Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - World of Ogygia

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: World of Ogygia Version 2.0 (Before:Colosseum Wars)

Postby mibi on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:14 am

What does Ogygia have to do with all this?

It doesn't relate to any myths or gods depicted in this map.
Captain mibi

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:19 am

Cause i read somewhere, that this was an island (yeah i know calypso was here but he wasent the only1) A Fabled island (A island filled with magical creatures and such) Didint find any other fabled cities. And im thinking of adding a calypso building(terrioe) or something to.
Private Androidz

Postby acegreat on Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:41 am

well androidz i think this one would definitely work out after all the updates your planning on putting on it i hope to be playing it
Private acegreat

Location: in a place.....with walls........and a window........and a door....and a FRIDGE

Postby mibi on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 am

Androidz wrote:Cause i read somewhere, that this was an island (yeah i know calypso was here but he wasent the only1) A Fabled island (A island filled with magical creatures and such) Didint find any other fabled cities. And im thinking of adding a calypso building(terrioe) or something to.

"Ogygia (Greek: į½ØĪ³Ļ…Ī³ĪÆĪ· or į½ØĪ³Ļ…Ī³ĪÆĪ±), is an island mentioned in Homer's Odyssey book V as the home of the nymph Calypso, the daughter of the Titan Atlas, also known as Atlantis (Ī‘Ļ„Ī»Ī±Ī½Ļ„ĪÆĻ‚[1]) in ancient Greek. Calypso detained Odysseus on Ogygia for seven years and kept him from returning to his home of Ithaca. Athena complained about Calypso's actions to Zeus, who sent the messenger Hermes to Ogygia to order Calypso release Odysseus. Calypso finally allowed Odysseus to build a small raft and depart the island."

I can't see where your map which is expansive in scope can really fit on this minor island which is essentially a footnote in greek myth.
Captain mibi

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:48 am

mibi wrote:
Androidz wrote:Cause i read somewhere, that this was an island (yeah i know calypso was here but he wasent the only1) A Fabled island (A island filled with magical creatures and such) Didint find any other fabled cities. And im thinking of adding a calypso building(terrioe) or something to.

"Ogygia (Greek: į½ØĪ³Ļ…Ī³ĪÆĪ· or į½ØĪ³Ļ…Ī³ĪÆĪ±), is an island mentioned in Homer's Odyssey book V as the home of the nymph Calypso, the daughter of the Titan Atlas, also known as Atlantis (Ī‘Ļ„Ī»Ī±Ī½Ļ„ĪÆĻ‚[1]) in ancient Greek. Calypso detained Odysseus on Ogygia for seven years and kept him from returning to his home of Ithaca. Athena complained about Calypso's actions to Zeus, who sent the messenger Hermes to Ogygia to order Calypso release Odysseus. Calypso finally allowed Odysseus to build a small raft and depart the island."

I can't see where your map which is expansive in scope can really fit on this minor island which is essentially a footnote in greek myth.

Well i needed an island with fabled creature if you know any other island or get a good name for an island/world then feel free to post it here. Cause at this spot i got none ideas.

This is a fantasy map based on greek mythology. Now i know some1 make a more realistic one about troy. And im not trying to make it as realistic as that.

Also were working on makeing the map more into the Theme of Calypso island (Exsample: Rafts one way attack to Titans Prison) Mt Odysseus is placed. (Calypse will have a terriorie as i mentioned) and some other things.

So alot of greek mytholgy from every corner is in this map. And alot of fantasy=)
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:55 am

mibi wrote:I can't see where your map which is expansive in scope can really fit on this minor island which is essentially a footnote in greek myth.

I thought about bringing that up that too, but decided Ehhh, it's a fantasy map.

I agree that something needs to be done about the Mt. Dubbitt territory. Maybe even that whole space. Seems easy enough to hold.

I love the Idea of re-naming Hells Manor! Persephone's Manor is a pretty good name, and includes another recognizable mythic figure on the map! Brilliant!

