Conquer Club

Noted Deliberate suiciding/throwing a game [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Deliberate suiciding/throwing a game [ka]

Postby torres44cm on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:54 am

Milo067 had no chance at the end of our game to win, so he deliberately suicided into me, to make sure yellow (deanof7) won. I had a set I cashed in the last rnd, which would give me the victory, cause yellow was first up in rnd 50 (50 rnd limit), so yellow had no way to take first at the end of his last turn as he was third in troop count and milo67b (green) was first in troop count at the end of rnd 49. but when he say I had cashed and was about to win, he threw the game to yellow

I've included the chat from the game for Mods review the flow on the chat leading up to the suicide

2016-09-01 12:43:14 - torres44cm: Well something funny seams to be going on here, do you guys have some kind of alliance cause yellow is not attacking green in NA, only a 3 at Mexicoa City and yellow doesnt attack green.
2016-09-02 11:22:35 - milo67: It's a Flat Rate game with a round limit. Aggressively attacking does nothing but lessen your chances of winning.
2016-09-02 11:23:18 - milo67: If we attack each other, we give you an advantage.
2016-09-03 02:12:50 - deanof7: Couldn't have put it better myself green
2016-09-14 09:54:34 - torres44cm: well based on the don't aggressively attack mode, this will be a win for green with 15 deploy each rnd, he wins automatically by just collecting cards and cashing
2016-09-14 14:06:41 - deanof7: Take Asia then and match him
2016-09-14 17:21:36 - milo67: You really gonna take advice from him?
2016-09-15 11:53:57 - torres44cm: Hey green your winning, so should I take advice from you
2016-09-15 12:20:20 - milo67: Well, from a credibility standpoint...
2016-09-15 15:09:39 - torres44cm: maybe I should consider asking deano17 for a temp alliance to level the game some or it will be doom for us
2016-09-16 03:41:45 - deanof7: I won't stop you from having Asia
2016-09-19 08:36:05 - torres44cm: Hey deanof7, you interested in a plan to level the game vs milo, if we don't try to thin him some, this is over in 11 rnds, this way we might have a chance for one of us to still win or at least try not ley him run a way with this one?
2016-09-19 11:52:14 - deanof7: Fine, what do you have in mind??
2016-09-20 07:13:08 - torres44cm: we could jointly jointly attack one of his stacks, not necessary to break bonus but to lower his troop count
2016-09-20 07:15:50 - torres44cm: if you agree Ill start next rnd
2016-09-20 12:47:22 - deanof7: Ok
2016-09-21 06:05:55 - torres44cm: ok did what I could
2016-09-21 17:00:22 - milo67: I mean, if it comes down to it, whichever one of you pisses me off the least will win
2016-09-23 16:35:48 - milo67: Yeah, looks like Deano will get the victory. Good game.
2016-09-24 23:20:53 - milo67: Now, it's anybody's game
2016-09-26 08:02:09 - milo67: f*ck, i read that wrong
2016-09-26 10:27:35 - torres44cm: you didn't read it wrong, you deliberately suicided into me to make sure yellow wins, total bs green, I'll be filing a complaint with the mods for this
2016-09-26 10:33:40 - torres44cm: based on your comments, you were going to make sure yellow wins, your the worse type of player there is suicidal is not good sportsmanship

Accused:

milo67

The accused are suspected of:
Other: deliberately suiciding, throwing the game>

Game number(s):

Game 16793632

Comments: This is one of the most obvious attempts to throw a game to make sure someone else wins by suiciding into another player, Dont know if anything can be done, but he should be warned for unsportsmanlike conduct and I'll foe him too. From milo67's ratings hes suicided before
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Re: Deliberate suiciding/throwing a game

Postby owenshooter on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:40 pm

torres44cm wrote:Waaa, Waaa, someone didn't play how i wanted them to play!!!

sorry, bro... things like this happen... he can choose to do whatever he wants with his troops, even if you don't agree with it...
sorry about your lil' butt and suck it up, cupcake...

CC Whiners Theme Song
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby milo67 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:49 pm

It was a move which would help me further down the line in the tourney.
Private 1st Class milo67

Postby king achilles on Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:37 pm

milo67 wrote:It was a move which would help me further down the line in the tourney.

Could you give additional info as to how preventing torres44cm from winning in that game helps you in the tournament?
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby milo67 on Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:12 pm

It prevented him from going to the next round. And, yes, that's a BS excuse. Here's what happened, all legit-like. It was down to three players, no escalating spoils, Classic map, mostly balanced. I'm ahead, but there's like 10-20 rounds out of 50 left. Torres concocts his little plan to chip away at my lead, and I respond with, "I mean, if it comes down to it, whichever one of you pisses me off the least will win". Which is true in a typical 3-person Mexican standoff. You can't do anything to guarantee a win, but you CAN guarantee someone loses. Anyway, fast forward to Round 50. (I am last to play each round) I deploy my troops and find I am 1 troop shy of a victory. Now, I have two choices. (A) End my turn and definitely lose, or (B) I can keep single assaulting, and, if I'm lucky, take more troops from than I lose and come away with a victory. So, that's what I start doing. 30 troops later I realize I put us both so far behind Deano that we both lost. Big deal. Doesn't matter anyway. It was one game, and nowhere in the rules, ever, has it ever said you cannot do that. If I serially followed him, and tanked all his games he MIGHT have a harassment complaint, but he doesn't. He can blacklist me and we can all move on. You should punish him for wasting your time.
Private 1st Class milo67

Postby Silly Knig-it on Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:32 am

milo67, didn't throw the game. He took the only play that gave him the possibility of a win. No matter how small that possibility, he should be taking it. To not take it is the cowardly thing. Those who complain about somebody suicided and took there win are the poor sports. It wasn't your win until you covered all the possibles. You didn't. You lost. And now you are whinning because someone went for a win. This whole suicide complex that people have is nuts. If there is a 1% chance of a win, a player should be going for it. Or we shouldn't be making movies about Spartans, the Japanese, the Alamo, the Charge of the Light Brigade. Or were they all suicidal quitters, who should be banned for poor sportsmanship.

milo67 did the right thing for the game he was in. This complaint is bogus.
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jfm10 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:32 am

This was a tournament not just a regular game.I am really interested in seeing how CC handles this before I play any tournaments.
Corporal jfm10

Postby milo67 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:01 am

Don't let this affect whether or not you join any of the tournaments, jfm10. They are a blast. Issues like this are few and far between.
Private 1st Class milo67

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:54 pm

jfm10 wrote:This was a tournament not just a regular game.I am really interested in seeing how CC handles this before I play any tournaments.

you should hang out in C&A more often. it has already been dealt with before. he made a move to move forward in the tournament, it is not against the rules. period. they set that precedent almost a year ago in a mega blockbuster case. you should use the forums more often. i don't even think you could punish someone in a regular game for suiciding into one player over the other for whatever reason they have in their heads... fact is, he did it to move on in the tournament, it worked, CC has ruled prior that this is not a rule violation. precedent was set. nothing to see here, move on... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

nothing to see here!! move on!!
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby eddie2 on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:29 pm

owenshooter wrote:
jfm10 wrote:This was a tournament not just a regular game.I am really interested in seeing how CC handles this before I play any tournaments.

you should hang out in C&A more often. it has already been dealt with before. he made a move to move forward in the tournament, it is not against the rules. period. they set that precedent almost a year ago in a mega blockbuster case. you should use the forums more often. i don't even think you could punish someone in a regular game for suiciding into one player over the other for whatever reason they have in their heads... fact is, he did it to move on in the tournament, it worked, CC has ruled prior that this is not a rule violation. precedent was set. nothing to see here, move on... the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

nothing to see here!! move on!!

Owen this ones not that. He seen torres as more dangerous than the others(making truces) so decided to take him out as he had already qualified. This is the good thing about auto tourneys. Lets u know game by game who u can eliminate that might be more dangerous later on.
Major eddie2

Postby owenshooter on Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:58 pm

eddie2 wrote:Owen this ones not that. He seen torres as more dangerous than the others(making truces) so decided to take him out as he had already qualified. This is the good thing about auto tourneys. Lets u know game by game who u can eliminate that might be more dangerous later on.

eddie, i was hoping you would pop up, because you are far better versed in this. so, it is still not against the rules, even if my understanding/statement is incorrect? basically, he improved his position in the tournament by what he did? correct? so what is the issue? anyway, you know more about this, since you were involved in that mega case!!! the black jesus takes a back seat to eddie, but i'm not in the back seat with eddie (i'm not THAT kind of jesus..)... the black jesus has spoken and is still right...-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Beast Of Burson on Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:25 pm

If the OP would have somehow won from this "suiciding", would he have complained?

