Conquer Club

Closed risklover80 - deadbeating. [ka]

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Re: risklover80 - deadbeating. [ka]

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:20 am

elfish_lad wrote:Huh. Makes sense. Didn’t see it coming. But makes sense.

However, my only caveat here would be, not with regard to this risky80 person who has always done this, and should never be welcomed back, well, sigh, unless they pay, which, sigh, if they do and are welcomed back, I, well, understand, is this: the resign option, although a very possible multi/buddy/want to do a “JefJef like melt down”and punish the CC World, cheat option... sucks.

It’s not super helpful as presented atm.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby iAmCaffeine on Wed Aug 08, 2018 2:49 am

Imagine website banning someone for missing turns but doing nothing to moderators who leak info to their clan buddies and friends.

Yikes.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby serialkiller74 on Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:11 am

CC just got better this morning!
Cook serialkiller74

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:39 pm

serialkiller74 wrote:CC just got better this morning!

Agreed.

E.
Major elfish_lad

Postby KraphtOne on Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:46 pm

I foed the guy for it... sounds weird but it was insanely annoying that he would deadbeat immediately after a bad turn... this place sucks
Look on my works ye mighty and despair...
Major KraphtOne

Postby Symmetry on Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:28 am

Mad777 wrote:
shoop76 wrote:
Mad777 wrote:
Symmetry wrote:
Mad777 wrote:Sym, what about you let the accused to post his story?

....and looking at the accused amount of speed game he has played (4000+) he should know better, versus you who played only 6...lmao

Kid, I get why you want to make this personal- you don't really have any strong arguments. Let's leave it at that, ok? You can find me on the OT forums if you feel the need to reply.

I was trying to avoid bringing your poor argument down using “phone call” excuse....dude...this guys played 5000+ with an attendance rating of 91%, is this ring the bell into your brain?
Not being a king in statistics I can still understand by seeing those few number above that 91% make it all to counter your position.

Let’s say his average round to finish a game to be 7-8, I will take 8 in this case...then you multiply by 5000+ games, makes 40,000+ rounds in 2.5 years, using his current attendance of 91% makes roughly 400 missing turns!

So based on your argument you think this claim has no value and the OP mention a little isolated incident? :-s

“....that is a lot of phone call...unless he is playing CC while being a trader then I can see easily he is deadbeating...you can also spend sometime picking various older game he has finished and found him missing the last turning while he was losing...”

Thoughts?

(Note: Kid? lol...I hope you are not older than me, because your ignorance is just higher than I thought with this case...not sure why you bring the “personal” thing into here...i guess you know already you are wrong)

According to your match it should be almost 4000 missed turns.

correct, i missed a "0"...typo, not intentional.

If you put this number on a daily basis, it's more than 4 daily within a 31 months period...

This is the kind of hard evidence that gets results.
the world is in greater peril from those who tolerate or encourage evil than from those who actually commit it- Albert Einstein
Sergeant Symmetry

Postby hairypies on Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:52 pm

I would also like to put in a complaint about this loser, he deadbeats every-time he knows he's losing, he should be banned.
I have 4 games with him now for some reason, he is quick to play the one game he's winning, but has deadbeat the other games he's losing,
he obviously has an inferiority complex.
Get rid of the scum
Lieutenant hairypies

Postby iAmCaffeine on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:43 pm

You should read the thread mate.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Aug 21, 2018 7:56 am

See... here’s the only problem I have with this decision thus far...

I recently, in a fit of generousity and, well, perhaps stupidity... deleted my foe list. It was ancient. Older than me even. And suddenly I remembered this: risklover80 was only the tip of the stall dead beat spear.

It would be nice, rather that have to drag every. Single. Offender. Ever. With every game as proof here... If there would be an auto bot system that shut you down for 24 hours if you’ve dead beated in 20 games. Happens 3 times? Out. Thanks for your premium money but you’re done. For IP ever. Cuz we care about standards and shit.

Yeah. I know.

I also like to wish upon a star...
Major elfish_lad

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:00 pm

CC: We’ve built a highway for you to quit games faster! Look a fancy resign button!

Also CC: How dare you quit games the wrong way!!! Banned forever!

:roll:

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:10 pm

Well then ice, why ban anyone at all for dead beating?
Major elfish_lad

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:24 pm

elfish_lad wrote:Well then ice, why ban anyone at all for dead beating?

That’s kinda my point...if you’re going to allow sanctioned quitting then why the hell is deadbeating bad? Just cuz it takes longer? Then it should only matter if it’s vs someone freemium, otherwise they got 24 hours to play or miss and perma banning someone for something that’s essentially allowed is pretty damn stupid.

Either quitting and the scoreboard are important enough to “protect” or quitting / resigning is ok and shouldn’t be punished. Not both.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Clearly you’re not a speeder. The feature is pointless (for the most part) there.
Major elfish_lad

Postby IcePack on Tue Aug 21, 2018 6:30 pm

elfish_lad wrote:Clearly you’re not a speeder. The feature is pointless (for the most part) there.

Whether I’m a speeder or not is besides the point. How effective the feature is, is also besides the point. Either quitting / resigning is ok, or it’s not. To be both is pretty stupid.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby elfish_lad on Tue Aug 21, 2018 10:26 pm

Word.
Major elfish_lad

Postby Donelladan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:03 am

IcePack wrote:
elfish_lad wrote:Clearly you’re not a speeder. The feature is pointless (for the most part) there.

Whether I’m a speeder or not is besides the point. How effective the feature is, is also besides the point. Either quitting / resigning is ok, or it’s not. To be both is pretty stupid.

I think your disapproval of the resign button is blinding you completely. Deadbeating and resigning are not the same thing at all.
Colonel Donelladan

Postby IcePack on Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:33 am

Donelladan wrote:
IcePack wrote:

I think your disapproval of the resign button is blinding you completely. Deadbeating and resigning are not the same thing at all.

I think your support for the resign button is blinding you completely. I didn’t say they were the same thing at all. Read the words again.

Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Postby Donelladan on Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:51 am

You are arguing that because we allow people to resign we should not punish them for deadbeating. Did I got it correctly ?
Colonel Donelladan

Postby TheMissionary on Wed Aug 22, 2018 2:09 pm

I think what Ice is saying, is whether you are hitting a button, or letting time elapse, you are essentially giving up either way. The concept is the same, while the method is not. I understand the logic in Ice’s argument.
Lieutenant TheMissionary

Postby elfish_lad on Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:36 pm

Ok. These topics are connected in my mind. If the resign feature, especially in a speed game, was more useful, let’s say after 5 turns rather than 10, which is a considerable amount of time in a speeder on a small map with trench settings, there might be less dead beading where a tonne of players, sometimes even an Elf in a fit of dice rage, will say fucj it. And leave an appointment to deal wid it on their own.

But this probably wasn’t the best venue to chat about this, so I’m out.

E.

Edit: I just watched 16 speed games while writing an Event Report for work and drinking a G and T. Every. Single One. Dead beated. Highly. With minutes of turns left in the game, the losing player, with far less than 10 rounds on the board, dead beated. Massive behaviour. Risklover80? Chronic. And a turd if you could ever get him to talk. Which, in my estimation, and totally surprising to me with the chronic dead beating that goes on, was why he was banned: turdness.

Gotta make it easier to quit imo.
Major elfish_lad

Previous

Return to Closed C&A Reports