Conquer Club

Vanilla Elementary Mafia - TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Vanilla Elementary Mafia - D1

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon May 29, 2023 4:28 am

i-andrei wrote:What can you post D1 ?
I feel like the ones voting are scummier that the ones not posting

What can you post D2?

We dont have a lot of roles with power. We dont even know how many of those roles we have. At least by D5 we know who jumped on on an existing vote or pushed someone hard. Maybe that guy turned out to be town. Maybe they were scum.

Besides that, we are on odd numbers. I don't know if we have a townie who can kill, but so long as we don't know that means we should at least try to get a vote going.

vote i-andrei
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby i-andrei on Mon May 29, 2023 7:05 am

Extreme Ways wrote:

What can you post D2?

We dont have a lot of roles with power. We dont even know how many of those roles we have. At least by D5 we know who jumped on on an existing vote or pushed someone hard. Maybe that guy turned out to be town. Maybe they were scum.

Besides that, we are on odd numbers. I don't know if we have a townie who can kill, but so long as we don't know that means we should at least try to get a vote going.

vote i-andrei

So we have Chan and you voting me D1 with no reason.
i remember from online mafia we played that you always said not to hammer. Abnormal behaviour from you here. I can only see it as scummy.

vote Extreme Qays[
Captain i-andrei

Postby i-andrei on Mon May 29, 2023 7:06 am

vote Extreme Ways
Captain i-andrei

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon May 29, 2023 7:31 am

i-andrei wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

What can you post D2?

vote i-andrei

So we have Chan and you voting me D1 with no reason.
i remember from online mafia we played that you always said not to hammer. Abnormal behaviour from you here. I can only see it as scummy.

vote Extreme Qays[

Hammering is being the finalising vote. This is the second vote of 6 required., Not at all a hammer. Besides, I am voting for a reason, one might say I am creating a reason.

You ask, what can you post day 1? I answer that people can come to your defence - or not - which gives information about allegiances.

Your vote on me - a tad omgus to me but perhaps you were indeed confused about the definition of "hammering"
General Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon May 29, 2023 7:34 am

You also put that statement out of context but I'll forgive you for that. I tend to not hammer a random bandwagon on day 1. Besides that, turbomafia and forummafia are different. For your convenience here's the definition as listed on mafia gg:

"1. The vote that decides which player was condemned on the day. 2. The final vote on a player."
General Extreme Ways

Postby chanakam2020 on Mon May 29, 2023 7:57 am

I said my reason on my post with the vote.
i-andrei did not tell he is interested in learning which sound like a naughty boy
Are you interested in learning some thing ? :evil: :evil:
Cook chanakam2020

Postby i-andrei on Mon May 29, 2023 8:49 am

Extreme Ways wrote:You also put that statement out of context but I'll forgive you for that. I tend to not hammer a random bandwagon on day 1. Besides that, turbomafia and forummafia are different. For your convenience here's the definition as listed on mafia gg:

"1. The vote that decides which player was condemned on the day. 2. The final vote on a player."

Not really interested in the exact definition. You're voting for someone for no reason on day 1, that's a scummy play.
Captain i-andrei

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 29, 2023 8:55 am

Voting and pressuring are towns best and most reliable tools in a vanilla game. We don't even know if we have a cop or anyone else who can help defend us against mafia during the night. By pressuring people, we can see their reactions and get a gage on what might be happening in their heads.

I-andrei, saying you find the people voting scummier than those not posting is fine but please back it up with reasoning.

For instance, my reason for suggesting poking people who are inactive is to keep the game from stagnating and see if I could get someone who hadn't to respond with minimal prompting.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby chanakam2020 on Mon May 29, 2023 9:02 am

i-andrei still did not tell he is interested in learning something :evil:
Cook chanakam2020

Postby i-andrei on Mon May 29, 2023 9:12 am

strike wolf wrote:Voting and pressuring are towns best and most reliable tools in a vanilla game. We don't even know if we have a cop or anyone else who can help defend us against mafia during the night. By pressuring people, we can see their reactions and get a gage on what might be happening in their heads.

