Conquer Club

Closed spamming alot of preemies inboxes

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

spamming alot of preemies inboxes

Postby TimWoodbury on Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:51 am

the past 2 days there has been a spamm PM going around, and id like to report everyone thats spamming my inbox.

http://prntscr.com/cvugg3

this is after deleating like 20 yesterday.
Cook TimWoodbury

Re: spamming alot of preemies inboxes

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:31 am

TimWoodbury wrote:the past 2 days there has been a spamm PM going around, and id like to report everyone thats spamming my inbox.

http://prntscr.com/cvugg3

this is after deleating like 20 yesterday.

yeah... that happens all the time... it is annoying... someone fires off a PM to all the users in their known universe and as each member replies, they are not smart enough to not reply to all, and this is what happens. it used to happen a LOT with a certain member sending out private games for ranked players. it happened a LOT with a few large tournaments. and apparently, this user is so fired up by the charges for gifting premium, that he fired off one of those emails. astounding, since this has been going on for 2 years and there have been multiple threads. you can find his outrage here:

Subject: Store Gifting a Membership RipOff

anyway, it hasn't happened in so long, i'm not even sure what the punishment was. i believe it was a sound/firm warning about this type of reckless PM'ing or you got a subscription the CC Newsletter (wait, please don't bring up that horror story!!)... however, i don't think it falls into the category of "SPAM," if i remember correctly, but he should get a stern warning. Good luck with this!! i know how annoying it can be. when you pop open your box and it is literally full of crap like this that you don't want to wade through, it is a pain to delete it all... have a good one!!!-Bj

don't think it falls under spam. more like an annoyance.
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
makes it ever so much more erotically thrilling"
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby sniffie on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:54 pm

Well this one is new for me, looking into it.

sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:57 pm

sniffie wrote:Well this one is new for me, looking into it.

sniff

there should be a handful of cases involving the sorts of things i described. i think the most someone got was a warning... not sure if anyone lost their PM abilities. interested to see how this ends, as it has been a few years...-Bj
Thorthoth,"Cloaking one's C&A fetish with moral authority and righteous indignation
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby BIG_John on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:01 pm

What is annoying about it people ask them to stop replying to all and they keep posting just because they said to stop. Wish there was a way to block the damn thing or get my name removed from the list.
Colonel BIG_John

Postby IcePack on Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:45 pm

I remember there was a case a few years back where a huge # of people included and what was extra annoying was 1/2 the people were replying to all saying stop replying to all :/

I believe there was a C&A mod included or somehow had essentially had to say next response gets punished type thing in order to shut it down :/ super annoying

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby eddie2 on Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:15 pm

BIG_John wrote:What is annoying about it people ask them to stop replying to all and they keep posting just because they said to stop. Wish there was a way to block the damn thing or get my name removed from the list.

There is u find the original sender ask them to remove u from mailing list if they do not you for and report them.

As for sniffles comment what can you do about this 1 person sends a message to a group each individual responds "hitting to sender and all recipients " which by the way the heading of the pm makes it sound like a conversation pm which every person will respond the way they have.

Owen the person who used to do it was a leader of the plus (certain point amount) user group and he used to pm everyone problem was he was a member of 3 of them. And used to send messages to everyone even players whose points were below the games u could join.
Lieutenant eddie2

Postby owenshooter on Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:25 pm

IcePack wrote:I remember there was a case a few years back where a huge # of people included and what was extra annoying was 1/2 the people were replying to all saying stop replying to all :/

I believe there was a C&A mod included or somehow had essentially had to say next response gets punished type thing in order to shut it down :/ super annoying

yes!!! i am glad i am not the only one that remembers this!!!-Bj
Lieutenant owenshooter

Postby sniffie on Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:47 am

Closed it for now, if it happens again i'll issue a warning.

Sniff
Corporal 1st Class sniffie

Postby BoganGod on Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:04 pm

BIG_John wrote:What is annoying about it people ask them to stop replying to all and they keep posting just because they said to stop. Wish there was a way to block the damn thing or get my name removed from the list.

The powers of the inbox, someone sends annoying mail. Foe them, set up your inbox so messages from foes are auto binned. Problem over
Corporal BoganGod

Return to Closed C&A Reports