Conquer Club

dissapointment

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

dissapointment

Postby ninjaruler on Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Hello good teachers and students of the society of cooks, I am one of the most recent students and am apart of field 11, So far I have had three turns that have had no advice, I have been very disappointed and Tonight from the looks of it, it could turn into Four turns. I have read over everything and done everything correctly according to the handbook, I am sure that this program works for other people but for me it is a little less then I expected. I will keep trying to go through it but I am not sure if after I finish the three games that I am in, that are eligible for advice, if I will keep posting in my Training Field asking for advice. :/
Cadet ninjaruler

Re: dissapointment

Postby macbone on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Hey, ninja,

We're a little shorthanded right now with teachers on leave or on vacation, but one thing you can do is add all of the active teachers to your friends list. Here's the list: Staff and Graduates. If time is running down on your game, PM a teacher who's online, and we can come check your game out. I'll be around a lot until September, so you can always PM me, too.
Colonel macbone

Postby zimmah on Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:39 pm

i'd love to help too but since i havent officially completed the training myself either i don't know if i'd qualify. but if all else fails just message me and i'll do what i can to advise you :)

at least i'm often online.
Click image to enlarge.
Major zimmah

Postby ninjaruler on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:49 am

I have added everyone from the active terminator games teaching list, if there is anyone else you advice I would do so.
Cadet ninjaruler

Postby oldrisky44 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:02 am

Ninja, sorry about the misses, i noticed that too and was hoping to catch you before we miss another. Sometimes schedules just don't work out. Another thing you can do is to go ahead and post your thoughts and request comments on your plans even if we've missed. That way we will still leave comments about turns we missed and you'll still get the benefit of advice, albeit late.

Like macbone said, we're a little short-handed right now, so it's not intentional.

And zimmah, please don't take it upon yourself to offer advice to students. Once you complete the program if you're interested in teaching, we would be happy to give you the opportunity, we need good teachers. Thanks.
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:15 pm

yes Summer is a hard time. I am trying to pick up the slack.

If you are worried about time constaints send me a PM with the game link. I try to check the classrooms twice a day now.

I have been waiting for you to respond this round. Game 9435789 before I say yay or nay.

Your other game I gave my advice and am still waiting.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ninjaruler on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:48 pm

Iron Butterfly wrote:yes Summer is a hard time. I am trying to pick up the slack.

If you are worried about time constaints send me a PM with the game link. I try to check the classrooms twice a day now.

I have been waiting for you to respond this round. Game 9435789 before I say yay or nay.

Your other game I gave my advice and am still waiting.

sorry that I havent responded. I am going through my two other games now.
Cadet ninjaruler

Postby macbone on Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:28 am

Add Edgron, our newest teacher. He's gone on vacation, but he'll be back next week.
Colonel macbone

Postby MrSour on Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:35 am

I too have had missed instruction (field 11) but it is a service provided by volunteers with that in mind you can't be expectant.

We should take note of the first four moves and I suggest if really stuck PM a tutor, I've PM'd my regular tutor on other games to get an insight in to their thinking... Or you could pop in to chat to talk to a couple of people the games are sunny so they should be able to see, it's human nature is to show how much of a great strategist you are so should get some food for thought. A word of warning though the SoC has been developed to train in a certain way so any advice cross reference this with the First Four Moves principals and the rules with in.

Good luck and have fun.
Sergeant 1st Class MrSour

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:13 pm

Ive been watching your games as well mr. sour.

Thank you for understanding. We volunteer our time and do the best we can...
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby ninjaruler on Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:46 am

okay thanks guys.
Cadet ninjaruler

Return to SoC Training Grounds