I-andrei, saying you find the people voting scummier than those not posting is fine but please back it up with reasoning.

For instance, my reason for suggesting poking people who are inactive is to keep the game from stagnating and see if I could get someone who hadn't to respond with minimal prompting.

Well, just that being a vanilla game, Scum will likely be vocal so that none suspects them.
I was waiting for the 'i want to learn history' convos to finish cause that's just silly and adds quantity, not quality.
That being said Chanakram is continuing with that so maybe I should consider changing my vote.

Anyway, if you vote me out and I flip town, you got Extreme ways up for grabs.
Captain i-andrei

Postby strike wolf on Mon May 29, 2023 11:04 am

To be honest, I'm reading both you and Extreme as town at the moment.

Chana's silly comment about learning is kind of out of place and just fluff in the middle of a more serious convo.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Darin44 on Mon May 29, 2023 12:53 pm

unvote Maxleod vote i-andrei

maybe if we get enough votes we can learn something from i-andrei
Lieutenant Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon May 29, 2023 2:44 pm

strike wolf wrote:To be honest, I'm reading both you and Extreme as town at the moment.

Chana's silly comment about learning is kind of out of place and just fluff in the middle of a more serious convo.

In light of andrei's response, I too am backpedalling a tad. Especially considering Darin's extra vote, we are unlikely to learn anything from Andrei because we have so few power roles,

I was waiting for the 'i want to learn history' convos to finish cause that's just silly and adds quantity, not quality.

Me too, which is a big reason in why I voted you. I didn't particularly like your response in it, but at least you went in hard - will be interesting to look back upon later.

unvote andrei-i

For what it's worth, Chanakam's posts in this forum mimic what I would expect from him in a CC game. It doesnt add anything sure, but it reads true to character to me.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon May 29, 2023 2:50 pm

Aaaaaaah I keep wanting to posts PS's.

So far, Strike seems very town to me. Him also thinking Andrei seems town helps in my deciding that his posts about my mafia.gg behaviour are honest mistakes rather than intentionally throwing shade my way.
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Tue May 30, 2023 4:55 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:For what it's worth, Chanakam's posts in this forum mimic what I would expect from him in a CC game. It doesnt add anything sure, but it reads true to character to me.

I'll have to take your word for it. I don't know if I've played with Chana before and if I have, I don't recall his tendencies.

Anyone else want to give their observations of the Extreme/Andrei back and forth or anything else they might have noted?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DukeHazzard on Tue May 30, 2023 5:49 pm

I was away for the last 4 days. But I see there hasn't been much happening. I've read through everything, but don't have anything to add. It seems like everyone that's posting are just taking shots in the dark. I don't have anything to add.
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue May 30, 2023 6:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:Anyone else want to give their observations of the Extreme/Andrei back and forth or anything else they might have noted?

I think D1 thre is not much to talk about, more in a vanilla game, where I doubt there is a day power.

I have not played much with any of them so I cannot talk about tendencies. However, I actually believe Chana could have made a small point.
I assume that when everyone got their roles, Some were students willing to learn (Town), The Doctor and detective (no idea which names they have in this game, may be here willing to protect, make friends, or else), and the mafia (Bullies in here think, are here to bully), So unless the mafia or a powerrole is very smart and figured it out within the first post, people willing to learn stand to me as townies. People who did not post are not necessarily mafia aligned.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby DukeHazzard on Tue May 30, 2023 9:41 pm

*yawns* when is recess?

Postby chanakam2020 on Tue May 30, 2023 10:46 pm

DukeHazzard wrote:*yawns* when is recess?

