Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - A New Asia Map

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: A New Asia Map

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Raskholnikov wrote:If each state will be represented by only one territorry, then "Asian States" (as opposed to Asian nations which is an entirely different thing) would seem to be most approrpiate and would not require renaming any other map, whilst keeping Asian maps together.

But that other map NEEDS to be renamed ANYWAY, so "not requiring renaming any other map" shouldn't be a significant consideration.

Lack would prefer not to rename the other map I think. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby The Bison King on Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Woodruff wrote:
Raskholnikov wrote:If each state will be represented by only one territorry, then "Asian States" (as opposed to Asian nations which is an entirely different thing) would seem to be most approrpiate and would not require renaming any other map, whilst keeping Asian maps together.

But that other map NEEDS to be renamed ANYWAY, so "not requiring renaming any other map" shouldn't be a significant consideration.

My understanding of the situation is that you can't rename the map with out the creators consent. They asked him earlier (prompted by this thread, check page 3 or 4) but he declined. I agree it's stupid, it doesn't make sense, and he's being a snot wad. The map should be called "Far East" it's OBVIOUS. It even says it on the map. Why it was ever called "Asia" in the first place is a mystery, but unless you can convince the original map maker to change it there's no point in discussing it.

I'd rather see some new updates than an ongoing name dispute.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby Woodruff on Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:46 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

Lack would prefer not to rename the other map I think. :)

Lack needs to pull his head out of his ass and figure out that confusion on his site is not a good thing, then.

The Bison King wrote:
Woodruff wrote:

My understanding of the situation is that you can't rename the map with out the creators consent. They asked him earlier (prompted by this thread, check page 3 or 4) but he declined. I agree it's stupid, it doesn't make sense, and he's being a snot wad. The map should be called "Far East" it's OBVIOUS. It even says it on the map. Why it was ever called "Asia" in the first place is a mystery, but unless you can convince the original map maker to change it there's no point in discussing it.

I'd give it a shot, but the mapmaker's name isn't even listed on the map, as far as I can tell. All I can see is "demonart", and there is no user by that name.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby natty dread on Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:44 pm

I think the Asia map name discussion should be redirected to the foundry discussions and keep this thread for discussing the new Asia map.

For the record, I believe demonart is someone who was "hired" by lack to create some new maps for the site before the foundry existed, and wants to remain in cognito.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Woodruff on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:42 am

natty_dread wrote:I think the Asia map name discussion should be redirected to the foundry discussions and keep this thread for discussing the new Asia map.

Yeah, I know...it's already being completely ignored there. <sigh>

natty_dread wrote:For the record, I believe demonart is someone who was "hired" by lack to create some new maps for the site before the foundry existed, and wants to remain in cognito.

Interesting. And convenient.
...I prefer a man who will burn the flag and then wrap himself in the Constitution to a man who will burn the Constitution and then wrap himself in the flag.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Postby AndyDufresne on Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:03 pm

natty_dread wrote:For the record, I believe demonart is someone who was "hired" by lack to create some new maps for the site before the foundry existed, and wants to remain in cognito.

I don't think the person wants to remain incognito. I recall him being a graphics friend Lack knew who helped out with a few of the first launching maps. There is some information on the forum about him somewhere.

--Andy

Postby multiplayertim on Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:14 am

I don't think its clear which label belongs to which country for Azerbaijan, Georgia and Armenia maybe you could extend the lines up more and then have them curl left to the country label that corresponds to them. Tajikstan is also hard to see could the label be moved into China and maybe move Kryrgyzstan a bit right as well. Vietnam and Cambodia are also confusing as well as Bahrain and Qatar. It looks very well though I like it
Winner: Tournament of the Minds
Private 1st Class multiplayertim

Postby shakeycat on Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:28 pm

Asia: East to West

Or along those lines. The current Asia map is East and Central, missing the westernmost portions.
Current Map Project: Tokyo
Lieutenant shakeycat

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:26 am

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)

:P

C'mon guys, it's been months and MrBenn moved to a different project.
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Actually at the request of the mapmaker to have it moved into the Recycling Bin, I hereby declare this moved!!

[MOVED]
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Feb 23, 2011 4:03 pm

isaiah40 wrote:Actually at the request of the mapmaker to have it moved into the Recycling Bin, I hereby declare this moved!!

[MOVED]

Lol, thank you, finally... It's been bothering me mucho :P
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Re: [Abandoned] - A New Asia Map

Postby MrBenn on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:10 am

Is there any merit in reviving this idea, or has it been superseded by natty's Asia map(s)?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby koontz1973 on Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:35 am

MrBenn wrote:Is there any merit in reviving this idea, or has it been superseded by natty's Asia map(s)?

Why not. We have the far east map and that is closer to this than nattys maps.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby MrBenn on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:35 am

There's still a lot of work to be done on this and if I'm going to do anything, I wonder if it would be better to start something else entirely...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:43 am

You have some pretty good ideas rolling around in your head usually, Mr Benn, I think you could probably tackle something else.

--Andy

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:00 pm

If their is a lot of work, hen why not do as Andy said, try something different.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Previous

Return to Recycling Box