But, Here's my new thought on Posideon. Since you already have Hades in Hells Arena, Why not just replace the Hydra with Posideon? Rather than having one God floating around out there... And then just bumping Dionysus up to Heaven?

This map has just reached "important" status for me.
Sergeant 1st Class Juan_Bottom

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:08 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
mibi wrote:I can't see where your map which is expansive in scope can really fit on this minor island which is essentially a footnote in greek myth.

I thought about bringing that up that too, but decided Ehhh, it's a fantasy map.

I agree that something needs to be done about the Mt. Dubbitt territory. Maybe even that whole space. Seems easy enough to hold.

I love the Idea of re-naming Hells Manor! Persephone's Manor is a pretty good name, and includes another recognizable mythic figure on the map! Brilliant!

But, Here's my new thought on Posideon. Since you already have Hades in Hells Arena, Why not just replace the Hydra with Posideon? Rather than having one God floating around out there... And then just bumping Dionysus up to Heaven?

This map has just reached "important" status for me.

Sure that could work..im sure i can work something out so i that hydra can be placed somewhere and be +1 bonus as cerbrus and titan prison.. And do some small changes on the quote brilliant idea:)
Private Androidz

Postby mibi on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:30 pm

Androidz wrote:
mibi wrote:

Well i needed an island with fabled creature if you know any other island or get a good name for an island/world then feel free to post it here. Cause at this spot i got none ideas.

This is a fantasy map based on greek mythology. Now i know some1 make a more realistic one about troy. And im not trying to make it as realistic as that.

Also were working on makeing the map more into the Theme of Calypso island (Exsample: Rafts one way attack to Titans Prison) Mt Odysseus is placed. (Calypse will have a terriorie as i mentioned) and some other things.

So alot of greek mytholgy from every corner is in this map. And alot of fantasy=)

You should call it Mythic Realms or something.... anything is better than what you have now. Its like making a desert map and calling "World of Hawaii" or something. I would stay away from place names. Fantasy is one thing, but gross inaccuracy is something entirely different.
Captain mibi

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:45 pm

mibi wrote:
Androidz wrote:
mibi wrote:

You should call it Mythic Realms or something.... anything is better than what you have now. Its like making a desert map and calling "World of Hawaii" or something. I would stay away from place names. Fantasy is one thing, but gross inaccuracy is something entirely different.

We will make a poll in one week about it.
Private Androidz

Postby Gen.LeeGettinhed on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:58 pm

CC, I just took a quick look at Ogygia? pre-coluseum. it looks very cool. You should get Androidz to submit other map designs as well
Field Marshal Gen.LeeGettinhed

Location: Guantanamo Bay, Cuba (just south of El USA -- that's Spanish for The USA)

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:59 pm

lol:D You should thx Seamusk for the awsome graphics im just doing the gameplay=)
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:44 pm

Is this one on the back burner for a while? Till SEAMUSK get that other map pounded out? What's goin' on fellers? This guy would like an update!

Postby seamusk on Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:48 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:Is this one on the back burner for a while? Till SEAMUSK get that other map pounded out? What's goin' on fellers? This guy would like an update!

not back burner per se. But I did put a lot of time into this for a week or two and I've got updates to crunch out on my other maps. Running into two large updates at once slows me down. Not sure what the ETA for the update here is. Hurling is next and I should have hurling within a day or two.
Lieutenant seamusk

Postby Androidz on Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:45 am

When poll ends in 2-3 days well around then start working on the update hopefully. Since its a large TO DO list, it will take a few days to make it. So be paitent.

Now when the new update comes i going to set up a new pole on the new Gameplay idea i got for this map. I think its great and and will make even more fun!=)
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:57 pm

So we'll have an update Saturday or Sunday?

Postby Androidz on Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Nah around Monday-Wed. You need to be pretty lucky to get it sooner i think we start on the update tommorow. and if you check the to do list its HUGH.

