Conquer Club

NCIS Mafia: Mafia Win!!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: NCIS Mafia [9/16] Day 4: A Leader Lost

Postby crazymilkshake5 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 6:57 am

:cry: go town!
highscore
Major crazymilkshake5

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:05 am

new guy1 wrote:Also (just because this thought came to my head), maybe to prevent a claim if we want one, the player who is the vig and took a shot last night should have a chance to claim so that the roleblocker doesnt have to claim, only the vig. Just a thought since both of those are pretty powerful and so it would be better for only one person to claim. This is if we even want either of them out in the open, and is just a thought that I came up with before bedtime.

CMS5 was the role blocker unless Town would have two, which I doubt. Maybe there is but it seems it would screw game play up to much especially against Town.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:18 am

I think both Isaiah and I need to give our night actions from last night so we can try to make sense out of the scene.

I investigated CM5 and got "innocent" however I think there was a busdrive (gibbs arriving in the car??). At least I know I'm not paranoid, maybe just insane.
Sergeant 1st Class thechuck51

Postby jonty125 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 pm

thechuck51 wrote:innocent" however I think there was a busdrive (gibbs arriving in the car??)

It almost seems to be a mafia busdriver, from my reading. Shuts the door and does nothing to help Gibbs.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:23 pm

jonty125 wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:innocent" however I think there was a busdrive (gibbs arriving in the car??)

It almost seems to be a mafia busdriver, from my reading. Shuts the door and does nothing to help Gibbs.

I don't know. "Mafia Busdriver" is the bigfoot (or skunk ape or sasquatch if you prefer) of this forum. Everybody thinks that one exists but nobody has ever seen one! :D

I think the person in the diner was bussed with Cm5 and is who i got an innocent result on. If I am insane (which if there is a busdriver who knows what i am) then he is mafia.

A second mafia would be whoever killed CM5. This doesnt mean mafia busdriver since they could have anticipated a bus drive and gotten lucky by targeting another player. I tried this twice as scum in Matrix Mafia, it didnt work and we killed a VT the second time we hit the jackpot and killed Neo.

Now that I think of it, they had no guarantee that there was a busdriver so this may not be accurate.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:51 pm

thechuck51 wrote:I think both Isaiah and I need to give our night actions from last night so we can try to make sense out of the scene.

I investigated CM5 and got "innocent" however I think there was a busdrive (gibbs arriving in the car??). At least I know I'm not paranoid, maybe just insane.

You got an innocent on CM5 who we know was innocent.

You are not paranoid. The question is are you insane?

If you are insane and there is a bus driver the bus drive had to be with mafia, which would be the only way to get an innocent result.

What confuses me is that if CM5 was bus driven with mafia, then the mafia player would have had to be targeted to kill CM5, which doesn't make sense.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby edocsil on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:15 pm

thechuck51 wrote:
jonty125 wrote:

I don't know. "Mafia Busdriver" is the bigfoot (or skunk ape or sasquatch if you prefer) of this forum. Everybody thinks that one exists but nobody has ever seen one! :D

I think the person in the diner was bussed with Cm5 and is who i got an innocent result on. If I am insane (which if there is a busdriver who knows what i am) then he is mafia.

A second mafia would be whoever killed CM5. This doesnt mean mafia busdriver since they could have anticipated a bus drive and gotten lucky by targeting another player. I tried this twice as scum in Matrix Mafia, it didnt work and we killed a VT the second time we hit the jackpot and killed Neo.

Now that I think of it, they had no guarantee that there was a busdriver so this may not be accurate.

I have seen many scum busdrivers. I don't see why you would assume one cannot be here.
Edoc'sil

Commander9 wrote:Trust Edoc, as I know he's VERY good.

zimmah wrote:Mind like a brick.
Sergeant 1st Class edocsil

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:29 pm

edocsil wrote:I have seen many scum busdrivers. I don't see why you would assume one cannot be here.

really just a joke. i have no way of knowing its just every game one gets mentioned but I've yet to see one.

Postby thechuck51 on Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:46 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
thechuck51 wrote:I think both Isaiah and I need to give our night actions from last night so we can try to make sense out of the scene.

You got an innocent on CM5 who we know was innocent.

You are not paranoid. The question is are you insane?

If you are insane and there is a bus driver the bus drive had to be with mafia, which would be the only way to get an innocent result.

What confuses me is that if CM5 was bus driven with mafia, then the mafia player would have had to be targeted to kill CM5, which doesn't make sense.

A mafia busdriver could have bussed himself and CM5 then targeted himself for the kill which would result in CM5 dying. this sort makes sense with the driver of the car killing CM5. Isaiah would have had to target somebody other than CM5 (the same person targeted by the viiglante who was blocked by CM5?)

I must offer a mea culpa to edoc as I am starting to believe that a mafia busdriver is present

Postby edocsil on Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Yeah, it is starting to look increasingly like that. It has been present at too many deaths so far to be a coincidence.
Edoc'sil

Postby safariguy5 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:20 am

Although if the busdriver is mafia and switched himself with cm5, that's not going to help us because the busdriver would have no reason to come forward and identify himself. I'm not sure that we can assume the busdriver is mafia simply from flavor spec. I mean, where else has a busdriver popped up in a scene besides this one?
Captain safariguy5

Postby strike wolf on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Sorry I've been sick the last couple of days so haven't been on much. I'll try to get back into this later.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:17 pm

Well considering I chose to protect CM5 again, there must be a busdriver.
Lieutenant isaiah40

NCIS Mafia [9/16] Day 4: A Leader Lost

Postby chapcrap on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Day 4: First Official Vote Count:

edocsil:
Iron Butterfly:
isaiah40:
jonty125:
Mr. Squirrel:
new guy1:
safariguy5:
strike wolf:
thechuck51:

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline in about 200 hours.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Mr. Squirrel on Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:18 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Well considering I chose to protect CM5 again, there must be a busdriver.

Well, thats definitive. Since I highly doubt mafia has two roleblockers. Now we know what to look out for.
pmchugh wrote:If I wasn't lazy, I would sig that :lol:
Lieutenant Mr. Squirrel

Postby thechuck51 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:26 am

crazymilkshake5 wrote:Last night, I blocked Night Strike.

I also FOS edocsil about the "Lynch the rookies". sounds like he just wants to end the day. maybe take heat off of a lead that we have?

I was re-reading and came across this from yesterday. There was no mafia kill night 2 and strike wolf was blocked night 2 so unless anybody has anything better to go off of I will vote strike wolf

Postby edocsil on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:30 am

thechuck51 wrote:
crazymilkshake5 wrote:Last night, I blocked Night Strike.

I also FOS edocsil about the "Lynch the rookies". sounds like he just wants to end the day. maybe take heat off of a lead that we have?

I was re-reading and came across this from yesterday. There was no mafia kill night 2 and strike wolf was blocked night 2 so unless anybody has anything better to go off of I will vote strike wolf

With the bodyguard, scene flavors, bus drivers, and other protective roles this seems a little shaky. not sure I have something better to offer however.

Hey, maybe we can lynch the next newest guy and we get lucky twice :D
Edoc'sil

Postby safariguy5 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:36 pm

The problem is that scene flavor didn't indicate any protection or roleblock that negated a night kill. So I'm not sure that we can make the argument that strike is the killer. All the same, the Sig Sauer killer is still not clear in my mind whether they are vig or SKer. Seriously, how are they picking their targets? Put names in a hat and draw one out??
Captain safariguy5

Postby edocsil on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:52 pm

safariguy5 wrote:The problem is that scene flavor didn't indicate any protection or roleblock that negated a night kill. So I'm not sure that we can make the argument that strike is the killer. All the same, the Sig Sauer killer is still not clear in my mind whether they are vig or SKer. Seriously, how are they picking their targets? Put names in a hat and draw one out??