I think not.

He would have just talked about "some dumb ass tried to suicide me and I won anyway". And there would be no complaint.
Cook Beast Of Burson

Postby torres44cm on Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:40 am

If the Mods say there is no violation, fine. But the issue is he had no chance of winning, and it being the last rnd, he suicided to ensure the player in 3rd position wins. since all our troop counts were so close, any attack milo did to me did not help himself, he stated his intend to make sure i didn't win as if he preferred player 3 to win. He also tried to say he didn't read it right, but he knew his actions would throw the game so player who had already played his last turn would win be default . there have been other complaints about throwing a game, so guess suiciding is ok, just throw good sportsmanship out the window. Milo had no benefit of improving his position in the tournament or winning this game, and he didn't eliminate me as someone mentioned, might as well close this complaint case, cause I'm just hearing excuses that poor sportsmanship is ok.
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby owenshooter on Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:26 am

torres44cm wrote:

no, what i think you are hearing is, people don't have to play how you want them to play.
how outrageous for someone to KAMIKAZE/SUICIDE into someone when they have no chance
at all to win!!! i mean, what about "good sportsmanship" in a game based upon war?!!! no
nation would ever do this sort of thing, when they had no chance of winning!!! for black
jesus' sake, YOU ARE RIGHT!!! LET'S BAN HIM!!!

oh.... um... um... ok... um, i'm not quite sure how to put the spin on this to fit into your
"good sportsmanship" in war argument... sorry!!! suck it up, cupcake!!! people do not play
how you plot them out to play!!!! the black jesus has spoken...-Jésus noir

suck it up, CUPCAKE!!!
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby Shannon Apple on Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:53 pm

Torres is completely within his rights to make a complaint if he believes something happened that goes against the spirit of the game. While the mods might decide that there is nothing to see here and tell them to foe each other, that is fine. They have to be consistent in these things.

There is absolutely no call for sad little trolls to keep posting and calling the OP a crybaby. That's part of what is wrong with this site and why it is dying. There is no respect for other users. Just go away and leave Torres alone, Owen, and quit being a bully.
00:33:53 ‹riskllama› will her and i ever hook up, LLT???
00:34:09 ‹LiveLoveTeach› You and Shannon?
00:34:20 ‹LiveLoveTeach› Bahahahahahaha
00:34:22 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I doubt it
00:34:30 ‹LiveLoveTeach› I don't think she's into farm animals
Brigadier Shannon Apple
Chatter
Chatter

Postby milo67 on Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:59 pm

torres44cm wrote:If the Mods say there is no violation, fine. But the issue is he had no chance of winning, and it being the last rnd, he suicided to ensure the player in 3rd position wins. since all our troop counts were so close, any attack milo did to me did not help himself, he stated his intend to make sure i didn't win as if he preferred player 3 to win. He also tried to say he didn't read it right, but he knew his actions would throw the game so player who had already played his last turn would win be default . there have been other complaints about throwing a game, so guess suiciding is ok, just throw good sportsmanship out the window. Milo had no benefit of improving his position in the tournament or winning this game, and he didn't eliminate me as someone mentioned, might as well close this complaint case, cause I'm just hearing excuses that poor sportsmanship is ok.

Read again, Champ. I deployed my troops and was one shy of victory. There is absolutely no rational reason you can give for me to just end my turn and not try to knock the leader down. Sure, there is only a 37% chance of success, but you know what? 37 is greater than 0. By at least 36. And 0% is what I would have had if I just ended my turn.
Private 1st Class milo67

Postby king achilles on Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Round limit games when it comes down to the last round and one attack can change who will be the victor, if that indeed happens, the game usually ends up being reported. I'm not a fan of cases like this. :x

As I said before, reports, no matter how similar they look like, are not always in black & white so we need to evaluate the situation before we make a decision.

