Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Castle Battle

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Castle Battle - Update, page 9

Postby Selucid Empire on Sun Apr 26, 2009 4:24 am

Wow... I have to say this is cool. This is the only map I've looked at and the first time I've looked at this thread and it reminds me so much of "Helm's Deep" in Lord of the rings. I think the concept is awesome.

I was wondering ... I saw a game map called Feudal War... another group were the Age of Realm type maps...

What if in this map, each player started with 1 or 2 areas as well with all others being neutral calling for each player to expand? One player could start inside the castle area, the other outside if it's 2 player...

If you played 2 player... this would mean 1 player would take a defender role and another would take the attacker roll and people would collect their bonuses as they expanded to collect them like on the Feudal map?

If there are 4 or 5 players... maybe randomized starting points? So you could potentially have 2 people starting in the castle area where you would have a sort of civil war inside the castle as well as a potential war among attackers outside before invading the castle ever became the forfront of one's mind.

(I'm new here so I'm trying to see how these funny different maps have different playability. Feudal surprised me when I saw people starting Round 1 with 2 or 3 territs and then I looked at the map and saw how it worked. Wouldn't it be cool if on this map, the attacking player could strategize their growth? They start with something, then they prioritize going for the battering ram... or the guard tower, etc... while the defender would also have to expand strategically to see what defense they wanted to collect first? Or is this completely impossible?)

Thanks and ... I really want to play on this map, really cool.

Theresa
Sergeant 1st Class Selucid Empire

Previous

Return to Recycling Box