Conquer Club

Esculating Spoils

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Esculating Spoils

Postby FitzMichael on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:51 am

Hey guys, just started my first terminator/esculating game the other day, and have read up on the suggested strategy posted on this forum. However i haven't seen any mention of when the best time to cash spoils would be. Should I be cashing them asap? Waiting for the spoils bonus to go up? Use them if I think i can eliminate a player? Thanks in advance.
Sergeant FitzMichael

Re: Esculating Spoils

Postby SirSebstar on Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:19 am

use them if you can eliminate a player. use them before you are eliminated, but wait as long as possible.
the more people use a set, the more valuable yours becomes, but also the more attractive a target you become..
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby ngok on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:28 pm

I am new and in escaling spoils game. One player took his turn but did not end his turn thereby not collecting spoil as he ran out of time. he nows gains advantage by not being forced to play spoils later in the game. Is this allowed?
Private ngok

Postby QoH on Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:32 pm

ngok wrote:I am new and in escaling spoils game. One player took his turn but did not end his turn thereby not collecting spoil as he ran out of time. he nows gains advantage by not being forced to play spoils later in the game. Is this allowed?

Yes. It might seem dirty, but it's a valid strategy.
Please don't invite me to any pickup games. I will decline the invite.
Major QoH

Return to SoC Training Grounds