It will om after lunch interval
Cook chanakam2020

Postby Ragian on Wed May 31, 2023 3:33 am

Vote count

1 chana (strike)
1 Darin (Max)
2 i-Andrei (chana, Darin)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to be sent to the principal's office. If there is no majority vote by the end of the day (no deadline imposed just yet), the day ends with no one being sent to the principal's office.

show: AssignmentHelp
Captain Ragian

Postby Maxleod on Wed May 31, 2023 5:13 am

Ragian wrote:Vote count

1 chana (strike)
1 Darin (Max)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

You forgot my vote...
Sergeant 1st Class Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby Ragian on Wed May 31, 2023 6:14 am

Vote count - extra help for visually impaired pupils

1 chana (strike)
1 Darin (Max)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to be sent to the principal's office. If there is no majority vote by the end of the day (no deadline imposed just yet), the day ends with no one being sent to the principal's office.

show: AssignmentHelp
Captain Ragian

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed May 31, 2023 8:10 am

If it wasnt for the source in the link, I almost thought we had a Representative or whatever your local variant of the role is called. To provide some info, here are my thoughts so far. Don't worry, given the amount of info we have none of them mean much.

Darin:
Jumped on the Andrei vote, I didnt like that. His little back-and-forth vote with Max didn't jump out to me.

Extreme Ways:
I'm Town. Duh.

Dunk:
we only have my vote/unvote on Dunk, and I did like his response. Also neutral about Dunk.

Chana:
Nothing negative. Chana's quirky personality makes this not a negative, otherwise I'd find him mildly suspicious.

Trafalgar:
I expected more participation and initially found Trafalgar suspicious. However, his point re: Chana (and himself, as his first post was stating that) is leading me to gutread him Town.

i-andrei:
Really unsure if I should chalk our spat up to inexperience is malice. I'm going with the former, but andrei is definitely on my radar. As a positive, he did allow us to have a little chat. Him not unvoting me I'm also not sure about.

Maxleod:
No info besides interested in learning.

Fusi:
no info at all, one of people I tried to call out when Traf instead posted. Not reading this as scum, but can't say anything about it either.

Pixar:
Has only posted fluff, no votes/no attacks/no defences.

Strike:
Strike has been participating everywhere and I'm deep in his pocket. I definitely read Strike as Town for now. Him reading me vs andrei as Town vs Town helps in that.

Duke:
DukeHazzard wrote:I was away for the last 4 days. But I see there hasn't been much happening. I've read through everything, but don't have anything to add. It seems like everyone that's posting are just taking shots in the dark. I don't have anything to add.

I dont like this.

Are you excited for recess because you can bully people out of class during recess?
General Extreme Ways

Postby DukeHazzard on Wed May 31, 2023 8:31 am

Extreme Ways wrote:Duke:
DukeHazzard wrote:I was away for the last 4 days. But I see there hasn't been much happening. I've read through everything, but don't have anything to add. It seems like everyone that's posting are just taking shots in the dark. I don't have anything to add.

I dont like this.

Are you excited for recess because you can bully people out of class during recess?

What don't you like? That I have a life and was away for 4 days? Or that I see everyone taking "shots in the dark"? No one has any info and so everything is just guesses at this point. Are you caught up on my wording? I'm trying to keep this interesting rather than just saying, I'm town, duh.

I'm not excited for recess. It's like the first day of the last game when people were "dropping the soap". Just more flavor. Read it however you want. I'm town.

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed May 31, 2023 8:48 am

DukeHazzard wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:Duke:

I dont like this.

What don't you like? That I have a life and was away for 4 days? Or that I see everyone taking "shots in the dark"? No one has any info and so everything is just guesses at this point. Are you caught up on my wording? I'm trying to keep this interesting rather than just saying, I'm town, duh.

I'm not excited for recess. It's like the first day of the last game when people were "dropping the soap". Just more flavor. Read it however you want. I'm town.

I dont like that you don't have anything add, I dont mind RL. I know I'll be on holiday in a couple weeks myself, don't worry about that. I think you could have something to add on the EW/Andrei back and forth, or about other observations.

We are unlikely to get much more info day 2, this is a vanilla game. So we will enter day 2 with likely 10 people alive of which 2/3 mafia. The info we gain is who mafia killed, as well as hopefully a cop getting a reading on someone. Maybe cop even dies!

Choosing a preliminary side or adding thoughts on a 'fight' between other players creates info for town. If not not, then later.
General Extreme Ways

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives