[Vacation - valid until Dec 2013] Escape [19/5] Pages 1/9

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderators: Cartographers, Global Moderators

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Vacation Valid until April 2013] Escape [15/9] V10 P1/4

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 3:13 am

Simplified everything from weapons to decays. While I liked all of the different things on the map, it was going to never get made as it was. Here is a new one. Can I get a move into the foundry please.
Click image to enlarge.
Sergeant 1st Class koontz1973
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Medals: 116
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)
Tournament Contribution (31) General Contribution (9)

Re: Escape [3/2] V11 P1/6

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:07 am

Nah, I don't think I'll move it just yet :evil:
ImageImage
show: High Score
Lieutenant isaiah40

Location: To be absent from the body is to be present with Christ
Medals: 36
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:25 am

isaiah40 wrote:Nah, I don't think I'll move it just yet :evil:

ImageYou big meanie.

Click image to enlarge.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (2) Triples Achievement (2) Quadruples Achievement (2) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (4)
Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (1) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (2)
Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (10) General Achievement (13) Clan Achievement (5) Map Contribution (12)

Postby Orc666 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:59 pm

I like the idea of a Zombie map but don't make it too complicated please !
Lieutenant Orc666

Medals: 21
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (2)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (1) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3)

Postby tkr4lf on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:05 pm

Hmmm.

Well, it certainly looks nice. I like how you did the legend this time.

It's much simpler now. I guess whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on individual preferences.

I do have to say that I really liked the plethora of bonuses you had before. But, with it being a bit simpler, it will probably appeal to more players and probably be a bit easier to get it through the foundry, instead of spending months upon months trying to work out the gameplay and bonuses.

Still a great looking map and one that I will definitely play once it reaches beta. Great job, Koontz! Glad to see you working on it again.
Major tkr4lf

Medals: 63
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (3) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (1)
Manual Troops Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (1) Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (1) Speed Achievement (2)
Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2) Cross-Map Achievement (3) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (4)
General Achievement (1) Clan Achievement (11) Tournament Contribution (14)

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:53 am

Orc666 wrote:I like the idea of a Zombie map but don't make it too complicated please !

It will not be that bad. But a few surprises are to be had.
tkr4lf wrote:Hmmm.

Well, it certainly looks nice. I like how you did the legend this time.
It's much simpler now. I guess whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on individual preferences.
I do have to say that I really liked the plethora of bonuses you had before. But, with it being a bit simpler, it will probably appeal to more players and probably be a bit easier to get it through the foundry, instead of spending months upon months trying to work out the gameplay and bonuses.
Still a great looking map and one that I will definitely play once it reaches beta. Great job, Koontz! Glad to see you working on it again.

Simpler it it. With everything that was on the map, I could not get the legend to work. Taken about 3/4s of and it now has a simplicity to it that might just work. Only having 2 guns is easier to work, without the bullets and only auto deploys, less room.
This is the one guys unless you really miss something from an older version.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:38 am

I think you need to make the medicine regions more conspicuous, and also on the mini map make the different bonus zones a little more distinguishable. For example, are the Conference Rooms part of Admin bonus? Is the infirmary part of the Lab bonus? And the Lounges...are those part of the Dorms or Labs?

Also, the +1 for every 2 regions means a lot of troops will be dropped...not sure I like that.
Major nolefan5311

Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 11:51 am

nolefan5311 wrote:I think you need to make the medicine regions more conspicuous, and also on the mini map make the different bonus zones a little more distinguishable. For example, are the Conference Rooms part of Admin bonus? Is the infirmary part of the Lab bonus? And the Lounges...are those part of the Dorms or Labs?

Easily done. Will make it so.

nolefan5311 wrote:Also, the +1 for every 2 regions means a lot of troops will be dropped...not sure I like that.

Remember, every territ on this has a decay (-1 or -2) apart from special regions like guns and medicine. So in a game, you will lose more troops per round than gain. This will mean players need to really think about drops and where they go from their, simulates the virus attacking the body as well. This is one of those things that will either make the map great or a total waste of space. Never been done before but if you can think up a very good reason to remove it, I will.
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:18 pm

Now this is just something personal I'd like to see done, can you make some bloody fingerprints on the paper like someone was reading them to see how to Escape?
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (1) Triples Achievement (1) Quadruples Achievement (1) Terminator Achievement (1)
Assassin Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Fog of War Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (3) Teammate Achievement (1)
Cross-Map Achievement (2) Ratings Achievement (2) General Achievement (4) Map Contribution (5) General Contribution (6)

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:22 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Now this is just something personal I'd like to see done, can you make some bloody fingerprints on the paper like someone was reading them to see how to Escape?

Planning to add them as soon as I find a willing volunteer. Either that or wait till one of my students misbehaves at school. :twisted:
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:25 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
isaiah40 wrote:Now this is just something personal I'd like to see done, can you make some bloody fingerprints on the paper like someone was reading them to see how to Escape?

Planning to add them as soon as I find a willing volunteer. Either that or wait till one of my students misbehaves at school. :twisted:

I hope that isn't a reference to using actual bloody fingerprints!? :shock:
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:26 pm

isaiah40 wrote:
koontz1973 wrote:

I hope that isn't a reference to using actual bloody fingerprints!? :shock:

Yes, how else am I going to get them. :-s
Cartography Assistant
Cartography Assistant

Postby nolefan5311 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm

koontz1973 wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:
nolefan5311 wrote:Also, the +1 for every 2 regions means a lot of troops will be dropped...not sure I like that.

Remember, every territ on this has a decay (-1 or -2) apart from special regions like guns and medicine. So in a game, you will lose more troops per round than gain. This will mean players need to really think about drops and where they go from their, simulates the virus attacking the body as well. This is one of those things that will either make the map great or a total waste of space. Never been done before but if you can think up a very good reason to remove it, I will.

This is only if people are silly enough to leave more than a single on the decay regions, which even mid level players don't do. So, though the log indicates I lost say, 12 men, in actuality, because we don't have a decay to neutral feature yet, I've only lost one from my main stack. Holding 20 regions will yield me a 10 drop...not a fan of that, and it's really going to throw off small games.
Major nolefan5311

Medals: 108
Standard Achievement (3) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (1) Manual Troops Achievement (2) Freestyle Achievement (2) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (1) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (4) Beta Map Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (3) Tournament Achievement (29) General Achievement (5)
Clan Achievement (12) Map Contribution (4) Tournament Contribution (12) General Contribution (4)

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Save the students!! Here's mine :lol: :
Feel free to use it!!
ImageImage
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:54 pm

koontz, I think most of your maps would benefit from nicer background texture and better fonts.
Brigadier ManBungalow

Medals: 84
Standard Achievement (4) Doubles Achievement (4) Triples Achievement (3) Quadruples Achievement (3) Terminator Achievement (2)
Assassin Achievement (2) Manual Troops Achievement (3) Freestyle Achievement (4) Polymorphic Achievement (1) Nuclear Spoils Achievement (2)
Fog of War Achievement (4) Trench Warfare Achievement (2) Speed Achievement (4) Teammate Achievement (2) Random Map Achievement (2)
Cross-Map Achievement (3) Beta Map Achievement (1) Battle Royale Achievement (1) Ratings Achievement (4) Tournament Achievement (2)
General Achievement (10) Clan Achievement (12) Tournament Contribution (3) General Contribution (6)

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box