Conquer Club

Vanilla Elementary Mafia - TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Vanilla Elementary Mafia - D1

Postby Ragian on Sun Jun 04, 2023 1:55 pm

Vote count

1 chana (strike)
1 Darin (Max)
1 i-Andrei (Darin)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)
2 Dunk (Strike, Extreme)
1 Strike (Chana)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to be sent to the principal's office. If there is no majority vote by the end of the day (deadline imposed ), the day ends with no one being sent to the principal's office.

D1 DEADLINE MONDAY JUNE 12, 4PM GMT+1
Captain Ragian

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Sun Jun 04, 2023 2:17 pm

Ugh, this class is gonan be long, till June 12.
I don't really know what else to say, like I don't see much to preassure someone, If anything I would be more suspicious of EW, Fusi, Darin adn Pixar, but don't really have anything to make a full accusation
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Jun 04, 2023 3:20 pm

Darin44 wrote:
strike wolf wrote:So straight forward question for those who seem content to just let it go to night. What do we get by not pressuring anyone? I'm not even talking about forcing a lynch. I'm just talking about putting some pressure on people. Because as far as I can see everyone is just making it easy for mafia to say "well day 1 is just finger pointing" and blend into town.

I was trying to pressure i-Andrei but as soon as he got 3 vote Extreme Ways unvote so it doesn't do you any good to try

Hmm, good point, but your vote felt ingenuine to me. That could be on me though.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DukeHazzard on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:07 pm

chanakam2020 wrote:
DukeHazzard wrote:
Darin44 wrote:I'd like to know why Extreme Ways unvote if we are trying to get info

I have to agree. There's votes been on half of the class with no clear pressure on anyone. I haven't voted because there's no clear path by anyone, including the leaders of this group. If we need 6 votes to lynch someone then we need at least 4 to put any pressure on them. The most votes against anyone so far has been 2. that's not pressure.

incorrect.
At one point i-andrei had 3 votes.
By the way where is our teacher ?

Ya, you're right. But it happened so fast that he was up to 3 and down to 2 before I logged on. I think my point is still clear.
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby DukeHazzard on Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:11 pm

I'm going to put my money where my mouth is. According to the vote count, Dunk is at 2. I'll make it 3 and if we can get a 4th then we might actually get somewhere.

Vote Dunk

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jun 04, 2023 10:35 pm

Ragian wrote:Vote count

1 chana (strike)
1 Darin (Max)
1 i-Andrei (Darin)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)
2 Dunk (Strike, Extreme)
1 Strike (Chana)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to be sent to the principal's office. If there is no majority vote by the end of the day (deadline imposed ), the day ends with no one being sent to the principal's office.

I unvoted Chana.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:13 am

Vote count

1 Darin (Max)
1 i-Andrei (Darin)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)
2 Dunk (Strike, Extreme)
1 Strike (Chana)

Strike passes teacher's test. Well done =D>
Captain Ragian

Postby DukeHazzard on Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:17 am

Ragian wrote:Vote count

1 Darin (Max)
1 i-Andrei (Darin)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)
2 Dunk (Strike, Extreme)
1 Strike (Chana)

Strike passes teacher's test. Well done =D>

I added one to Dunk as well

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:53 am

Lets get a claim out of Dunk. Not really a fan of people claiming Day 1 but we are getting no where and with such a small group we need something to work off of, am I right? If he even has been reading any of this...

Vote Dunk90
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:55 am

Why don't you kids bugger off with your incessant pedantry?

Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 05, 2023 9:56 am

Vote count

1 Darin (Max)
1 i-Andrei (Darin)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)
4 Dunk (Strike, Extreme, Duke, Pixar) Dunk is at L-2
1 Strike (Chana)

Captain Ragian

Postby Dunk90 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:33 pm

I see I got 4 votes. Well, I'm a cop. If I'm voted off, there goes your investigative avenue. Do it at your own peril. I'm REALLY watching all you now! Let's see what happens.
I like to kick ass and chew bubble gum and right now I'm out of bubble gum......
Sergeant 1st Class Dunk90

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 2:54 pm

Dunk90 wrote:I see I got 4 votes. Well, I'm a cop. If I'm voted off, there goes your investigative avenue. Do it at your own peril. I'm REALLY watching all you now! Let's see what happens.

That is excatly what I didnt wanted to happen D1 one of townie powerrole exposing themselv, even tho if it was quite obvious from his post. (Dunk can be lying but I dont think so).
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:05 pm

unvote dunk
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:That is excatly what I didnt wanted to happen D1 one of townie powerrole exposing themselv, even tho if it was quite obvious from his post. (Dunk can be lying but I dont think so).

I dont think we have too many powerroles, but Tralfagar, I urge you to answer what Strike said earlier:
So straight forward question for those who seem content to just let it go to night. What do we get by not pressuring anyone? I'm not even talking about forcing a lynch. I'm just talking about putting some pressure on people. Because as far as I can see everyone is just making it easy for mafia to say "well day 1 is just finger pointing" and blend into town.

Besides, do you mean that it was obvious for you that Dunk90 was a cop from this post?
I'm still watching all of you.

Why didnt you use any stronger wording to say that you didnt like the Dunk vote then? I had you as "town for now" earlier, but when you dont answer strike's question earlier about what we get by not pressuring someone, this doesn't feel like defending dunk at all:
Ugh, this class is gonan be long, till June 12.
I don't really know what else to say, like I don't see much to preassure someone, If anything I would be more suspicious of EW, Fusi, Darin adn Pixar, but don't really have anything to make a full accusation

Just saying "I have a good feeling about Dunk. Maybe we can pressure someone else" goes a long way.
General Extreme Ways

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:16 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:unvote dunk
TrafalgarLaw01 wrote:That is excatly what I didnt wanted to happen D1 one of townie powerrole exposing themselv, even tho if it was quite obvious from his post. (Dunk can be lying but I dont think so).

I dont think we have too many powerroles, but Tralfagar, I urge you to answer what Strike said earlier:

Indeed I don't think we have to many power roles either. Pretty sure its cop, doctor and maybe something else. 4 or 5 vainilla townies, 1 third party and 2 or 3 mafia, I think 2 cause 3 seems so hard for town.

So nothing really much to preassure D1. And if we do we could end up exposing a townie powerrole if the person holding the role its not carefull.

So straight forward question for those who seem content to just let it go to night. What do we get by not pressuring anyone? I'm not even talking about forcing a lynch. I'm just talking about putting some pressure on people. Because as far as I can see everyone is just making it easy for mafia to say "well day 1 is just finger pointing" and blend into town.

Extreme Ways wrote:Besides, do you mean that it was obvious for you that Dunk90 was a cop from this post?
I'm still watching all of you.

He had said it twice, I'm quite sure he was trying to be subtle (it wasn't but ok), Cause as I said we got the intention of our characters with the name, SOme of us are here to learn, and I assumed cop and doctor were here to do something else, like protecting, mking friends, watching, etc.

I urge doctor to protect Dunk n1, and Dunk to get some info for us to disscuss. IMO we should get info on EW, Darin or Fusi.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby fusibaseball on Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:41 pm

This is sort of what I was afraid of. Now Doctor (assuming we have some saving ability in play) will be forced to use their save on Dunk to retain our key investigative ability which Mafia can telegraph and target anyone else. As a result there is an increased chance of Mafia's kill going through successfully. Dunk is either Mafia or a power Town role; I don't see how he could be incentivized to claim Cop Day 1 if he was Vanilla and be forced to maintain a storyline that makes sense for the entirety of the game.
Field Marshal fusibaseball

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:30 pm

Mafia wouldnt claim a powerrole day 1.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:42 pm

He had said it twice, I'm quite sure he was trying to be subtle (it wasn't but ok), Cause as I said we got the intention of our characters with the name, SOme of us are here to learn, and I assumed cop and doctor were here to do something else, like protecting, mking friends, watching, etc.

Unfortunately subtle enough for me to pick up on it. I even voted him for it beginning of the day.

Indeed I don't think we have to many power roles either. Pretty sure its cop, doctor and maybe something else. 4 or 5 vainilla townies, 1 third party and 2 or 3 mafia, I think 2 cause 3 seems so hard for town.

So nothing really much to preassure D1. And if we do we could end up exposing a townie powerrole if the person holding the role its not carefull.

Which again evades the question Strike asked. Imo the game is borderline impossible to play without putting pressure on people, even if you have few roles available. Without pressure, nobody has to make a stand or choose a side. Your posts seem town so far, I can't deny that, but I do fault you for not defending Dunk more when we had 3 votes on him and only going with what you posted.

