Conquer Club

PYP~Mafia [05/21] end game

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 17:00 cc

Postby UltrasPlot on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:03 pm

jonty125 wrote:
jwiedlin wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Here's a thought that's just struck me, I believe someone has the extractor role and has targetted Ultra.

Either that or he claimed with no reason AND no pressure (very scummy).


I believe extractor forces a claim during the day, and Ultra claimed during the night.


You're right I thought Ultra claimed at the end of D2, but only read back it's the start of N2


So, Ultra, why you claim with no pressure?


I claim without pressure when it benefits town. Mafia is not gonna kill a jailkeeper when there are more valuable roles to off. Furthermore, that way if anyone without a night action needs to be saved, they can ask.
Sergeant 1st Class UltrasPlot
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 17:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:37 pm

UltrasPlot wrote:
mtamburini wrote:so I believe regardless of ultras alignment that I was targeted last night and was saved by him. This says nothing of his alignment because if he is on the scum team he can jail me then scum can put their kill power on me to frame me of being the sender of the kill. Which in all reality is stupid because if I was scum and I had this much attention on me it would be in my teams best interest to send someone else so that we get the kill to go through. Reasons I could've been targeted if ultra is town, the only thing that is logical is to throw scum on the people who were pushing on me so hard to try and get then lynches today, If that's the case I'd look into the people who were defending me cause they could be trying to buy town cred.


Either mafia is really stupid or this is a lie --- why nightkill the most scummy townie around? I think we can assume that we have another protective or roleblocking role.


Which part is stupid? Everything Ive said logically makes sense and each world contains a different set of unique individuals to be mafia. The hard part is trying to find the set of individuals in both worlds that are town or mafia to "confirm" them as one alignment or the other. After a massclaim this shoud be a lot easier to figure out who is lying.
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 17:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:39 pm

UltrasPlot wrote:
jonty125 wrote:
jwiedlin wrote:
jonty125 wrote:Here's a thought that's just struck me, I believe someone has the extractor role and has targetted Ultra.

Either that or he claimed with no reason AND no pressure (very scummy).


I believe extractor forces a claim during the day, and Ultra claimed during the night.


You're right I thought Ultra claimed at the end of D2, but only read back it's the start of N2


So, Ultra, why you claim with no pressure?


I claim without pressure when it benefits town. Mafia is not gonna kill a jailkeeper when there are more valuable roles to off. Furthermore, that way if anyone without a night action needs to be saved, they can ask.


Save me again.
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby StorrZerg on Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:18 pm

Day 4 starts

The invention for today is the muffin!
You wake to find gtr Dead

show


Day 4 Ends 10/21 17:00 cc
Image
Major StorrZerg
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: VA

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby UltrasPlot on Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:23 pm

So there was extractor, apparently. I propose a massclaim.
Sergeant 1st Class UltrasPlot
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:53 am

Gee thanks I've said that already ....
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby charm on Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:46 am

Ok Ultra and MTam if you want a mass claim, then you go first!

Oh wait, Ultra claims he is the Jailer and MTam states he is Cupid!

What I want to know is where is Mets?

Does anyone think Jonty is scummy?
MTam said he thought Jonty was town.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class charm
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm
Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby UltrasPlot on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:01 am

@Mtam: yes sure.

@charm: IDK about Jonty, haven't seen enough, but him getting on me for claiming is ehhhh
Sergeant 1st Class UltrasPlot
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:14 am

charm wrote:Ok Ultra and MTam if you want a mass claim, then you go first!

Oh wait, Ultra claims he is the Jailer and MTam states he is Cupid!

What I want to know is where is Mets?

Does anyone think Jonty is scummy?
MTam said he thought Jonty was town.


And you are?
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby dd515087 on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:55 pm

UltrasPlot wrote:So there was extractor, apparently. I propose a massclaim.

mtamburini wrote:Gee thanks I've said that already ....

I say no mass claim because we don't want mafia finding out who has our strongest roles. Very scummy of you 2 to propose that given everyone already knows both of your roles.
@mtam, also the fact that you picked Cupid with the 2nd pick? Its not a very useful for town and you ended up getting two of us killed (they probably didn't know the rule, but still)
Very scummy to me, I'm placing my vote on mtam for now. If we get a new lead I will change it, but I don't like the way you've been playing so far
Cook dd515087
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 3:32 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby charm on Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:21 pm

MTam, I am not going to tell you who I am and I hope everyone else doesn't tell either. We need as many possible power roles as we have to hunt down scum.

The only reason I have not placed a vote on you yet is because we know what you are which is worthless right now. I'd rather find scum and lynch you as a last ditch effort to avoid a no lynch! I still think you are a scummy cupid.
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class charm
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm
Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby Zivel on Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:45 pm

So only one death in the second night, it is safe to assume that Mafia only have on night kill, or are saving up their night kills for later in the game. With the numbers as they stand we could already be in trouble. That bomber could take out at least two town and if they have vig, then there is two more kills. That means that if they started with 5 mafia they can knock off about 4 of us just like that, and we are in mylo now. Of course this is worse case scenario but there are other options that are just as bad so we need to be very careful now, also the fact that there has only been one night death per night indicates that there is no mafia vig.

I will claim now as I think we need as much information out as possible going into what could be end game already. I am the witch. I have a one shot power that means that I get to see all who would die in the night and save one of them. I used it the first of the two nights we had back to back. JW was the only one up for death and so I saved him, that is why we had no night death that night. I am now basically vanilla.

I would consider him conf town now and are looking at those who are trying to build a case on him over the weak misunderstandings that happened around charms mistake about the double lynch. I am also very suspect of the way Mtam has played and at the moment is my strongest scum read mainly due to the fact that he lied about his role and such. Also this 'save me' bollocks in the night seems like a weak way to control towns power roles.

I dont like the fact that Ultra claimed during the night, he basically made his role null. Jailing Mtam was a waste and saying you were going to do it was even worse, he should of left Mtam out in the open so a town killer could of picked him off. Him claiming that for town cred feels scummy to me. Then he tells everyone he is jailing Streaker, again telling mafia who not to kill. Either silly town or scum.
User avatar
Sergeant Zivel
 
Posts: 292
Joined: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:49 am

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:31 pm

Zivel wrote:I will claim now as I think we need as much information out as possible going into what could be end game already. I am the witch. I have a one shot power that means that I get to see all who would die in the night and save one of them. I used it the first of the two nights we had back to back. JW was the only one up for death and so I saved him, that is why we had no night death that night. I am now basically vanilla.

...

I would consider him conf town now


You might consider him confirmed, but that doesn't necessarily work for the rest of us. This claim could easily just be scum lying about why there was no night kill, when in fact something like a role block happened on whoever their real target was. That being said, I do generally have a town read on JW. I just don't think your claim does anything to really help me on that front; it is only useful information if I am already leaning towards him being town, which I am.

I am also very suspect of the way Mtam has played and at the moment is my strongest scum read mainly due to the fact that he lied about his role and such. Also this 'save me' bollocks in the night seems like a weak way to control towns power roles.


mtam's scum level has remained high, but if he's Cupid then he can't be a high priority target right now because that means his role has fizzled out and we need to find their remaining PRs. I would recommend this as the default lynch.

I dont like the fact that Ultra claimed during the night, he basically made his role null. Jailing Mtam was a waste and saying you were going to do it was even worse, he should of left Mtam out in the open so a town killer could of picked him off. Him claiming that for town cred feels scummy to me. Then he tells everyone he is jailing Streaker, again telling mafia who not to kill. Either silly town or scum.


I agree with this, but honestly it felt more like just a bad play than a scummy move.
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax
 
Posts: 6720
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2007 11:01 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby Streaker on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:53 am

The claim on jailkeeper was unnecesarry.

I will go ahead on vote on Mtam. Still feel this should be the lynch for today.
Having 50/50 feelings on a mass claim. I'm generally against this, but with this few players left and only 1 mafia down, maybe it's the best course of action.
Captain Streaker
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:05 am

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby jwiedlin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:46 am

Zivel wrote: I am the witch. I have a one shot power that means that I get to see all who would die in the night and save one of them. I used it the first of the two nights we had back to back. JW was the only one up for death and so I saved him, that is why we had no night death that night. I am now basically vanilla.



Thanks for the save! I did not receive any confirmation saying that I was targeted, or saved.

Regardless, I am inclined to believe Zivel. There would be a number of scenarios which would involve a counter claim if he were lying.
User avatar
Captain jwiedlin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby charm on Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:36 am

Are we on Day 3 now?
When does it end?