But im going a Poll each week from now on.

Next Week:

Hugh Gameplay Poll.

Week After:

Question...
Private Androidz

Postby gimil on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:01 pm

Once this one gets an update someone drop me a line and ill pop in.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Androidz on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:03 pm

alright=)
Private Androidz

Postby bryguy on Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:32 pm

1) I dont like the orange color at the top of the map. any other color would work better
2) Arena of H. and hades are to cramped together
3) The bridges are very pixely at the circle ends and occassionally the sides
4) what the heck is the red line for? it seems to me to have no purpose... and its not even red! lol its a weird color
5) Also, arena of courage and mi--taur are to cramped together
6) you can hardly read the N and O in minotaur, so it looks like mi--taur
7) Theres not enough room for armies on bernar wood
8) many territory names spill over borders into other territories
9) some territories (turmanian woods, woodland shrine, dredjav jungle etc) will most likely be to small to fit army numbers on the small versions
10) you can hardly read any of the names in olympus
11) you cant read most of the names in the arenas
12) Keep up the good work =D
Corporal bryguy

Postby Androidz on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:55 am

bryguy wrote:1) I dont like the orange color at the top of the map. any other color would work better
2) Arena of H. and hades are to cramped together
3) The bridges are very pixely at the circle ends and occassionally the sides
4) what the heck is the red line for? it seems to me to have no purpose... and its not even red! lol its a weird color
5) Also, arena of courage and mi--taur are to cramped together
6) you can hardly read the N and O in minotaur, so it looks like mi--taur
7) Theres not enough room for armies on bernar wood
8) many territory names spill over borders into other territories
9) some territories (turmanian woods, woodland shrine, dredjav jungle etc) will most likely be to small to fit army numbers on the small versions
10) you can hardly read any of the names in olympus
11) you cant read most of the names in the arenas
12) Keep up the good work =D

lol we can see what we can do:D (Try resuggestion after the update of we forgot something)
Btw, some of them were already chagneing.

The red line is for that it should be possible to reach the brige from both continents above.. If we removed the "Red Line (Which isint meaned to be red just bloody:D(WarField) the continents above could never get the chance to get into the underworld since they will be constanly fighting echoter.
Private Androidz

Postby Coleman on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:27 pm

I'm a little confused about the origin of this map, but if that's already been taking care of ignore me. I am hopeful that this is just from your imagination and mythology as I'd hate to see this get hung up by copyright infringement.

I'll tell gimil about the next update if you don't. I'm excited to see this move forward.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Androidz on Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:36 pm

Coleman wrote:I'm a little confused about the origin of this map, but if that's already been taking care of ignore me. I am hopeful that this is just from your imagination and mythology as I'd hate to see this get hung up by copyright infringement.

I'll tell gimil about the next update if you don't. I'm excited to see this move forward.

lol this is taken right from my imagnation:D i mind is thinking fantasy all the times:)

thx for your comment im glad you like it:) And the orgin isint taken care off yet i dont know what to call it:D
Private Androidz

Postby Juan_Bottom on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Androidz wrote:nd is thinking fantasy all the time

:lol: ANDROIDZ!

So the name may yet change? You should probably name it JUAN RULES!

Are there other mythological names in mind?

Postby Androidz on Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:17 pm

Juan_Bottom wrote:
Androidz wrote:nd is thinking fantasy all the time

:lol: ANDROIDZ!

So the name may yet change? You should probably name it JUAN RULES!

Are there other mythological names in mind?

i got none in my mind:D World of Nemresh??:D

i kinda feel like dedicateing it to player if we choose that. I let you the commenters choose.
Private Androidz

Postby hulmey on Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:28 pm

THis is a very intersting map. I think you could choose a btter name though. Sometthing with more mass appeal. Maybe like Lands of the God's....i dunno, something catchy =D> =D>
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

PreviousNext

Return to Recycling Box