That's what it seems like honestly. The targets are not making sense. Not high profile kills like a SK would (I don't think he killed in last scene), but the randomness with early days makes little sense with a vig. I think we may be dealing with a more complicated role than something so simple. Perhaps someone with a particular vendetta rather then town/scum, and perhaps abilities or restrictions beyond a simple kill.

Anyhow, I am reading the last day or two to see if I can get some insight, and bring something more than flavor to the table.
Edoc'sil

Postby edocsil on Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Vote Mr. S

So a few things. Yesterday my "Noob Lynch" was considered scummy as shit, and largely with good reason. However I think good has come of it due to the fact that we did in fact hang scum. I am of the opinion that someone tried to push the wagon back towards me in order to keep the scum numbers up, and when I flipped non scum they could have an easy escape rout with which to explain their actions. Both Jonty and Mr. S resisted the hanging of Happy, but Jonty less so of the two, and I cannot make a legitimate case against him.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:
edocsil wrote:If we don't get anything going here I am going to advocate lynch the rookies. I should have some time to read tonight to see if I can find something better, but I will place a vote one way or another tonight.

Lynch the rookies? Really? That's a terrible idea. Just because someone is new doesn't mean they're scum. And what if we have a mafia full of experienced players? Then we are essentially helping them win. Major FOS to you and new guy (who agreed with you).

Now, I could understand lynching the inactives (such as happyfeet), but that is drastically different from "lynching the rookies".

This was an easy position to take advantage of, but also keeps his hands moderately clear of both the case against me, and the defense of Happy. It was a good way to test the waters to see if any traction could be made against me.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:I think you missed the part in edocsil's post where he asked for a claim.

Now here he is coaching his scum partner into an attempt to keeping himself alive. Honestly, if Happy would have claimed some halfway decent power role instead of voting me (and following Mr. S's lead in that vote) I think the case would have crumbled in the final hours.

Mr. Squirrel wrote:Honestly, unless he has an absolutely perfect claim with proof of his innocence, I want to see him lynched now. His lack of a claim makes me think that he doesn't have one to give.

Does anyone know if chap usually gives fakeclaims to scum?

Here he washes his hands of a ally that is sure to be a liability if he doesn't remove himself. He does this at the same time as he questions the existence of fakes. This is a transparent attempt to imply that he could not possibly be scum. I have the pair to say that scum have fakes. They must, it's the only prevention to a mass claim. To really even imply otherwise would really be mocking Chap's ability to mod a game, especially for a flavor game like this.

In short, Mr. S worked too hard to defend Happy when he thought he could still get away with it, and I am calling him out for it.
Edoc'sil

Postby new guy1 on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Well, out of the two cases I think edoc has the most evidence and the case appeals to me the most as I supported the lynching of Happy, and so it would only make sense that since Mr. S defended him, he would be the next candidate (since nothing else has presented itself). I think if Mr. S is able to knock the case on him out then other candidates would either be Strike, or if someone else comes up with something on him, Edoc (since I havent found anything but someone else might). Before I vote though I will make another read through tonight.
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:29 pm

I think its a solid case for pressure.Vote Mr S
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:12 pm

I like the case on Mr. S and I'm still suspicious of him from the day 2 comment I mentioned so I'm willing to follow this. Vote Mr. S

I don't necessarily trust edoc either but the case on him seems much weaker. other than that, the only person who sticks out to me is Safariguy because I feel he's playing it a bit safe but...that makes a pretty weak case and isn't completely against his usual M.O.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby new guy1 on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:28 pm

After re-reading today and the end of Day 3, I think I am comfortable with voting Mr. S, as he is the best candidate (IMO) and we need to do something today. So Vote Mr. S
Sergeant new guy1

Postby Iron Butterfly on Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:40 pm

unvote Mr.squirl

It takes 5 to lynch and Newguy put him at L1. At this point in the game we don't need, "I didnt know he was at L1" accidents.
Captain Iron Butterfly

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives