checked in the night by a town player statistically, but I have a 100% mortality rate for the open chance a mafia member would stumble on me.

Back at lynx- I have had a busdriver in one or two of my games, and I have found they are usually town in those games, however they are rare either way. Also, for your last post, standard procedure where you play isnt always standard procedure in other places. Never have I seen on these forums a player, must less the specific role in question, a pgo, come forward day one and say they are a PGO...

Also I remember the question was asked but dont remember specifically answering it, the reason I didnt claim sooner is because I was doing what all the people here always tell me to do and "chilling out". Whenever I make a big deal of cases, they end up with me claiming, and now from this analysis its apparently better to flip out, otherwise I get questioned on two occasions.

I think thats it. I would vote lynx, but I havent seen him in any other games, and so I blame his directing of the town (jonty and stubs are 99% confirmed town, listen to them) on being foreign to the forums.
Sergeant new guy1

Medals: 18
Standard Achievement (3) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (3) Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (3) General Achievement (1)

Postby safariguy5 on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:04 pm

jonty125 wrote:Busdriver is 99% town, mafia busdrivers are very powerful and hence very rare.

Indeed. Perhaps things are different on other forums, but I've modded a game with a mafia busdriver and they were quite strong.
Captain safariguy5
Media Volunteer
Media Volunteer

Medals: 67
Conquer Cup Silver Achievement (1) Standard Achievement (2) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3)
Terminator Achievement (2) Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (1) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (3) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (3) General Achievement (6) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (6)
General Contribution (8)

Postby lynx_ on Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:15 pm

That's a very defensive post, new guy... Any chance of some scum-hunting beyond 'I think you're be scum for suspecting me'?
Cook lynx_

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives