Conquer Club

[Abandoned] Escape [19/5] Pages 1/9

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Escape [19/5] Pages 1/9

Postby koontz1973 on Tue May 21, 2013 3:27 am

EricPhail wrote:Security 2/Hallway 2 could be an attack route if you think thats better

Will leave in.
EricPhail wrote:Conference 2/Hallway 6 I'd lose that doorway myself (actually tbh at the moment the coference room doesn't seem to have much purpose really -

Will remove.
EricPhail wrote:Blood trails are a little confusing for me at the moment

Seems to be a theme with this one. I will redo the whole lot and move some regions around so all army circles sit on the trails.
EricPhail wrote:Finally a simple graphical note there should be a blood trail between Dorm 1 and hallway 13 given that there's a door there

Yes, will add.

This is going to take a bit of time so give me a few days.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby -=- Tanarri -=- on Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Just dropping in to give a little encouragement for the next revision... looking forward to playing this one when it hits Beta :)
Captain -=- Tanarri -=-

Postby koontz1973 on Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:16 am

-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:Just dropping in to give a little encouragement for the next revision... looking forward to playing this one when it hits Beta :)

Sorry, this fell onto the back burner. Will get the updated map posted this weekend.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:05 pm

koontz, sorry this is a negative one....
but i think the original version was far better than the graphics now...they are totally confusing and over the top and you have to search everywhere for bits and pieces.
This is, IMO, needs pulling right back.
Sorry, just my opinion. :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:29 am

cairnswk wrote:koontz, sorry this is a negative one....
but i think the original version was far better than the graphics now...they are totally confusing and over the top and you have to search everywhere for bits and pieces.

cairns, which version are you saying to go back to? I think the only really new idea on this over the others is now the blood trails on the map for connections. Or do you mean the legend part of the image?
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby cairnswk on Mon Jun 24, 2013 1:16 am

koontz1973 wrote:
cairnswk wrote:koontz, sorry this is a negative one....

cairns, which version are you saying to go back to? I think the only really new idea on this over the others is now the blood trails on the map for connections. Or do you mean the legend part of the image?

koontz V3 was much clearer for me to understand, but then it doesn't coinvey what you need on the map.
the current version has too many white background pieces going on in conjunction with what i percieve as light grey army shadows...combine that with the blood trails, and it becomes very confusing to examine.
I watched The Following last night for the first time - Kevin Bacon and James Purefoy (of Mark Anthony fame from Rome) - and it seems that your concept of "blood art" and Dr Joe Carroll's blood art is similarly aligned - no insult intended - but there is similarity and trying to read the legend with that blood all over the cards is a nightmare...perhaps that can be toned down a lot.
At present, i just find the whole map over-the-top and rather confusing to read - less is more...remember what we did to pull back Madrid.
I think part of the issue is also trying to read the room names which haven't been lifted from the grey background and aren't clear to identify. :)
Last edited by cairnswk on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby iancanton on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:22 pm

will an appropriate number of labs start as n1 or n2 to reduce the initial 1v1 deployment to 4 troops?

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby iancanton on Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:20 pm

[Moved]

At the request of the mapmaker, this map has been placed on vacation for a period of 6 months. After the 6 months, the map will be considered Abandoned. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Cartographer Assistants will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Re: [Vacation - valid until Dec 2013] Escape [19/5] Pages 1/

Postby ViperOverLord on Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:54 pm

JMO: This could end up being Koontz's best map to date. Though off the top of my head, Rorke's Drift and 1982 are both high quality.
Major ViperOverLord

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 11:51 pm

ViperOverLord wrote:JMO: This could end up being Koontz's best map to date. Though off the top of my head, Rorke's Drift and 1982 are both high quality.

This will be back. Expect it in the foundry around Christmas with an ideal beta date of next summer.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby ViperOverLord on Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:58 am

koontz1973 wrote:
ViperOverLord wrote:JMO: This could end up being Koontz's best map to date. Though off the top of my head, Rorke's Drift and 1982 are both high quality.

This will be back. Expect it in the foundry around Christmas with an ideal beta date of next summer.

My (your) expectations have been dashed. :lol:
Major ViperOverLord

Previous

Return to Recycling Box