Conquer Club

Vanilla Elementary Mafia - TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Vanilla Elementary Mafia - D1

Postby chanakam2020 on Wed May 31, 2023 10:03 am

Hands up for a question:
:?: :?:

Do we have a class monitor/prefect ? or will we have one ?
Cook chanakam2020

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed May 31, 2023 11:21 am

I do think fusibaseball being silent is kind of odd
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby strike wolf on Wed May 31, 2023 4:24 pm

DukeHazzard wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:Duke:
DukeHazzard wrote:I was away for the last 4 days. But I see there hasn't been much happening. I've read through everything, but don't have anything to add. It seems like everyone that's posting are just taking shots in the dark. I don't have anything to add.

I dont like this.
DukeHazzard wrote:*yawns* when is recess?

Are you excited for recess because you can bully people out of class during recess?

What don't you like? That I have a life and was away for 4 days? Or that I see everyone taking "shots in the dark"? No one has any info and so everything is just guesses at this point. Are you caught up on my wording? I'm trying to keep this interesting rather than just saying, I'm town, duh.

I'm not excited for recess. It's like the first day of the last game when people were "dropping the soap". Just more flavor. Read it however you want. I'm town.[/quote
Day 1's in mafia are pretty much guess work. You guess until you start getting reads. Saying you don't get much of anything is an understandable position but Extreme isn't wrong about it not being helpful.

The observation about wanting to learn possibly being town specific is admittedly not something I considered and had just brushed it off as flavor text in the role PM.

My strongest read right now is a town leaning for Extreme.

I-andrei's concern felt genuine to me and I'm a little suspicious still on Chana.

I'll take Extreme's word for now that Chana's behavior is within the norm for them and Unvote.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby DukeHazzard on Wed May 31, 2023 5:06 pm

I'm not sure what you all mean by a vanilla game? Also, this is only my second game. Not to sure on how to "read" people by what is said. I can only learn from what's going on. I enjoyed the last game and I feel that i learned a lot. But I still have lots to figure out too. It might take me a minute.
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed May 31, 2023 6:06 pm

DukeHazzard wrote:I'm not sure what you all mean by a vanilla game? Also, this is only my second game. Not to sure on how to "read" people by what is said. I can only learn from what's going on. I enjoyed the last game and I feel that i learned a lot. But I still have lots to figure out too. It might take me a minute.

I wanted to tone my posting down, but felt like this reply was appropriate because it's mostly metagame related.

Vanilla means... not a lot of power roles. So in essence, most of the players are 'vanilla town' - town without any ability other than voting.We don't know what roles are in this game, but we can assume that town has something like 1 investigative role, 1 protective role, and 1 one-time kill role. Perhaps the latter two are merged.

And about reading people: neither do I. I spout text, and see what sticks. Using our example, your 'cant wait for recess' stood out to me. Why? For one, because it might be a minor slip up and you could be mafia. Moreover, if in day 3 you are saying you're someone with a night action, this quote will look good for you - you already 'soft-claimed' a night action by looking forward to recess. It's these minor things in day 1 that are interesting.

I would say it comes with experience, but this is my first forum mafia game as well. I've played plenty "turbo" (i.e. real time chatroom) mafia, but there is no time to properly read and reflect in those games.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DukeHazzard on Wed May 31, 2023 7:57 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:you already 'soft-claimed' a night action by looking forward to recess. It's these minor things in day 1 that are interesting.

I didn't know that was a soft claim. I wasn't claiming anything, lol. We're playing a bunch of kids in a classroom. It's like when you're driving down the road and one of your kids pipes up and says 'are we there yet?' I guess I'll stop with the jokes, because it got me in hot water in the last game too.

Postby *Pixar* on Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:55 am

I know this is not statistics class but what do we want to do here? Basically we got about 18-27% chance we lynch someone today and get a scumbag out of it. Not very good odds, just like the class history, this day has been very boring, not much added by anyone that could help us.
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:22 am

Not very good odds, but better odds at killing a mafia than the nightly mafia kill.
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:54 am

Used to be that no lynching day 1 was usually considered a waste of a day. Thoughts on that changed after a while but I was mostly in that camp. I think at the very least we need to pressure someone beyond the 1 or 2 votes we've given.

Right now, Id most like to pressure those who have been quiet. Try to at least get their thoughts. I dont think Fusi has posted since saying they were here. Can we get a mod prod?

Dunk reacted when voted for and unless has gone quiet again since then.

Of the two, Fusi reads more as standard inactive to me. While showing up to talk and then going quiet again feels more like summarizing.

Vote Dunk

To note: Trafalgar also reacted when voted for but he has stayed a bit more active. So im more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:00 pm

Yes mafia will kill N1, but the chances of we lynching a townie D1 are much bigger than a mafia, if we fail and lynch a villie we are 2 down, which would mean 6v3 or 7v2 probably a third party in there anyway. So it would start getting harder. if we only lose a townie N1, we are still 7v3 or 8v2 much better in my opinion.

strike wolf wrote:To note: Trafalgar also reacted when voted for but he has stayed a bit more active. So im more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't think I have been voted for.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby strike wolf on Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:27 pm

Yes. I meant to do an Ebwop to say that it was only him calling you out on being inactive not voting but got pulled away before I could.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:05 pm

[quote="TrafalgarLaw01"]Yes mafia will kill N1, but the chances of we lynching a townie D1 are much bigger than a mafia, if we fail and lynch a villie we are 2 down, which would mean 6v3 or 7v2 probably a third party in there anyway. So it would start getting harder. if we only lose a townie N1, we are still 7v3 or 8v2 much better in my opinion.[QUOTE]
Ok, but 6v3 is about as good as 7v3 because you are on an odd number. Voting on 4 is scary, because a mislunch means it's game over. You can extend this and conclude that not voting right now also means not voting in the future once, to get back in odd numbers.

I am on mobile now but will join a vote when I'm home.
General Extreme Ways

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:21 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:Yes mafia will kill N1, but the chances of we lynching a townie D1 are much bigger than a mafia, if we fail and lynch a villie we are 2 down, which would mean 6v3 or 7v2 probably a third party in there anyway. So it would start getting harder. if we only lose a townie N1, we are still 7v3 or 8v2 much better in my opinion.
Ok, but 6v3 is about as good as 7v3 because you are on an odd number. Voting on 4 is scary, because a mislunch means it's game over. You can extend this and conclude that not voting right now also means not voting in the future once, to get back in odd numbers.

I am on mobile now but will join a vote when I'm home.

So if I understand correctly. We would need 5 votes for a lynch 9 players but 6 with 10, which means it's about the same as we would need all townies but 1 to vote for the right player?
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:36 pm

That too, but it's moreso that you get to 4 people if you lynch with 6. And you get to 6 if you lynch on 8. This changes if Town has a role which can send someone to the principal at night, but we don't know whether we have one.

I don't think we will get a today anyway, and if we get a lynch it's likely that mafia are voting on it as well.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:40 pm

I am still on mobile unfortunately, train service died due to an accident. I don't want to re-joim the Andrei vote because Darin jumped on that so easily. I'll vote vote dunk again instead.

vote Dunk
General Extreme Ways

Postby fusibaseball on Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:52 am

What I learned last game is that Day 1 is usually just a bunch of finger pointing and I don't see anything here that's been discussed that makes me think otherwise. Hopefully we have some investigative roles that can do their thing Night 1 and we can develop a core group of trustworthy players (so like last game for me was Dunk, Darin, Dega). Also sorry I have gotten busier IRL during this game but will try to be more attentive.
Field Marshal fusibaseball

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 03, 2023 9:29 pm

So straight forward question for those who seem content to just let it go to night. What do we get by not pressuring anyone? I'm not even talking about forcing a lynch. I'm just talking about putting some pressure on people. Because as far as I can see everyone is just making it easy for mafia to say "well day 1 is just finger pointing" and blend into town.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Dunk90 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:01 am

I'm still watching all of you.
I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum and right now I'm out of bubble gum......
Sergeant Dunk90

Postby chanakam2020 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:53 am

strike wolf wrote:So straight forward question for those who seem content to just let it go to night. What do we get by not pressuring anyone? I'm not even talking about forcing a lynch. I'm just talking about putting some pressure on people. Because as far as I can see everyone is just making it easy for mafia to say "well day 1 is just finger pointing" and blend into town.

Unvote i-Andrei
Vote strike wolf

Trying to pressure you to learn some thing =D>
Cook chanakam2020

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:35 am

chanakam2020 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:So straight forward question for those who seem content to just let it go to night. What do we get by not pressuring anyone? I'm not even talking about forcing a lynch. I'm just talking about putting some pressure on people. Because as far as I can see everyone is just making it easy for mafia to say "well day 1 is just finger pointing" and blend into town.

Unvote i-Andrei
Vote strike wolf

Wrong person to pressure, as strike has so far been leading conversations. Also not applying any pressure, since there's a couple other people who already have votes on them.
General Extreme Ways

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:09 am

Dunk90 wrote:I'm still watching all of you.

Cool. Tells us nothing. So I see no reason to unvote.

chanakam2020 wrote:

Unvote i-Andrei
Vote strike wolf

Well, I suppose voting me is better than nothing. Like Extreme said though. I've been relatively active. If you're concerned about me then there's definitely material to look into on it.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Darin44 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:42 am

I was trying to pressure i-Andrei but as soon as he got 3 vote Extreme Ways unvote so it doesn't do you any good to try
Lieutenant Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Darin44 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 7:44 am

I'd like to know why Extreme Ways unvote if we are trying to get info
Lieutenant Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby DukeHazzard on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:09 am

Darin44 wrote:I'd like to know why Extreme Ways unvote if we are trying to get info

I have to agree. There's votes been on half of the class with no clear pressure on anyone. I haven't voted because there's no clear path by anyone, including the leaders of this group. If we need 6 votes to lynch someone then we need at least 4 to put any pressure on them. The most votes against anyone so far has been 2. that's not pressure.

Postby chanakam2020 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 9:23 am

DukeHazzard wrote:
Darin44 wrote:I'd like to know why Extreme Ways unvote if we are trying to get info

I have to agree. There's votes been on half of the class with no clear pressure on anyone. I haven't voted because there's no clear path by anyone, including the leaders of this group. If we need 6 votes to lynch someone then we need at least 4 to put any pressure on them. The most votes against anyone so far has been 2. that's not pressure.

incorrect.
At one point i-andrei had 3 votes.
By the way where is our teacher ?
Cook chanakam2020

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives