Conquer Club

Alien: The Return - Alien wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Alien: The Return (5/8) D2

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:16 pm

Quick lynch really? Lol. Scummiest thing said all game. Anyone who takes two seconds to think about this should realize that whoever we lynch, if they flip town seals the game for cult. So yeah. It doesn't surprise me at all that Mudpuppy is the one suggesting this.

Vote Mudpuppy

Pika if you are town, I suggest changing your vote immediately before scum try to quick hammers me.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:14 pm

strike wolf wrote:Quick lynch really? Lol. Scummiest thing said all game. Anyone who takes two seconds to think about this should realize that whoever we lynch, if they flip town seals the game for cult.

Yeah, that nugget of info was established 12 days ago; we need to get the AQ today. The surest way to NOT get the AQ is to not lynch. With only two days to go to get two lynches in, we have strike calling for patience.... Pretty clear who is acting scummy.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:33 pm

strike wolf wrote:Quick lynch really? Lol. Scummiest thing said all game. Anyone who takes two seconds to think about this should realize that whoever we lynch, if they flip town seals the game for cult.

Yeah, that nugget of info was established 12 days ago; we need to get the AQ today. The surest way to NOT get the AQ is to not lynch. With only two days to go to get two lynches in, we have strike calling for patience.... Considering it's been 11 days since I stated I would vote with Pika, it's fairly ridiculous to try to categorize my vote as a quick lynch. Strike, trying to further delay a lynch this late in the day, is the one who is acting pro-alien.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 6:34 pm

Ooops... sorry for the multiple posts... guess I posted a partial response when trying to preview.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:08 pm

MudPuppy wrote:

Yeah, that nugget of info was established 12 days ago; we need to get the AQ today. The surest way to NOT get the AQ is to not lynch. With only two days to go to get two lynches in, we have strike calling for patience.... Pretty clear who is acting scummy.

I would say the guy who had to be prodded into actually explaining why he thought people were scummy and still only came up with reasons slightly better than Mitch thought so.

My point is the only one of you who has given me anything to actually answer in defense of myself was Hotshot who I answered and then he quickly pretended I never did. You lynch me now. I flip town and those extra two days you're talking about don't mean shit. I'm also not saying for him not to vote. I told him to change his vote. I'm just asking for two seconds for him to think it through with you trying to push it through before I even got a chance to defend myself despite this being lylo.

Fped by about 30 since I got up in the middle. I'm not going after you voting with Pika. I'm going at you calling directly for a "quick vote" aka hammer.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 pm

strike wolf wrote:I'm not going after you voting with Pika. I'm going at you calling directly for a "quick vote" aka hammer.

,,, and I'm going at you for trying to delay said hammer. We've been given 15 days to lynch two players... we've got two days left and you're arguing how a "quick vote" is a bad idea. Considering tomorrow is dad's day and it'll likely be slow (I'll be away a good bit of the day), we've got to act now. You've had plenty of time to make your case... now's the time to vote.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:43 pm

First of all, im fighting to prevent a mislynxh that will cost town the game. Second, tell me where I said not to vote in the last twenty four hours and I'll show you how you're lying.

I would ask Pika this. Who has actually been taking the hard road today? Me? Who had questioned you a little despite pretty universal opinion that you are telling the truth, reread day 1 to come to a different conclusion to why I found Mudpuppy scum? Or Mudpuppy who has pandered to your perceived towniness and repeatedly stated that Ragian and me are scum without giving much explanation most of the day?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:50 pm

Hopefully we are right and strike is the AQ or at the least a recruit... vote strike wolf
Major HotShot53

Postby strike wolf on Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Good game scum. You won because town believed the guy not using logic.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:15 am

So, who is it? Mudpuppy and hotshot?
Captain Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:51 am

Ragian wrote:So, who is it? Mudpuppy and hotshot?

I'm still leaning that way, yes.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby benga on Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:10 am

VOTE COUNT

Ragian
MudPuppy 1/strike
Pikanchion
HotShot53
strike wolf 3/pika,MP,HS

strike wolf - Science Officer - has been lynched
Sergeant benga

Re: Alien: The Return (4/8) N2

Postby strike wolf on Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:27 am

:P ;D

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am

vote mudpuppy
Captain Ragian

Postby benga on Mon Jun 19, 2017 12:29 pm

Day 2 ends we are now at N2, day ended at 11:00 my time, that was 8 and a half hours ago
Sergeant benga

Postby benga on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:25 am

The night brought more screams and one less human host for new Alien. The last remaining alive managed to send the distress signal before faliing victims of Alien Queen.

SUM UP
This one went not so good, not sure if that was cause of my added flavor or due to lack of participation. I will write up the idea behind and would love to hear some feedback.
Thanks to all who played!

I added a Company element to the game with 2 guards and company man, they were not able to communicate during the night and didn't know about each other
(like in movies where they send the whole crew but only the 'mastermind' knows the real goal of expedition).
They had win objective but only company man knew what the objective was. The objective was to kill AQ and send DNA speciment to Company.
The Company Man is the only one able to take speciment and has to live thru the day and night (long enough to extract it and send it).
Possible wins:
Science Crew
Alien
Science Crew & Company
Alien & Company

Other unrevealed information:
With locking up of the whole Science Crew, their Security Guard was left with no gun and was able to get it when the guards die.
During N1 AQ didn't not recruit and I was struggling to make the sub and not to reveal that I needed the sub for AQ.
Modkill was out of the question.

I was trying to add some flavor and also have some balance too.
Not sure how it worked. I am planning to keep this story alive based on each character actions during each game.
Comments?
Sergeant benga

Re: Alien: The Return (4/8) Alien wins!

Postby Samlen on Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:52 am

I watched the game a bit and while i like the idea of adding more unique roles into a cult game, I think you need a game larger than 8 players in order to do that. And the company man + his two guards definitely threw off pretty much everyone except those in the know, so I think it'd be best to reveal when there are roles like that. That or, similar to the first game, show a list of varying setups the game could be with those roles in some of them. Overall, the ideas are neat and should be explored/refined for the next game in the series :D
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:02 am

DAMN YOU DAKKY!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:00 am

Not knowing your own win condition certainly makes things harder and more chaotic, I doubt you would have seen either of the guards shooting night one if they had known that they need to keep their boss alive to win (I do understand why you did this however, as I see a day 1 "I am company" claim by all company members if they had known as unavoidable, making it way too easy for them). Perhaps a two person company team (that both know the win objective) accompanied by another vanilla townie would have been better.
Private Pikanchion

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:06 am

It certainly was a chaotic set-up, mostly because I didn't fathom a secondary town with a mayor like role and more security guards. I have to agree with folks that it should have been a little larger for the set up to work a little bit better. It was fun nonetheless despite being offed immediately.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:36 am

Too bad the AQ deadbeated & effectively led to a scumarining victory... Think I'll be a bit more willing to vote silent players going forward.

What ever happened to the 2nd lynch on D2? Didn't understand how that mechanic was supposed to work... but it didn't. Thought we'd either get more time or I woulda been lynched too with having the 2nd most votes???

I like the attempt at the company flavor. It doesn't make a lot of sense that we didn't know about each other but don't think that matters too much as we all wanted the AQ dead so no real change in our primary goal despite not knowing.... Thought I was alone despite my two faction theory. I misplayed my company man role as I should have immediately unvoted mitch and came to his defense when he claimed security officer even though I had strong doubts of his claim with his inability to pull the trigger... I was more concerned he was AQ.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby benga on Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:42 am

Days run a fixed amount of time, I have added extra days, but lynches needed to be within the allocated time.
Sergeant benga

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:55 am

benga wrote:Days run a fixed amount of time, I have added extra days, but lynches needed to be within the allocated time.

Ahh.. didn't realize the time was listed in Croatian time. I had assumed CC time and thought we had 'til later in the day.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby strike wolf on Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:48 am

Yeah. It was pretty much PoE but I knew Hotshot was queen. I was completely off on Mudpuppy but it's difficult to read someone as town when they are continually giving out misinformation and randomly yelling that one player is scum. Of course I was also convinced the game would immediately end with my death (I never thought that Benga would allow the queen to go a night without recruiting). Hotshot did a good job of making it look like he was scum hunting so I didn't think I had the momentum to get him lynched when the votes started falling on me.

Irony: the alien queen was the only one to post anything resembling a legitimate argument on why I was scum. Of course looking back, I didn't answer hotshot accusation as thoroughly as I thought I had so that's on me.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby HotShot53 on Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:58 am

I was glad the day ended when it did... if it continued and town considered why the game wasn't over yet with only 4 players left they would have realized the only explanation was no recruit night 1, which makes the absent player the AQ.

I had to make a good argument to convince pika to lynch you, or I get lynched... so I was highly motivated to make the argument. And I made sure i stressed it every time I posted... the more you read something the more it seems reasonable lol. Thankfully I had a somewhat reasonable argument to start with, since I didn't have much choice on who to go after, you and ragian were voting me no matter what and mud puppy wasn't, so pika was the only undecided vote so obviously I couldn't include him in the scum pair.
Major HotShot53

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives