Evil DIMwit wrote:You can keep "More Choppers." At worst I'll think of it as an homage.
Ahh, most gracious
Evil DIMwit wrote:That said, which names would you say are filler?
Well, keep in mind as I go through the names that the big limiting factor in my choices is space; I don't want to reduce the font size.
Okay, here's how I feel name-wise:I like all of the Ghetto names
- I'm pretty happy with a Slum Lord packing away a bunch of gas cans, and the "evict me over my dead body" names for the tenants.I like most of the Mafia HQ names
- the theme of a restaraunt "front" with a more seedy "back" is nice, but I know that some of the seediness could be spiced up. 'Records', 'Delivery' & 'Back Room' are OK, but they don't scream crime. I think 'Stash' probably works. I like most of the Church names
- it's meant to just resonate the theme of holy ground, maybe a haven to ward off evil. The names are standard, for the most part, but I like the 'Preist Hole' and the 'Library' with a Tome. Probably the weak part is the 'Gym' and the 'Cafeteria', as they don't fit the theme but are merely common things that one sees in big churches.I like most of the Hospital names
- I'm very happy with the Mad Doctors faction in the 'Asylum'. The 'E/W Wards' and 'Surgery' also seem fitting... 'Reception' and 'Waiting Room' sort of overlap, I just came up dry and opted to make a thin joke about how much
bureauacracy and waiting around everyone puts up with at a hospital.I have mixed feelings about the Mall names
- I really love the People's Mob in the Arcade, and think it would be mildly amusing/disturbing to see a log entry like "MarshalNey assaulted Lingerie from Food Court". On the other hand, there's no real thematic element running through the names. I'm happy with the names but I think that more could be done... does that make sense?I'm okay with all of the Academy names
- nothing 'pops' theme-wise here, but the military school idea gives the region a little life. The Relic in the 'Museum' is mildly interesting I think. I would have loved
to put a Rifle in the Clock Tower (that was the original idea), but it just didn't fit space-wise or gameplay-balance-wise.I'm ho-hum about all of the Police HQ names
- very similarly to the Academy, this region has a lot of functional but not exciting names. If not for the 'Roof' and 'Small Arms', this would be my least favorite region name-wise.The Bank names seem blah
- The region is very small, but that's probably not an excuse for such meh names. 'Mantrap' is about as close as it gets to interesting.I like most of the Zombie names
- Some start to get repetitive I think, and a few seem over-the-top cheesy even for this map. My least favorite are 'Lunch Hour', 'Pitch Black' and 'Dread Legion'. I wish a few more could be associated with the streets or street names; my favorites along these lines are 'Brain Street' (which alternatively was 'Pain Street'- which do you like more?) and 'Cul-de-snac'.
So to sum up my thoughts...
Names that could be improved: 'Back Room', 'Delivery', 'Records', 'Gym', 'Cafeteria', 'Waiting Room', 'Reception', 'Lunch Hour', 'Pitch Black', 'Dread Legion', some other non-street themed Zombie names, and some theme for the Mall names(?).
Names that are 'filler': Academy, Police HQ and Bank names