Conquer Club

Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Gallia (Town) Victory!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 1

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 02, 2013 12:55 pm

OK, it seems last time I didn't make my case clear on edocsil.

edocsil wrote:
Anarkistsdream wrote:
edocsil wrote:Hell, half of America won't post between now and Sunday.

Exactly... It is a national holiday here, and it isn't as if Flores was ignorant of that fact....

Vote: Flores

unvote Vote anark

Few reasons.

1. He is voting in red, red doesn't count, ergo either his vote is not serious, or he is not paying attention, or he doesn't intend to actually lynch flores.

2. I don't understand why he would vote for her in the first place, her wanting a replacement was unrealistic, not scummy.

In short, Anarks vote didn't make sense, so I'm voting for him.

Nark votes Flores, based on being ignorant of the fact that it's Thanksgiving in the US. AS A JOKE! Edoc, then legit votes Nark, based on two reasons. Reason number 1, his vote is not serious, because it is in RED. Seriously, edoc, most mods, will count a red vote, bolded or not (personally I prefer bolded, but my games always seem to be slow, so the bolding is often not necessary). To be honest, for reason number 2, I think you missed the whole joke concept, and likewise in your summary. So in my summary, you've placed a weak vote on Nark, this is scummy, because you could be a lyncher, or trying to start a wagon on a safe target (WIFOM I agree), skimming (which I doubt because a) you quoted and b) a player of calibre doesn't skim - don't let that go to your head) All of this is pretty weak, granted but it is D1.

But wait, the case grows. We have since quite clearly established that Nark's vote was a jokevote, but you still maintain your stance by not unvoting, Which is scummy because, as a town player, you would drop the vote as a misunderstanding between yourself and Nark but you haven't so there must be an anterior motive. Which, granted, is not definitely scummy, but doesn't paint you in a good light.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
Cook jonty125

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Day 2: Shots Fired

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:02 pm

So the rebels have a big tank, and is that a VT equivalent who died?
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 5:09 am

I am Maurits von Borg - Politician, each night, I may buy a player's vote for the night, I have control over gregwolf's vote today.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:44 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:That still has not been explained and Jonty was not very chatty other then his claim.ing.

What else would you like?
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 11:39 am

Anarkistsdream wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:as per instructions
unvote, and vote anark
well looks like what jonty said was true

Sooooo, I am the one person who DOESN'T vote Jonty, and he decides to use gregwolfs vote on me???? WTF?

Just to prove, the ability, I can shift it later.

Iron Butterfly wrote:http://valkyria.wikia.com/wiki/Maurits_von_Borg]Why would the Prime Minister of Gallia refer to his own army members as "rebels"?

Because I'm a donkey and didn't understand the flavour, that Alice and W whatever are on my team.

gregwolf121 wrote:if you bought mine i never recieved the money

You don't get any money.

Iron Butterfly wrote:u to tell us why you stole someones vote night 1 if you have no idea who they are and why gregwolf?

What's the worst, that can happen to gregwolf because of this, I can even force him to vote who we wants.#

Question for you IB, why didn't you vote, in the stop been coy post. I hadn't posted in between that one and your vote?
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:08 am

new guy1 wrote:Okay, that probably makes no sense. Im trying to say that unless you were in the empire or a third party, you wouldn't have said that sentence about the rebels the way you did. Im not moving my vote.

Or I was clueless about flavour like I suggested?
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 3:06 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
new guy1 wrote:Okay, that probably makes no sense. Im trying to say that unless you were in the empire or a third party, you wouldn't have said that sentence about the rebels the way you did. Im not moving my vote.

Or I was clueless about flavour like I suggested?

unvote

LOL I just realized the irony of your situation by remembering your last two games you modded. On both games I got lynched because of the color scheme you created, which was different then how we normally play.. I made my observations and someone jumped on me saying if I were town I would know what color I was suppose to be. granted the situation is different but the mistake is the same in some regards.

True that, also, I'm returning to the modding scene soon.

On virus, it seems he was just wanting a claim from me, and I can see why he unvoted, after all, there was no "hard" evidence, to suggest I'm not who I say I am, but there is the speculation, of that vote manipulators are normally bad (which is true).
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:02 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:So why should we believe that you are town?

TBH, I'm survived this long, I am town, so I don't have problem with greg saying who we wants to vote, and then I tell the mod, to tell greg, to vote who greg said.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:51 pm

Nark, if it gets your pants in a twist, I'll move greg's vote.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:23 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:This just seems to trying to paint himself in good light "I haven't made him vote someone he doesn't want to, I must be good!". A mafia in your position would be doing the same, trying to appear good.

True that, but cannot I apply the same logic to say a town in my position would try to appear good ;)

Also I believe, virus is town, based on his claim.
Cook jonty125

Postby jonty125 on Thu Dec 19, 2013 4:24 am

I have no agenda against the princess. But I can sense my death this is landing on deaf ears.
Cook jonty125

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Still Time to Enlist (16/20)

Postby kratos644 on Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:14 am

Post again. Still want to play
Best Score: 2799, Best Rank: Colonel, Best Scoreboard Spot: 126
Funniest Game:Game 1675072
Sickest Game:Game 2975352
Major kratos644

Re: Valkyria Chronicles Mafia - Confirm Soldiers!

Postby kratos644 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:53 pm

Confirm
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:00 pm

vote fircoal because he already has 20,000 votes
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:29 am

Why are we still debating the replacement when the mod already said he was going to replace...?
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:55 pm

Vote Jonty as well. That should bring the vote up to 5. It only goes down by 1 today though so there isn't a whole lot of pressure just yet...
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:01 pm

gregwolf121 wrote:thats 7 votes, theres 18 alive, so right now jonty is around L-3, and since the number of votes required to lynch drops each day, i also say that we need to hear jonty's response before more people vote him.

Way to skim... Right now he's at L-10. Tomorrow he'll be at L-9 if no one else votes. There is no reason that he even needs to claim at the moment as a lynch is still far off into the future. That was why I put my vote on him as the case was far better than the day 1 case and he was no where close to being lynched yet. Some people do appear to have just jumped on the wagon willy nilly though.
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:32 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:
kratos644 wrote:
gregwolf121 wrote:thats 7 votes, theres 18 alive, so right now jonty is around L-3, and since the number of votes required to lynch drops each day, i also say that we need to hear jonty's response before more people vote him.

Way to skim... Right now he's at L-10. Tomorrow he'll be at L-9 if no one else votes. There is no reason that he even needs to claim at the moment as a lynch is still far off into the future. That was why I put my vote on him as the case was far better than the day 1 case and he was no where close to being lynched yet. Some people do appear to have just jumped on the wagon willy nilly though.

He needs to claim and knows he needs to claim. There is no way around it. Doing it sooner rather then later is in his best interest. If he does not claim by tommorrow evening midnight I will vote him.

I agree that it is definitely in his best interest, I was just pointing out that he still has a ways to go until he is actually lynched at the moment.
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:45 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
jonty125 wrote:I am Maurits von Borg - Politician, each night, I may buy a player's vote for the night, I have control over gregwolf's vote today.

Does anybody know enough of the story to know if this guy actually was on the Darcsen side, or if he was empire? For all I know, this could be a real claim, only changing the role from red to blue.....

Now, as I said.... Seven of you voted him far too quickly... I guarantee a few of you are empire sympathizers.

I agree with you on both accounts.
That doesn't sound like a role that screams town to me. The ability to control a players vote for a day can benefit town or mafia. It could also benefit a third party that needs to lynch a specific person.

As for the jumping on the band wagon, yes I realize I was also on it, I'm currently most suspicious of Virus for doing so as he didn't even question the claim but rather immediately unvoted. This tells me he didn't care who he voted and was just trying to potentially get a lynch through.

I'm still not convinced Jonty is town and for the moment that is where my vote will stay as a result.
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:06 pm

Anarkistsdream wrote:
safariguy5 wrote:I suppose that the vote stealer role is more likely to be town than mafia, and I would like jonty to confirm he has stolen the vote by using it on someone. What's more interesting to me is that jonty appears to have had his ability at the start instead of the ??? that seems to be more common. Does cast some doubt on alignment, I could see third party being given early abilities to offset the greater difficulty for them to win.