Vote Zerg - I think we are all townies and he is playing a trick on us!!
User avatar
Corporal 1st Class charm
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:35 pm
Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby StorrZerg on Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:12 am

charm wrote:Are we on Day 3 now?
When does it end?


Vote Zerg - I think we are all townies and he is playing a trick on us!!



viewtopic.php?f=213&t=207109&p=4571205#p4571205

(scroll up)

fixing title of thread some reason it didn't update
Image
Major StorrZerg
 
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: VA

Re: PYP~Mafia [11/21] Day 4 ends 10/21 17:00 cc

Postby jonty125 on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 am

FOS Ultra I don't see how you claiming jailkeeper AND announcing your actions have helped town. You could have jailkept mtam N2 & N3, and not told us, on the chance mafia waste their roles on him, but because you said you were jailkeeping him, your night actions have become meaningless.
War doesn't determine who's right; it determines who's left.
User avatar
Cook jonty125
 
Posts: 279
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:48 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [11/21] Day 4 ends 10/21 17:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:10 am

With 11 alive and only 1 mafia dead a massclaim is sufficient today, if we started with 6 scum this is lylo not to mention there is a vote rigger out there somewhere. This would be a great opportunity to catch someone in a lie as we know that the vote rigger is almost certainly scum because they changed a vote off scum to town who claimed to get Kills role in the night.

That is why massclaim is important today to try and catch scum in a slip up. Posting your role and the night actions you took (if any) forces the scum team to make up a believable story to not get lynched.
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:11 am

dd515087 wrote:
UltrasPlot wrote:So there was extractor, apparently. I propose a massclaim.

mtamburini wrote:Gee thanks I've said that already ....

I say no mass claim because we don't want mafia finding out who has our strongest roles. Very scummy of you 2 to propose that given everyone already knows both of your roles.
@mtam, also the fact that you picked Cupid with the 2nd pick? Its not a very useful for town and you ended up getting two of us killed (they probably didn't know the rule, but still)
Very scummy to me, I'm placing my vote on mtam for now. If we get a new lead I will change it, but I don't like the way you've been playing so far


Thats a piss poor excuse, just because you dont like my play doesnt make me scum. Thats a cop out vote.
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [13/21] Night 3 ends 10/18 22:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:29 am

Streaker wrote:The claim on jailkeeper was unnecesarry.

I will go ahead on vote on Mtam. Still feel this should be the lynch for today.
Having 50/50 feelings on a mass claim. I'm generally against this, but with this few players left and only 1 mafia down, maybe it's the best course of action.


Yes best course of action
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [11/21] Day 4 ends 10/21 17:00 cc

Postby jwiedlin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:29 pm

vote dd515087

I ran a cop check today on dd515087, and he came back mafia.

I receive a muffin, which I ate (noms).

I was then informed that I have a cop check.

I used it on dd515087, and the result came back mafia.

Mafia trickery is still possible, but I can't ignore this lead.

dd, what say you?
User avatar
Captain jwiedlin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA

Re: PYP~Mafia [11/21] Day 4 ends 10/21 17:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:36 pm

jwiedlin wrote:vote dd515087

I ran a cop check today on dd515087, and he came back mafia.

I receive a muffin, which I ate (noms).

I was then informed that I have a cop check.

I used it on dd515087, and the result came back mafia.

Mafia trickery is still possible, but I can't ignore this lead.

dd, what say you?


IS this a serious claim?
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [11/21] Day 4 ends 10/21 17:00 cc

Postby mtamburini on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:38 pm

I need explanation for why you checked him over anyone else.
User avatar
Sergeant mtamburini
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: PYP~Mafia [11/21] Day 4 ends 10/21 17:00 cc

Postby jwiedlin on Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:45 pm

Yes, this is a serious claim. I'm claiming that the check I sent in showed dd515087 is mafia.

I wanted to check someone without a role claim. Ultimately, Strike Wolf's suspicion of dd, and SW's subsequent death made dd my choice for a role check. It was still a bit of a shot in the dark.

I have serious questions about Ultras, and still was a bit suspicious about mtam, but at least I knew their claimed roles.
User avatar
Captain jwiedlin
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 4:36 pm
Location: Sonoma County, CA

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users