PS: idk if this needs to be said but im not trying to be personal, only in-game comments.
General Extreme Ways

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:13 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:
Which again evades the question Strike asked. Imo the game is borderline impossible to play without putting pressure on people, even if you have few roles available. Without pressure, nobody has to make a stand or choose a side. Your posts seem town so far, I can't deny that, but I do fault you for not defending Dunk more when we had 3 votes on him and only going with what you posted.

PS: idk if this needs to be said but im not trying to be personal, only in-game comments.

I don't think we gain much preassuring someone D1, actually as it happened town had more chances of exposing something. As I said before if we lycnh a town D1, we are almost guaranteed to recieve a night kill as well, even more now, cause as Fusi said, Doctor has to protect Dunk, so it would be 2 down, pretty sure if we hadn't exposed cop, questions on d2 would have been much more effective.

PS: I'm only playing the game as well. I still like you

PS: I'm not experiecend player so maybe you and Strike are right at preassuring someone D1, but in this setting I don't think it was a good strat.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:26 pm

The question was what we would get out of not pressuring someone. Pressuring someone has its potential up- and downsides. Obviously having our cop come out is a downside, but it still gives us some info.

Say Dunk wasn't cop but a villager and got lynched: the players who voted look bad, there's likely mafia within them. The players who defended him look good, even if mafia knows that Dunk is Town they don't have a lot of reason to defend him D1 to get town credit, I think.

My advice to you which I post here instead of in DMs for obvious reasons is that if you think someone is obvious town and he is getting pressured:
strike wolf wrote:Used to be that no lynching day 1 was usually considered a waste of a day. Thoughts on that changed after a while but I was mostly in that camp. I think at the very least we need to pressure someone beyond the 1 or 2 votes we've given.

Right now, Id most like to pressure those who have been quiet. Try to at least get their thoughts. I dont think Fusi has posted since saying they were here. Can we get a mod prod?

Dunk reacted when voted for and unless has gone quiet again since then.

Of the two, Fusi reads more as standard inactive to me. While showing up to talk and then going quiet again feels more like summarizing.

Vote Dunk

To note: Trafalgar also reacted when voted for but he has stayed a bit more active. So im more willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The follow up should be something that defends Dunk or offers a pivot to someone else, the obvious person in this example being fusi.

Now I'm not trying to say that my vote on Dunk is your fault or whatever, but I did trust both you and strike and went with strike's vote because I didn't like how Darin joined the vote on Andrei so quickly. It's likely I wouldn't have voted Dunk if you made it clear that you trusted him so far. A lot of hindsight included of course, but I hope it offers some generic advice for now and for the future. It also helps people in making an opinion of you further down the line if you post strong opinions.

PS: I am not an experienced player either, I've only played real-time mafia in chatrooms where it's way harder to pick up on subtleties and where people get shitpushed and bandwagoned for nonsense day 1 :D

Anyway, Doc should be on Dunk indeed. Dunk may investigate who he wishes. The upside is that if Doc survives, he can say 'X is town' immediately on day start, so investigating some of the more vocal ones who are in a bit of conflict or voted him (strike, myself, andrei, Duke, Pix) sounds wise.

I think it's likely maf kills Traf, so if you have opinions on people - even if they are based on little things - feel free to share as much as you want.
General Extreme Ways

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:35 pm

Unfortunatelly I do think Mafia will kill me too. We'll have time till 12th, so I will re read everything and see what I think
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jun 05, 2023 5:36 pm

Of course my advice to myself is to read between the lines better :lol:. I'm open for more feedback though, of course. I'm here to learn!
General Extreme Ways

Postby DukeHazzard on Mon Jun 05, 2023 7:00 pm

Unvote Dunk

We got some information, but I agree with you guys, That might not have been good for us.

Postby chanakam2020 on Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:07 am

Dunk90 wrote:I see I got 4 votes. Well, I'm a cop. If I'm voted off, there goes your investigative avenue. Do it at your own peril. I'm REALLY watching all you now! Let's see what happens.

Big question ?
Can there be a cop in classroom ?
Should not it be a prefect/class monitor ?
Cook chanakam2020

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:46 am

People oftentimes just name the role rather than the flavour equivalent. I must admit especially this time it has been useful, but I'd rather try to play Mafia using a little out-of-game/meta clues as possible. How his role is worded by Teacher doesn't really matter to us. I could verbatim post the stuff in my DM that is not exactly my role and town would know I'm town, but not due to anything that I have said.
General Extreme Ways

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives