Conquer Club

[Abandoned] - Gang Crusades of TORONTO

Abandoned and Vacationed maps. The final resting place, unless you recycle.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Gang Crusades of TORONTO (5th Draft)

Postby luxCRUSADER on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:01 am

Hi CC members/ community:

Hello everyone:

5th Draft has been updated to 5.1 with very small changes:
i) left only the numbers and letter for the 'RSP' (rock/paper/scissor- aka 'politician/cop/gang) to make map less busy in appearance (only).
ii)..lowered the pixel stroke of the Politician to 1, in an attempt to reduce "map busy-ness"
ii) added more cruisers racing with lights and sirens ... THAT IT ! this little amendment supplements the changes of Draft 5- ENJOY !!! ... \:D/

Draft 5.1 of "Gang Crusades of TORONTO" LARGE VIEW
Click image to enlarge.

Draft 5.1 of "Gang Crusades of TORONTO" SMALL VIEW
Click image to enlarge.

ENJOY !

L8R
luxCRUSADER O:)
closing down my Conquer Club account due to the WAY 2 RANDOM dice that Conquer Club contracts to 'random.org' :) "I'm done" ! gonna play here: http://sillysoft.net/lux/
Sergeant 1st Class luxCRUSADER

Postby BigBallinStalin on Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:57 pm

So ummm I've been trying to read what's been going on, but page 5 and that avatar still got my mind going... :oops: :lol: Lux, you a baad man. :P

The map is looking and sounding more and more complex but hey if the man keeps saying "It's simply the most simplest complex map there is," then ok sure lux it's simply simple no matter how crazy you sound. The RPS sounds fun and having 3 major choke points while making this map suitable for 8 players is simply great. =D>

Keep hammering at it because I can't wait to get my hands on it, AND DROPPIN THEM FOOLS. just kidding but yeah, you know :mrgreen:
Major BigBallinStalin

Location: crying into the dregs of an empty bottle of own-brand scotch on the toilet having a dump in Dagenham

Postby luxCRUSADER on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:02 pm

BigBallinStalin wrote:So ummm I've been trying to read what's been going on, but page 5 and that avatar still got my mind going... :oops: :lol: Lux, you a baad man. :P ...

O:)

BigBallinStalin wrote:....The map is looking and sounding more and more complex...

My buddy BigBallinStallin ! Thats why you are cool in my books and why I continue to play alot of private games with you: you are a "straight-shooter" ... "no BS coming outta ya mouth" - I love it- a little rough around the edges ..."NOT LIKE THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT" (Jerry Seinfeild) :lol:

...the reason I am saying that this is the easiest map is for for TWO reasons and not as complex as you think... is:

1) EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO PLAY "ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS"
2) EVERYONE KNOWS HOW TO FOLLOW DOTTED LINES.

THAT'S ALL A PLAYER HAS TO DO ON THIS MAP....I mean ... all the player has to know is that POLITICIANS can beat POLICE, who can beat GANGS, who can beat POLITICIANS: that's it !!!! ; and the other thing to know how to do is: follow the dotted lines from one unit to another adjacent unit that has the same colored dotted line between them.

THAT'S IT. I wish you could have left your specific question about what is confusing on the map... thats ok though... "its all good"... 8-)

Think about it... if you capture North America on the classic map and you split your armies so that the majority of them rest on the NA choke points of Alaska, Greenland and Central America, do you (generally) care to put armies in the middle areas like Ontario etc. ? The answer is NO.

Same thing happens on this map of "Gang Crusades of Toronto". In the beginning, Players will be spending the majority of their invested armies placing them on the choke points which are the Politicians and Special Services Unit. The already captured and controlled Police Division and Gangs inside the Zone- during the beginning of the game don't have to (for the most part) be refortified. So action for the most part of the game will be played out from the Politician and Special Services Unit, which you see between all those connected dotted lines on the map; with the turn by turn question being, "should I ... or shouldn't I go for the next Zone OR it might be " should I start stacking armies on my Police Division with the goal being to start investing in a Gang Project, which if completely collected will yield a "smacking 21 armies" (I might change this amount as time goes on).

BigBallinStalin wrote:.... but hey if the man keeps saying "It's simply the most simplest complex map there is," then ok sure lux it's simply simple no matter how crazy you sound.......
Not the first time I've been called a little "Ku- Ku" ... :-^
and won't be the last :-^

BigBallinStalin wrote:.... The RPS sounds fun and having 3 major choke points while making this map suitable for 8 players is simply great. =D> .......