If you have a chance to get a victory in that final round, why wouldn't you take it? Looking at the game, we are seeing 3 digit troops from the remaining 3 players. If that final round was the 49th round, should red, with 271 troops, or green, with 272 troops, just lay still on the final round and not take that chance to attack yellow? If that attack resulted in yellow and the attacker going down, should it be yellow's turn to report the attacker of game throwing? Is there a rule of thumb that once you know what it looks like in the 2nd-to-the-last round, and you're chances of winning is slim, should you just stand by in the final round and congratulate the 'expecting' winner or else you will be violating something and needs to be punished because you ruined someone's expected victory?

After reading both arguments, I would say that both sides have a justifiable reasoning but I will still note this report based from what was said:
milo67 wrote:It prevented him from going to the next round. And, yes, that's a BS excuse. Here's what happened, all legit-like. It was down to three players, no escalating spoils, Classic map, mostly balanced. I'm ahead, but there's like 10-20 rounds out of 50 left. Torres concocts his little plan to chip away at my lead, and I respond with, "I mean, if it comes down to it, whichever one of you pisses me off the least will win". Which is true in a typical 3-person Mexican standoff. You can't do anything to guarantee a win, but you CAN guarantee someone loses. Anyway, fast forward to Round 50. (I am last to play each round) I deploy my troops and find I am 1 troop shy of a victory. Now, I have two choices. (A) End my turn and definitely lose, or (B) I can keep single assaulting, and, if I'm lucky, take more troops from than I lose and come away with a victory. So, that's what I start doing. 30 troops later I realize I put us both so far behind Deano that we both lost. Big deal. Doesn't matter anyway. It was one game, and nowhere in the rules, ever, has it ever said you cannot do that. If I serially followed him, and tanked all his games he MIGHT have a harassment complaint, but he doesn't. He can blacklist me and we can all move on. You should punish him for wasting your time.
Corporal 1st Class king achilles
Support Admin
Support Admin

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:12 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Just go away and leave Torres alone, Owen, and quit being a bully.

is this an official response from team CC or just your usual "off the cuff" remark? i haven't said anything that hasn't been said before. and the user is indeed whining that someone played in a manner that they don't approve of. sorry about his little butt. the cupcake needs to suck it up. the black jesus has spoken, sorry if i offended the jr. mint momma bird...-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby clangfield on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:20 am

Shannon Apple wrote:Torres is completely within his rights to make a complaint if he believes something happened that goes against the spirit of the game. While the mods might decide that there is nothing to see here and tell them to foe each other, that is fine. They have to be consistent in these things.

There is absolutely no call for sad little trolls to keep posting and calling the OP a crybaby. That's part of what is wrong with this site and why it is dying. There is no respect for other users. Just go away and leave Torres alone, Owen, and quit being a bully.

+ 1 Googol

I don't even need to read the response to this, one can guarantee it will contain the same, tired old cliches, out of date references, machismo and egotism. So glad to have the foe list.
If someone's wrong, just explain why, don't insult them, and keep it respectful and relevant. It's really not that hard if you try, and the forum is a much more constructive and useful place for it.
Lieutenant clangfield

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 29, 2016 8:55 am

clangfield wrote:
Shannon Apple wrote:Torres is completely within his rights to make a complaint if he believes something happened that goes against the spirit of the game. While the mods might decide that there is nothing to see here and tell them to foe each other, that is fine. They have to be consistent in these things.

+ 1 Googol

I don't even need to read the response to this, one can guarantee it will contain the same, tired old cliches, out of date references, machismo and egotism. So glad to have the foe list.
If someone's wrong, just explain why, don't insult them, and keep it respectful and relevant. It's really not that hard if you try, and the forum is a much more constructive and useful place for it.

ahhh, yes.. your fictional foe'ing of me, which leads to your non-stop stalking/pm'ing of me... it was relevant... it was on point... the guy played in a manner that the OP/whiner did not like, it was not against the rules. just like kamikaze pilots weren't against the rules... he did what he did for a reason and it worked out for him... because others don't play how you like, doesn't make it wrong... now go back to my fan club meeting and go troll the GD some more... the black jesus has dismissed both you and the jr. mint...-Jésus noir

p.s.-still wondering if that was an official team CC response or a jr. mint just being a jr. mint... seems pretty unprofessional from the level of mod response we are used to receiving in this forum... the last great bastion of civility and rule on the site... long live EVIL and KING A!!!! (the other dudes, too... dudes encompasses all genders with the Bj...)...
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby milo67 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:25 am

king achilles wrote:Round limit games when it comes down to the last round and one attack can change who will be the victor, if that indeed happens, the game usually ends up being reported. I'm not a fan of cases like this. :x

As I said before, reports, no matter how similar they look like, are not always in black & white so we need to evaluate the situation before we make a decision.

If you have a chance to get a victory in that final round, why wouldn't you take it? Looking at the game, we are seeing 3 digit troops from the remaining 3 players. If that final round was the 49th round, should red, with 271 troops, or green, with 272 troops, just lay still on the final round and not take that chance to attack yellow? If that attack resulted in yellow and the attacker going down, should it be yellow's turn to report the attacker of game throwing? Is there a rule of thumb that once you know what it looks like in the 2nd-to-the-last round, and you're chances of winning is slim, should you just stand by in the final round and congratulate the 'expecting' winner or else you will be violating something and needs to be punished because you ruined someone's expected victory?

After reading both arguments, I would say that both sides have a justifiable reasoning but I will still note this report based from what was said:
milo67 wrote:It prevented him from going to the next round. And, yes, that's a BS excuse. Here's what happened, all legit-like. It was down to three players, no escalating spoils, Classic map, mostly balanced. I'm ahead, but there's like 10-20 rounds out of 50 left. Torres concocts his little plan to chip away at my lead, and I respond with, "I mean, if it comes down to it, whichever one of you pisses me off the least will win". Which is true in a typical 3-person Mexican standoff. You can't do anything to guarantee a win, but you CAN guarantee someone loses. Anyway, fast forward to Round 50. (I am last to play each round) I deploy my troops and find I am 1 troop shy of a victory. Now, I have two choices. (A) End my turn and definitely lose, or (B) I can keep single assaulting, and, if I'm lucky, take more troops from than I lose and come away with a victory. So, that's what I start doing. 30 troops later I realize I put us both so far behind Deano that we both lost. Big deal. Doesn't matter anyway. It was one game, and nowhere in the rules, ever, has it ever said you cannot do that. If I serially followed him, and tanked all his games he MIGHT have a harassment complaint, but he doesn't. He can blacklist me and we can all move on. You should punish him for wasting your time.

My response stated above, its two=part.
First, the part which ends with what you outlined in Blue, was an admission that I did say that. I know it implies a pending suicide, but, it was not a promise.
Second, the second part, is actually what transpired in the final round. I deployed and found I was one troops shy. Knowing there's a 35% of the defender losing two, in a 3v2 attack, I assaulted. 1-1. Now I'm down by 2. Assaults continued, down by 1, by 3, by 5, by 3, by 2, by 4, and so and so on.

What I'm really confused about is how someone having a few thousand games under his belt can act like this is the first time he's ever seen this.
Private 1st Class milo67

Postby owenshooter on Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:43 pm

milo67 wrote:
king achilles wrote:(a whole bunch of this)

My response stated above, its two=part.
First, the part which ends with what you outlined in Blue, was an admission that I did say that. I know it implies a pending suicide, but, it was not a promise.
Second, the second part, is actually what transpired in the final round. I deployed and found I was one troops shy. Knowing there's a 35% of the defender losing two, in a 3v2 attack, I assaulted. 1-1. Now I'm down by 2. Assaults continued, down by 1, by 3, by 5, by 3, by 2, by 4, and so and so on.

What I'm really confused about is how someone having a few thousand games under his belt can act like this is the first time he's ever seen this.

milo, you got noted... you are going to be ok... it is moved to closed, so don't waste your breath... you did what you thought was best for you and i don't think the OP even had a valid complaint... i agree with you, how could he have never seen this before... the cupcake needs to suck it up and thank you for the lesson!!! have a great day!! King A didn't dismiss your argument, he said it had merit... you both made valid points... he is just cutting the OP's baby in half and handing it back to both of you (i hope someone gets that, aside from NightStrike)... the black jesus loves you...-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Re: Deliberate suiciding/throwing a game [ka]

Postby milo67 on Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:08 pm

We all love the Black Jesus. And King A. Even though I've only played one game against him in 9 years.
Private 1st Class milo67

Return to Closed C&A Reports