Wow... You will notice that both deaths have been recruits. Not everyone is in the army. There are politicians and generals and spies and all sorts of war related characters. The fact is, you have just ousted yourself to me in exactly the same way Jonty did.... MM explained the game mexhanics very well in the PM, ergo, you are eother a townie power role who already has his power too, or you are evil...

Vote: safariguy

Official vote count please.

This seems to be more incriminating than Jonty's. His was based more off of word flavor while this seems to be lack of knowledge from the role pms. While I still don't believe jonty is town I'm leaning more towards 3rd party so for now I will unvote vote safariguy5
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:07 am

gregwolf121 wrote:as per instructions
unvote, and vote anark
well looks like what jonty said was true

Like we've been saying though, his ability wasn't really being called into question. That would be a suicidal role to claim because proof could be asked to verify the validity of the role. It is the alignment of the role that is being questioned...
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:20 am

HotShot53 wrote:I didn't quite get what was scummy about safariguy's post, but since anark withdrew his vote I guess he was ok enough with the explanation.

Right now we have no other suspicions... so is it better to vote a likely third party (jonty), or some random person that will probably be town again? (Just because jonty colored his name blue doesn't mean it really should be blue... I agree with the others that his role sounds likely to be third party, maybe a survivor kind of role... normal politician that will sell out to either side as long as he stays in power)

Is it possible to nudge anyone who hasn't posted since the night? For all we know all the scum are hiding out and just waiting for us to lynch another town.

It was just misinterpreted it would appear. Anyway I do have one person that I am leaning more towards right now and that is Virus. The reason being the way he hopped on the Jonty wagon and then hopped right off without any questioning of the claim at all. Just because someone makes their claim blue doesn't mean they are town. Back to Virus though, the way he voted makes it appear that he doesn't care who gets lynched as long as he can get someone lynched. This is somewhat scummy and for now the best lead that we have it appears. We do have jonty who is likely 3rd party but clearly his ability was true so there isn't too much we have to worry about him at the moment. If we can't find a better target he would be a good lynch for the day, though. In the end, I'm going to go ahead and unvote vote Virus for reasons stated above.
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:35 pm

I guess this vote was missed earlier. I unvoted and changed to virus prior to both Flores and safari
kratos644 wrote:
HotShot53 wrote:I didn't quite get what was scummy about safariguy's post, but since anark withdrew his vote I guess he was ok enough with the explanation.

Right now we have no other suspicions... so is it better to vote a likely third party (jonty), or some random person that will probably be town again? (Just because jonty colored his name blue doesn't mean it really should be blue... I agree with the others that his role sounds likely to be third party, maybe a survivor kind of role... normal politician that will sell out to either side as long as he stays in power)

Is it possible to nudge anyone who hasn't posted since the night? For all we know all the scum are hiding out and just waiting for us to lynch another town.

It was just misinterpreted it would appear. Anyway I do have one person that I am leaning more towards right now and that is Virus. The reason being the way he hopped on the Jonty wagon and then hopped right off without any questioning of the claim at all. Just because someone makes their claim blue doesn't mean they are town. Back to Virus though, the way he voted makes it appear that he doesn't care who gets lynched as long as he can get someone lynched. This is somewhat scummy and for now the best lead that we have it appears. We do have jonty who is likely 3rd party but clearly his ability was true so there isn't too much we have to worry about him at the moment. If we can't find a better target he would be a good lynch for the day, though. In the end, I'm going to go ahead and unvote vote Virus for reasons stated above.
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Waiting on virus to fully claim before I decide whether or not to unvote.
Major kratos644

Postby kratos644 on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 pm

Fair enough, unvote. It looks like we're going with Jonty then? Are we ready to end the day or do we want to try and do a little further scum hunting first? It wouldn't be a bad idea to go ahead and end today now with a lynch of Jonty and use the night scene for discussion D3
Major kratos644

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives