Conquer Club

Busted Sir-lancelot

All previously decided cases. Please check here before opening a new case.

Moderators: Multi Hunters, Cheating/Abuse Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

[These cases have been closed. If you would like to appeal the decision of the hunter please open a ticket on the help page and the case will be looked into by a second hunter.]

Sir-lancelot

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:32 pm

Accused:

sir-lancelot

The accused are suspected of:

This seems oddly familiar... :lol:

Sir-Lancelot wrote:Hello Friend,

I am learning how to play Antarctica. I need more practice but need to play opponents that I won't loose a lot of points to if I lose. Sent you some invites. Hope you can play.

Lance



Comments:

I got 5 invites with this message. He is 18-8 on Ant as a new player. Could be nothing but I know there were suspicions here previously. Anyone else getting deja vu?
Image
User avatar
Colonel Nut Shot Scott
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:02 am

Reference

https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=239&t=233304

It's not quite the same level of detail but the gist is the same. Worth a look?
Image
User avatar
Colonel Nut Shot Scott
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:13 pm

bruhhh...
Image
User avatar
Colonel Swimmerdude99
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
2235

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:53 pm

Swimmerdude99 wrote:bruhhh...


No? Not worth a look? I was more doing it for the laugh factor. I don't care if homeboy wants to come back. Spice things up around here.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Nut Shot Scott
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Extreme Ways on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:40 am

Definitely worth a look
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
User avatar
General Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
2

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:30 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:
Swimmerdude99 wrote:bruhhh...


No? Not worth a look? I was more doing it for the laugh factor. I don't care if homeboy wants to come back. Spice things up around here.


No, I just think its hilarious that he does the same thing over and over. It was worth my look, and I can already tell. Mr Paul, I recommend looking up some slang and working on your sentence structure to not be so cordial. May your 40th multi be the one that brings you back! At least we don't talk about honor and integrity anymore while breaking site rules lol.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Swimmerdude99
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
2235

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:17 pm

The whole thing is hilarious.

Also, stop PMing the same people the same stuff every time. This is like the third time you've politely messaged me about learning Antarctica from a different screenname. I have yet to accept. :lol:
Image
User avatar
Colonel Nut Shot Scott
 
Posts: 1001
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:03 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Sir-Lancelot on Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:31 pm

This is the first time I have been reported for anything. If a 26 - 8 record on a particular map makes me an expert, consider me guilty. I think I have a pretty good record on Feudal Epic also as well as France, New World, Stalingrad and others. I have invited players to 5 games at at time on multiple occasions. I'm sorry this guy got upset about it. Let me know what I have done wrong and I will try not to do it anymore.

Lance
Captain Sir-Lancelot
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:14 pm

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Sir-Lancelot on Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:09 pm

I did a little research and thought I'd offer this data:

My record on France is: 61 - 29
My record on Stalingrad is: 14 - 8
My record on New World is: 55 - 36
My record on Feudal Epic is: 21-19

I believe I have sent similar messages to players on each of these maps inviting them to 5 games also.

I have played Antarctica with these settings: Escalating, No Spoils, Flat Rate, Trench, Chained, Parachute, Standard, Polymorphic & Triples. This does not seem to me to be someone who is focusing on a particular type of game.

Lance
Captain Sir-Lancelot
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:14 pm

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Swimmerdude99 on Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:18 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:The whole thing is hilarious.

Also, stop PMing the same people the same stuff every time. This is like the third time you've politely messaged me about learning Antarctica from a different screenname. I have yet to accept. :lol:


Just like he ignored my post, he's also never invited me ;) cause he knows I'd pick up on him again lol.
Image
User avatar
Colonel Swimmerdude99
 
Posts: 2148
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:07 pm
Location: North Carolina
2235

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:41 am

Sir-Lancelot wrote:This is the first time I have been reported for anything. If a 26 - 8 record on a particular map makes me an expert, consider me guilty. I think I have a pretty good record on Feudal Epic also as well as France, New World, Stalingrad and others. I have invited players to 5 games at at time on multiple occasions. I'm sorry this guy got upset about it. Let me know what I have done wrong and I will try not to do it anymore.

Lance

Hey Lance,

In the past there was a player on CC who liked to lure newbies to Antarctica and farmed them for points. He also has some other issues with his general behaviour, but he is since ban-on-sight. In the past he's come back a couple times and did the same again. If you're not that same dude, this is why people are 'on edge' when getting a PM like the one you sent.

Hope this explains. For any questions/folllowup, feel free to post here or PM :-)
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
User avatar
General Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
2

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Sir-Lancelot on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:13 am

Thank you Extreme Ways for this explanation. I appreciate your taking the time to help me understand. Most of the posts here have been rather sarcastic and ugly. Even the guy who started the report said he was doing it for the "laugh factor". Another guy referred to me as someone else and I should not be so cordial. Really? I think it is unfortunate these types of players have nothing better to do than to harass a newer player such as me.

I will ask your advice on something. I send invitations to players who have played the map before and who are at least the same rank as me. I do not send invitations to newbies. I send invitations to same ranked or higher players so while I'm gaining experience on a map, if I loose I won't loose a tun of points. This seems logical and reasonable to me. Am I mistaken in my thinking?
Captain Sir-Lancelot
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:14 pm

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:47 pm

Sir-Lancelot wrote:Thank you Extreme Ways for this explanation. I appreciate your taking the time to help me understand. Most of the posts here have been rather sarcastic and ugly. Even the guy who started the report said he was doing it for the "laugh factor". Another guy referred to me as someone else and I should not be so cordial. Really? I think it is unfortunate these types of players have nothing better to do than to harass a newer player such as me.

