Conquer Club

Double Fanucci Mafia (4/14) Endgame

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Double Fanucci Mafia (4/14) Endgame

Postby strike wolf on Thu May 28, 2015 10:17 pm

I have something of a rule on that from back when I was first introduced to Rodion as scum (who was obvious scum but somehow managed to get away with it). I call it the rule of stubbornness. If a person is stubborn enough and people aren't quick to the lynch, it barely matters how strong the evidence is against them, the lynch becomes more difficult because then people don't want to be bothered with arguing pages and pages of text just to get the lynch target out of the way (See Rodion day 2 in Terminator Mafia). However if an equally stubborn town player does step up (see me v. Rodion day 2 in Commander's [Unknown Mafia]), it forces the lynch as the only way to stop the massive text walls.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Army of GOD on Thu May 28, 2015 10:30 pm

I guess I was wrong about what the lynchers role is. Whooooops
mrswdk is a ho
Lieutenant Army of GOD

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu May 28, 2015 11:12 pm

strike wolf wrote:I have something of a rule on that from back when I was first introduced to Rodion as scum (who was obvious scum but somehow managed to get away with it). I call it the rule of stubbornness. If a person is stubborn enough and people aren't quick to the lynch, it barely matters how strong the evidence is against them, the lynch becomes more difficult because then people don't want to be bothered with arguing pages and pages of text just to get the lynch target out of the way (See Rodion day 2 in Terminator Mafia). However if an equally stubborn town player does step up (see me v. Rodion day 2 in Commander's [Unknown Mafia]), it forces the lynch as the only way to stop the massive text walls.

Kind of happened with me and PCM in the balance not included mafia. We had a pretty epic argument even though we were both town, as you know. But the longer I argued with him, the less I wanted to lynch him, even though he hadn't really convinced me he was any more townie than when we started.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri May 29, 2015 4:50 am

strike wolf wrote:I have something of a rule on that from back when I was first introduced to Rodion as scum (who was obvious scum but somehow managed to get away with it). I call it the rule of stubbornness. If a person is stubborn enough and people aren't quick to the lynch, it barely matters how strong the evidence is against them, the lynch becomes more difficult because then people don't want to be bothered with arguing pages and pages of text just to get the lynch target out of the way (See Rodion day 2 in Terminator Mafia). However if an equally stubborn town player does step up (see me v. Rodion day 2 in Commander's [Unknown Mafia]), it forces the lynch as the only way to stop the massive text walls.

you, me and Rodion in the unfinished battle of the bulge
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby strike wolf on Fri May 29, 2015 5:35 am

By the way, if you ever want to see bad town play, Terminator Mafia is probably a good reference.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby dd515087 on Fri May 29, 2015 8:13 pm

If we had bussed me N2 instead of AoG... Oh that would've changed the outcome so much.

@rishaed/IB what made you two read me as scum? Was my push on rish too much? I wanted to lynch NoS, but I figured nobody would want to go after the doc, although that is why we kept him alive so long (to lynch later)
Cook dd515087

Postby rishaed on Fri May 29, 2015 8:25 pm

dd515087 wrote:If we had bussed me N2 instead of AoG... Oh that would've changed the outcome so much.

@rishaed/IB what made you two read me as scum? Was my push on rish too much? I wanted to lynch NoS, but I figured nobody would want to go after the doc, although that is why we kept him alive so long (to lynch later)

Like I said. You were sheeping. A sheep basically follows the majorities reads without giving much input and is very quick to change votes based on the majorities opinion. A major thing that happened was near the end of the day where you said you liked my case on Mtamb, but voted for someone else (me i think :lol: ) in the same post. I made like a double/triple post off of that one, one of incredulity, another where i replaced your post with BAAA! (Sheep noise). Despite you protesting that you had your own reads, you weren't firm on any of them, which usually indicates a general desire to just lynch, but not a deep desire to find scum when you lynch (which is why its scummy).
aage wrote: Maybe you're right, but since we receive no handlebars from the mod I think we should get some ourselves.

Corporal 1st Class rishaed

Location: Somewhere in the Foundry forums looking for whats going on!

Postby StorrZerg on Fri May 29, 2015 8:28 pm

@dd5, only if you had bussed yourself with a town. Killing me would still have made Ib lynch you that day.
Major StorrZerg

Postby Iron Butterfly on Fri May 29, 2015 9:01 pm

dd515087 wrote:If we had bussed me N2 instead of AoG... Oh that would've changed the outcome so much.

Its one of those thing where you just know. It was a little bit of everything but not just one thing. Tome the icing on the cake was you kicking the lynched corpse by putting your unneeded hammer on for good measure.

[url=http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=341][img]http://i1025
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby dd515087 on Fri May 29, 2015 11:44 pm

Could've done better I guess. We (Mets and I) probably should've thrown AoG under the bus D2, I only wanted to do it if it was completely necessary, but I think it would've gone a long way in getting town cred, plus D2 seems to have been where I came off really scummy and screwed myself for the night.

StorrZerg wrote:@dd5, only if you had bussed yourself with a town. Killing me would still have made Ib lynch you that day.

I figured you would be a safer target because nobody else's actions would interfere.

Iron Butterfly wrote:

Its one of those thing where you just know. It was a little bit of everything but not just one thing. Tome the icing on the cake was you kicking the lynched corpse by putting your unneeded hammer on for good measure.

Is that really that much of a reason to believe I'm scum? I tried to seem like a frustrated townie when doing that. Maybe in the future I will stay away from hammering at all.
Cook dd515087

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat May 30, 2015 12:47 am

How others perceive you and how you believe you are perceived can be two different things with this game.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby strike wolf on Sat May 30, 2015 6:33 am

It was mostly lackluster reads that stood out to me about you in the game. AoG stuck out to me mostly because he normally tries to push the No Lynch idea day 1 and here he quickly dismissed umit as not going to work. Mets for me was mostly small things. Most notably him pushing safe and/or easy lynches. Actually I seem to have a decent grasp for when Mets is scum for some reason. I should have stuck with my gut instead of letting others who town read him persuade me to drop it. Storr was all about the extra kill n1 and slight differences between how he played here and in the HP mafia though I didnt really see most of those differences until I was already dead.

As far as MVP. I felt Rishaed played well though I think you have to give it to Virus as the most influential force for town in the late game. He was also pretty much the only player never seriously doubted as town at any point.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:26 pm

Iron Butterfly wins the premium. Runners-up include rishaed, virus and that mafia busdrive.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby virus90 on Wed Jun 03, 2015 1:16 am

Congrats IB ! :)
Major virus90

Postby NoSurvivors on Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Congrats IB. Right choice.
persianempire wrote:its when ur food goes bad... you get spoils
Colonel NoSurvivors

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:19 pm

This is the one I offered the premium for, yes?

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:This is the one I offered the premium for, yes?

Yes!
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Metsfanmax on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:41 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:This is the one I offered the premium for, yes?

Yes!

OK, IB, I will award the year of premium either to you or a designee of your choosing.

Postby Iron Butterfly on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:37 pm

Thanks guys.

I was just PMd.

Ill take the premium as I have not been gold in awhile. Much appreciated.

Captain Iron Butterfly

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives