Conquer Club

Vanilla Elementary Mafia - TOWN WINS!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Vanilla Elementary Mafia - D1

Postby *Pixar* on Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:55 am

unvote Dunk at this point I don't think we provide any more claims Day1, if Dunks happens to be true that's not exactly the best thing to happen for the good kids, yes I think if there is a doctor they should use their role to protect dunk during recess.
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:03 am

Unvote

@Extreme: In fairness to Trafalgar, how do you really expect him to defend Dunk there? Dunk had barely said anything in the thread and short of pointing out the hints he believed he was seeing, what was there to really defend? It would arguably be worse to say something along the lines of "If you saw the hints Dunk is trying to give you then you wouldn't be voting him." I suppose he could have responded to my question but so could everyone who was dragging their feet about putting pressure on anyone today.

Some thoughts:

Traf-no strong opinion. Calling out that he saw the hints now is a bit "told you so" but like I said, what was he supposed to do?

Dunk-claimed cop. No reason to doubt the claim. He should add more of his thoughts into what's been going on day 1.

I-Andrei-the exchange between him and extreme has me reading him mostly town. He came to a viewpoint I don't agree with but he also stuck with it and it felt genuine.

Extreme-Either town or very smart scum. Has been siting me positively a lot which has me slightly suspicious that he's just trying to get on my good side since I've been relatively active compared to most of town. He's been active and leading conversations though which is usually a town position.

Duke-no strong reads. Probably slight town leaning but will probably have to reread some of his posts and get further into the game to have much of a feeling.

Fusi-been mostly quiet but has been more active the last little bit and may have just been away before that. No strong reads.

Chana-Has been a little aloof and Fluffy in his posts much of this game. It strikes me a bit suspicious. His reaction to my question was to vote me which I guess was his way of saying he felt me wanting to pressure someone was suspicious in itself and that's a better response than I got out of most of you. Extreme vouches for him which could be just what it is on the surface or could be a scumbuddy trying to gently defend his other scumbuddy.

Pixar-has not included a heart-wrenching emotional scene that leaves adults weeping through a kids movie. So are they really who they claim to be? I cry foul. More seriously, I don't know if I liked his 4th vote on Dunk. It felt kind of sudden for him and it's a fairly safe spot for mafia to jump on a vote count to avoid the stigma of hammering. I do understand being frustrated with how the game was trying to stagnate though and could see it affecting his position.

Darin-no strong opinions at the moment. Will need to reread his posts to really get a feel there.

Max-it took me a moment to remember who was the last person in this game. So it's safe to say I have no read on him right now and would have to read back through.

General thoughts: Cop claiming day 1 is obviously a bad situation but Dunk's posting was classic scummarining and with a day 1 that isn't producing much activity or leads, I'm pretty much always going to go after the person posting without contributing. If mafia has a Roleblocker then theyll probably just block Dunk as long as town is not likely to have any way of stopping them from doing so in a vanilla game. If mafia doesn't then they're probably going to target Dunk at some point. Maybe not tonight or even tomorrow night but even with a potential doc role on the table, leaving the cop alone to investigate unhampered becomes too much of a risk as the game goes on
I will not go as far as to say Doc has to protect any specific player tonight. I just ask that they use good judgment and make an informed decision.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:11 am

Ha Strike, I feel the same way about you.

To answer your question:
it's difficult, but now we end up with a 'I told you so' on the subtle hints while none of the 4 people who voted for him (us included, of course) were smart and dilligent enough to notice - I'm still reading Traf town but if it weren't for earlier stuff I would consider it quite scummy.

As for what Traf could have done in my opinion, is argue less about not pressuring someone, and offering a pivot instead. I realise that this clash is mostly in playstyles - Traf wasn't voting for anyone - but voting for someone else would have drawn attention away from Dunk. Traf couldn't have known that when I said 'I'll vote when I'm home' I would vote for Dunk, but me voting along with one of the people who were strongest town to me (strike/Traf) was likely I think. Traf had no vote, and Dunk was still neutral in my book, hence my vote for Dunk.

But it's all in the past - I still have Traf as town and I think this is a learning experience for both myself and Traf. For me on reading more between the lines and realising that Traf was trying to divert people from voting Dunk.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby chanakam2020 on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:42 am

chanakam2020 wrote:
Dunk90 wrote:I see I got 4 votes. Well, I'm a cop. If I'm voted off, there goes your investigative avenue. Do it at your own peril. I'm REALLY watching all you now! Let's see what happens.

Big question ?
Can there be a cop in classroom ?
Should not it be a prefect/class monitor ?