I will ask your advice on something. I send invitations to players who have played the map before and who are at least the same rank as me. I do not send invitations to newbies. I send invitations to same ranked or higher players so while I'm gaining experience on a map, if I loose I won't loose a tun of points. This seems logical and reasonable to me. Am I mistaken in my thinking?

Score is not a very good indicator of skill, so while the rationale seems sound it's not if you want to learn the map better. To learn a map, it may be better to actually team up with strong players and discuss moves with them. They will point out your mistakes and help you improve. Finding out who is actually a strong player on the maps you need to improve on can be difficult without player knowledge.

Sending invites via PM is not very usual, hence why it's suspicious. On this map in particular because of the aforementioned history. Add in the fact that your country flag isn't stable, assuming due to VPN usage, the red flags are there. If you have nothing to do with it, best to not spend too much energy on it.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
User avatar
General Extreme Ways
 
Posts: 1585
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 10:02 am
2

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby rockfist on Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:41 pm

I disagree. Rank is very indicative of skill, but perhaps not in the way most people think it is...
Image
User avatar
Colonel rockfist
 
Posts: 1969
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:17 pm
Location: On the Wings of Death.
322

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby Donelladan on Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:19 pm

Game 21186683 First antartica game he played.
Definitely a multi if not PaP.

Also won his first poly 4 Das Schloss Game 21041626 and his first poly(4) feudal epic Game 20945632, and he wasn't playing against noobs.
Image
User avatar
Brigadier Donelladan
 
Posts: 3277
Joined: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:48 am
3321638

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby chanakam2020 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:16 pm

Donelladan wrote:Game 21186683 First antartica game he played.
Definitely a multi if not PaP.

Also won his first poly 4 Das Schloss Game 21041626 and his first poly(4) feudal epic Game 20945632, and he wasn't playing against noobs.


was it Game 21186683 his 1st game on Antarctica ??
See the game chat.

2021-10-11 10:59:29 - Sir-Lancelot: headed into new territory for me. never been to round 8 before
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Major chanakam2020
Community Team
Community Team
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:12 am
532

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby jfm10 on Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:34 pm

chanakam2020 wrote:
Donelladan wrote:Game 21186683 First antartica game he played.
Definitely a multi if not PaP.

Also won his first poly 4 Das Schloss Game 21041626 and his first poly(4) feudal epic Game 20945632, and he wasn't playing against noobs.


was it Game 21186683 his 1st game on Antarctica ??
See the game chat.

2021-10-11 10:59:29 - Sir-Lancelot: headed into new territory for me. never been to round 8 before



At least 3 of his Antarctica map games ended before this one.
Image
User avatar
Major jfm10
 
Posts: 486
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:51 pm
22

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby TeeGee on Thu Jan 20, 2022 11:07 pm

BUSTED

This was done both as a consultation of the MH team and the results found on the MH Tool
Kotaro wrote:TG for site owner 2020
User avatar
Captain TeeGee
 
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:07 pm
Location: Traversing the Multiverse, looking for a Yak with 3 ears

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby MagnusGreeol on Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:46 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Sir-Lancelot wrote:This is the first time I have been reported for anything. If a 26 - 8 record on a particular map makes me an expert, consider me guilty. I think I have a pretty good record on Feudal Epic also as well as France, New World, Stalingrad and others. I have invited players to 5 games at at time on multiple occasions. I'm sorry this guy got upset about it. Let me know what I have done wrong and I will try not to do it anymore.

Lance

Hey Lance,

In the past there was a player on CC who liked to lure newbies to Antarctica and farmed them for points. He also has some other issues with his general behaviour, but he is since ban-on-sight. In the past he's come back a couple times and did the same again. If you're not that same dude, this is why people are 'on edge' when getting a PM like the one you sent.

Hope this explains. For any questions/folllowup, feel free to post here or PM :-)


Hey Extreme, P@p did not "lure" newbies, He sent invites to any rank, It was always up to each own to accept challenge or decline, No one was ever forced to play him, He was so good and everyone knew it, He did not hunt people who had just joined CC like I have seen so many others do in the past, If inviting a player who can decline at any time is farming, Then We all do it!

I personally believe he was wronged from the start, And also believe he should be allowed back, idgaf what anyone says, He was a loyal member with excellent ratings and skill, He got along with everyone and one bad moment in time turned all you fuckin hyenas against him, "Let those without sin cast the first stone"

*edit- There are those who will hear someone yell "run" and will run, then those of us who want to know first, what it is that we are running from?
Image
User avatar
Major MagnusGreeol
 
Posts: 1438
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:39 pm
Location: ¥- ♎ BOSTONIA ♎ -¥

Re: Sir-lancelot

Postby IcePack on Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:19 pm

This isn't the place to argue about P@P or rehash the past transgressions.
Image

Some day, we'll all be dead
User avatar
Sergeant 1st Class IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter
 
Posts: 15863
Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: California


Return to Closed C&A Reports

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users