Conquer Club

An open question to all on what games to join

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

An open question to all on what games to join

Postby ben.cleuch on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:50 am

I am a freemium and since joining the SoC have played nearly all SoC games except for a couple of public games with SoC type settings.
My question is this. Should I just play all SoC games or mix in other public games with the usual settings.
I am not really concerned with points or rank just learning.
Sergeant 1st Class ben.cleuch

Re: An open question to all on what games to join

Postby oldrisky44 on Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:20 am

ben, that's up to you. What kind of games do you enjoy playing? Play whatever is fun for you, especially if you're not concerned with points or rank. Keep one or two SoC games going and post them so that you can continue to learn, then try some of the other stuff. Escalating spoils is probably the easiest type to master. I recommend sticking to the easier maps, the simple maps like classic with regular continent bonus structure and fairly open attack routes. Africa, High Seas, Arctic, France, etc. are all pretty easy to learn.

Fog adds some depth, but try it on maps that you're familiar with first. Don't join assassin games with just anybody. Noobs quickly ruin those games because they don't understand that they can win the game for someone else.
Corporal 1st Class oldrisky44
SoC Training Adviser

Return to SoC Training Grounds