First of all, apologies for the delay in answering. As I said I was travelling, but also had to take care of an unexpected work task, so that took all my time. I'll pass to comment the suggestions now.
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:[*]Change homeland bonus from +6 to +1 per 2 homeland territories[/*]
My alternative proposal it's to make both of them. +1 per 2 homeland territories, and +3 for the whole homeland. So when a player has the full homeland it becomes +6 as it is now, but parcial homelands still provide some income.
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:[*]Add +1 per 3 land territories non-tech bonus
[*]Change Secret Conscription to +1 per 6 regions (or alternatively +1 per 2 regions and add overrides standard land territory bonus)[/*]
I think it's a good idea to provide the standard 1 per 3 bonus and give the player the option to double that bonus (Secret Conscription) or triple it (Open Conscription). Gives an additional incentive to expand early in the game.
In the map I would say "Extra +1 per 3 territories" pero each of them. I think that could be easily understood.
-=- Tanarri -=- wrote:[*]Reduce Secret Conscription neutral to 15
I would not reduce the neutrals as with the proposed changes players would have acces to more deploys earlier in the game.
Also, I would propose those changes:
- Raise National Pride neutrals to 30, to make it consistent with Standing Army. If Standing Army costs 15 for a +3, National Pride should cost 30 for a +6
- For the same reason, reduce Top Secret Facility neutrals to 30. Alternatively make Top Secret Facility a requirement for the advanced techs. That would justify the additional 15 cost.
- Mobilize Army: I know I am ammending myself here, but I would raise the deploys from 9 to 12 (and yes, you were right in saying that this is more consitent with the map legend).
- I think that neutrals for mining and conscription are ok, because by the time a player researches the advanced versions the owned land is bigger so the bonus is also bigger.
- Doomsday device. It can be researched too soon. So I would place it after Top Secret Facility (to make it more difficult to achieve and to give TSF a bigger part in the game) and probably also raise the 200 neutrals. In one of our games Tanarri and myself raced to get Doomsday Device very early (turns 10-15) and we had a very small portion of the map.
- And then there is the sabotage thing, but I think that's better left to the end after everything else has been discussed.