Extreme Ways wrote:People oftentimes just name the role rather than the flavour equivalent. I must admit especially this time it has been useful, but I'd rather try to play Mafia using a little out-of-game/meta clues as possible. How his role is worded by Teacher doesn't really matter to us. I could verbatim post the stuff in my DM that is not exactly my role and town would know I'm town, but not due to anything that I have said.

lets ask Dunk , how his role was actually named by Teacher ?
Is it 'COP or some other thing such as Prefect/Class monitor ?

No additional harm will happen by getting that info. =D> =D>

UNVote strike wolf
looking for a better candidate to execute my democracy voting rights
Cook chanakam2020

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:41 am

Chana, while with good intentions, let me paint you an example from my online chatroom mafia games. You're free to continue asking him what his role is named but do not put too much weight on it or on any other rolenames.

As mafia in lobbies with a high amount of power roles (often just 'random' powerroles), you have to fake a powerrole. If you were pressured and claiming role X, some people would ask you to copy and paste the role description of role X and if unable to do so, consider you suspicious.

That type of gameplay has nothing to do with the game of mafia. It uses external info that is given to you that sometimes cannot be faked, thus defeating the purpose of social deduction and deception.

As for our game, consider a hypothetical in which we ask everyone to copy their PM from Teacher (probably not even allowed, but it's a hypothetical). Mafia will never be the first to copy, so you always have at least 1 confirm 2 or 3 people out of the group post their PM. This is what slightly upsets me about Trafalgar's current position in the game - it's nigh impossible for me to consider him not-town but it is based on external info. I would have loved to be more suspicious of him.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Ragian on Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:32 pm

It's time for a tiny bit of repetition, class:

4. Do not quote any PRIVATE PM's you receive from me. This is a serious offence and could earn you a mod-kill.

9. You may vote ā€˜no lynchā€™ to end the day without a death.

Carry on, pupils. And remember to help each other during this group work.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Tue Jun 06, 2023 2:35 pm

Vote count

1 Darin (Max)
1 i-Andrei (Darin)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to be sent to the principal's office. If there is no majority vote by the end of the day (deadline imposed ), the day ends with no one being sent to the principal's office.

D1 DEADLINE MONDAY JUNE 12, 4PM GMT+1
Captain Ragian

Postby Extreme Ways on Tue Jun 06, 2023 5:17 pm

I'm just voting andrei here because he hasn't unvoted me and with the cop already out, whats the chance we get another power role to reveal itself?

vote i-andrei
General Extreme Ways

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Jun 06, 2023 9:45 pm

Ok here is what I think so far:

Of the first 11 presentation posts.

Pixar was the first an said was interested in learning numbers,
Strike - speld his name
Chana - said is learning the ABC
Darin - just said his name
Fusi - his name and his called by nick
Traf - Interested in learning
Max - Interested in Learning as well but was so similar to the previus comment, may be we are both as unoriginall or he started to pick something
Dunk - Name and Watching you for the first time
EW - Name and a "surename" not sure there are more surenames, something, plus freendom, may be someone who does not like class, bug me a bit.
Andrei- just name
Duke - Namefirst class with pocket protector and a calculator may be something, but not sure.

So just of this I feel Pixar, Chana, and Traf are townies. Max could be townie or a smart scum so I don't rule him out.

Dunk - he already claimed, we can't be sure but he said twice he was watching us, before claiming, I also had talked about the role theory following Chana pointing to andrei for not saying he was here to learn. Now I also agree with Chana, his role should not be "Cop" rahter something more in theme. So I would like to know the role name as well. Either Dunk again made claims that put him into the eye of the huracan and was trying to be subtle or is an unknown genius, I'm going for the former, so for now I believe he is a "cop", but telling his roll name wouldnt hurt.

Strike - is an experience player, may have try to get info, and his questions seemed more honest to me, no strong opinion but town leaning for now.

Darin - Suspicious to me, said nothing with his name, asking for recess, jumping votes from one side to another.

andrei - He did not said anything with his name, but also was feeling truthfull when saying there is not much to talk D1 (I belive so too, but now re reading maybe it was some talk going on), also said this
i-andrei wrote:
Not really interested in the exact definition. You're voting for someone for no reason on day 1, that's a scummy play.

So may have a power role, or third party, but I have no strong opinion right now.

Duke haven't said anything worthy, and if any seems a bit non collavorative, so not good start.

Fusi - He was very active last time as townie, much more quiet this time, so is suspicious to me.

EW

Was the first to claim not bully and made it twice (Trying to gain town confidence maybe), Also trying to get votes and calling some claims on Duke, maybe cause he is used to mafiagg or turbomafia or whatever, but he reckons this is a different type of game. also the argument with andrei, trying to get by Strike confidence, I can see a lot of honest plays but also scummy ones. So suspicious to me as well.

