Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Battlefield

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Battlefield--v4--Page 4--(10/5)

Postby ZeakCytho on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 pm

Kaplowitz wrote:NONBF Knights start with n3

So, that's wrong, then? It should start with 3, not n3.
Captain ZeakCytho

Postby Kaplowitz on Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:10 pm

edited, nice catch :P
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby MrBenn on Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:14 am

Kap, your image looks good, although the symbols look a bit too 'floaty' for my liking...

Have you had much serious feedback on how games will pan out? I'd appreciate your thoughts on this, and any specific areas you'd like to focus discussion...

;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby The Neon Peon on Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:47 am

Gameplay comment:

What is the point of deploying on the archers? They bombard any knight, but all the knights can attack each other. So why would I want to deploy on an archer and bombard my enemies, rather than deploy on a knight and capture their territories?

The only reason bombarding ever works in a game is because the territory can bombard more territories or very key ones. You have territories that can attack knights (other knights) and territories that can bombard the same knights (archers), so there is no advantage to the bombard. If the archers could bombard any knights at all I would use them.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby pookey on Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:39 am

In the writing to explain what Kinghts outside of the battlefield can do you have spelt across wrong. It currently says 'accros the dotted line' and not 'across the dotted line'.

Just thought i should point that out. 8-)
Private pookey

Postby Kaplowitz on Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:38 pm

The Neon Peon wrote:Gameplay comment:

What is the point of deploying on the archers? They bombard any knight, but all the knights can attack each other. So why would I want to deploy on an archer and bombard my enemies, rather than deploy on a knight and capture their territories?

The only reason bombarding ever works in a game is because the territory can bombard more territories or very key ones. You have territories that can attack knights (other knights) and territories that can bombard the same knights (archers), so there is no advantage to the bombard. If the archers could bombard any knights at all I would use them.

bonuses ;)

pookey wrote:In the writing to explain what Kinghts outside of the battlefield can do you have spelt across wrong. It currently says 'accros the dotted line' and not 'across the dotted line'.

Just thought i should point that out. 8-)

Doh! that's what i get for typing too fast!
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby porkenbeans on Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:39 pm

It is very pleasing to the eye. The vivid colors set on dark background, and the whole style of it, is nice. I dont know how it would play, so I wont comment on that. I would make 2 minor adjustments. 1.) Flip the horses, so they are facing outward from their castle. 2.) Make the castles and catipults, side views, like the horses. Awsome looking map, ...dude. :D
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby MrBenn on Sun Nov 09, 2008 6:15 pm

This map has been moved into retirement.

It would appear that development of this map has stalled, as there have not been any updates for some time.

If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then after an update, one of the CAs will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system ;-)

Mr B
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Previous

Return to Recycling Box