It is ! You and I play the Peloponnesian Map and it will feel sorta like that as far as the "concentric attacking strategy goes" but because of the Politicians in my map, a Player with wishing to expand can strike in three directions and not just the player to the left or to the right of you as is the norm in most positions of Peloponnesian Play, which is one of my favourite maps - I can't complain cause its giving me a 32 percent winning percentage in 8 player games :o

BigBallinStalin wrote:....Keep hammering at it because I can't wait to get my hands on it, AND DROPPIN THEM FOOLS. just kidding but yeah, you know :mrgreen:

And again ... BigBallinStallin... this is what I'm banking on... as with my HIGH forum "viewing numbers" appears to show a HIGH interest, that in the event of a Beta appearance, people will flock to the map, glance at it, and see that all they have to do is follow the dotted lines of attack to and from the next adjacent unit, bearing in mind that THE SIMPLE EQUATION IS: 3 CHOKE POINTS PER ZONE- CONTROL IT ! ... " set it and forget it " then move on to the next turn. The "RPS" comes into play between the choke points of Politician and Special Services Unit.

Thanks for stopping in to drop your views...but ... I really wanna know ... which avatar really brought you here :?:
closing down my Conquer Club account due to the WAY 2 RANDOM dice that Conquer Club contracts to 'random.org' :) "I'm done" ! gonna play here: http://sillysoft.net/lux/

Postby luxCRUSADER on Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:43 pm

Hello everyone:

I have heard some confessional responses to my private PM's to friends asking them for an explanation as to what may be causing the difficulty in understanding the gameplay mechanics...

I was surprised to learn that the # 1 problem is: LAZINESS to read the (probably) perfectly explained gameplay instructions found:... ON ... THE ... MAP...

So in the first post I have included these instructions:

Map Game Play Requirements:
1) Know how to Read (Game play mechanics shown on map proper area). If illegible, this is my fault; if refusing to read, this is your fault...
2) Know how to play and use the "rock-paper-scissors" concept.
3) Know how to follow dotted line connections.

***Failure to know any part of these 3 requirements will result in the viewer unable to play this map... or MAJORITY OF game players for that matter****...

L8R

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Just a thought...

Maybe removing dotted lines?

Where you wrote:

White divisional boundaries are impassable, except for dotted lines passing in and out via P unit and SS units...

you can write:

white divisional boundaries are impassable, except for Politics and SS units that can attack adjacent of the same type

There will be few changes on the actual gameplay, for example in this way B SS Unit can attack (and be attacked) G and H SS Units.

The map will appear more tidy.
Finally a different symbol for police division? The red-blu star doesn't look so good .

Looking back, i'm very happy for the improvements done on this map, you're on the right way Lux, don't stop walking ;)

Here, if you need more help
Have a nice day
thenobodies80
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby luxCRUSADER on Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:41 pm

thenobodies80 wrote:Just a thought...

Maybe removing dotted lines?

Where you wrote:

White divisional boundaries are impassable, except for dotted lines passing in and out via P unit and SS units...

you can write:

white divisional boundaries are impassable, except for Politics and SS units that can attack adjacent of the same type

There will be few changes on the actual gameplay, for example in this way B SS Unit can attack (and be attacked) G and H SS Units.

The map will appear more tidy.
Finally a different symbol for police division? The red-blu star doesn't look so good .

Looking back, i'm very happy for the improvements done on this map, you're on the right way Lux, don't stop walking ;)

Here, if you need more help
Have a nice day
thenobodies80

thank you very much for the sincere advise...

I'll get on it right away ...

Postby sinctheassasin on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:04 pm

it is a good idea, with the rock paper sissors thing

but, what you might not realize since youve been here since the very beginning, is that the map itself is very busy, at a first glance, it looks really complicated and some of the text is hard to read with all of the textures.

just my thoughts, good work so far :)
Woop Woop, i love conquer club, why'd i leave for a year?
Who LIkes finishing what they started? :D
Corporal sinctheassasin

Postby luxCRUSADER on Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:38 am

sinctheassasin wrote:it is a good idea, with the rock paper sissors thing

but, what you might not realize since youve been here since the very beginning, is that the map itself is very busy, at a first glance, it looks really complicated and some of the text is hard to read with all of the textures.

just my thoughts, good work so far :)

thank you equally sinctheassasin for giving me your sincere advice ... it really helps .... sincerely ... thank you :|

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:46 am

[Moved]

It would appear that development of this map has stalled. If the mapmaker wants to continue with the map, then one of the Foundry Moderators will be able to help put the thread back into the Foundry system, after an update has been made. ;-)
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Previous

Return to Recycling Box