So if Duke is really a cop, I think priorities to check on are Darin, EW and Fusi.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby i-andrei on Wed Jun 07, 2023 6:01 am

Extreme Ways wrote:I'm just voting andrei here because he hasn't unvoted me and with the cop already out, whats the chance we get another power role to reveal itself?

vote i-andrei

I'm not unvoting you cause I feel like I was onto something when i voted you the first time.
Captain i-andrei

Postby strike wolf on Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:40 am

I don't really get revotimg i-Andrei because he's still voting you. It just feels like a weird move.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Jun 07, 2023 9:25 am

strike wolf wrote:I don't really get revotimg i-Andrei because he's still voting you. It just feels like a weird move.

Hmm, you're free to feel that way.

Really unsure if I should chalk our spat up to inexperience is or (typo edited, red.) malice. I'm going with the former, but andrei is definitely on my radar. As a positive, he did allow us to have a little chat. Him not unvoting me I'm also not sure about.

This changed from 'the former' to 'perhaps the latter' for me. I dont see why he would... accuse me things, then back down or at least acknowledge my reasoning, and otherwise not do anything else. It feels like just coasting to me.

There's only 3 people with votes atm:
Me
Andrei
Darin

Andrei votes for me, Darin votes for Andrei, Max votes for Darin. If I would want to put pressure on someone, I would prefer to add a vote rather than have a 4th person with a single vote on them. Darin rightfully mentioned that I went off of andrei as soon as he voted him. At the time, his vote felt a bandwagon going a little too fast for me. But I trust Darin over Andrei and concede that my initial distrust is likely just a feeling based on nothing, so it doesnt hurt me to vote andrei. I'm vocal and shotgunning votes, but I'm also a noob :D

In addition, andrei is climbing my potential-scum list so it's someone I would consider voting for anyway.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Razorvich on Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:43 am

Stalled?
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby *Pixar* on Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:54 am

Looks like it. I'm not up for revealing any more roles. Feel like we revealed too much by dunk calling cop.

Vote No Lynch
Colonel *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:43 pm

I'm considering to switch my vote too to get the day over with, but I dont think we have enough people to vote no lynch anyway.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DukeHazzard on Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:48 pm

I agree. It's been a few days since anyone said anything. I think we're stalled for sure.

Vote No Lynch
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby Maxleod on Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:31 pm

NO.

darin's making up excuses to skip class and hasn't shown any interest in learning.
EVERYON VOTE DARIN.

This is a chance to kill a scum D1.
Sergeant 1st Class Maxleod

Location: DARDIS (Drunkness And Relative Dimensions In Sleep)

Postby Darin44 on Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:41 pm

Maxleod wrote:NO.

darin's making up excuses to skip class and hasn't shown any interest in learning.
EVERYON VOTE DARIN.

This is a chance to kill a scum D1.

Yah you looking like scum to me

Unvote vote no lynch
Lieutenant Darin44
Tournament Director
Tournament Director

Postby Ragian on Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:02 am

You have no business in this classroom, you!

*Drags Razor to the principal's office*
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:05 am

Vote count

3 No lynch (Pixar, Duke, Darin)
1 Darin (Max)
2 i-Andrei (Darin, extreme)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to be sent to the principal's office. If there is no majority vote by the end of the day (deadline imposed), the day ends with no one being sent to the principal's office.

RECESS MONDAY JUNE 12, 4PM GMT+1
Captain Ragian

Postby DukeHazzard on Sat Jun 10, 2023 9:29 am

Ragian wrote:Vote count

1 Darin (Max)
2 i-Andrei (Darin, extreme)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

With 11 players, it takes 6 votes to be sent to the principal's office. If there is no majority vote by the end of the day (deadline imposed), the day ends with no one being sent to the principal's office.

uhmm?

I love how you dealt with Raz btw :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class DukeHazzard

Location: behind you, ya you Jonah.. tired of your cunty shit!

Postby Ragian on Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:23 am

Duke gets a star for being an attentive student.

Vote count

1 Darin (Max)
1 i-Andrei (extreme)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

Captain Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:19 pm

Am sick. Concentration bad. Don't have any leads that feel worth following.

Vote No Lynch

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Extreme Ways on Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:58 am

Unvote Vote No Lynch
General Extreme Ways

Postby Ragian on Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:11 am

Vote count

5 No lynch (Pixar, Duke, Darin, Strike, Extreme) You are one vote away from ending D1 prematurely
1 Darin (Max)
1 extreme (i-Andrei)

Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives