Conquer Club

SoC 1v1 Ladder Challenge (CLOSED)

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder Challenge

Postby MGSteve on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:31 am

MGSteve wrote:Elric has spanked me again though I am trouncing him in the 3rd game. So.... howz bouts I challenge the ever tough tamaynet before the reset? Game 15685264 & Game 15685267

This one's gonna be delayed a bit while tam's travelling. I'll just leave em up and you can join when you get back, tam. Pw, as always, is ladder.
Lieutenant MGSteve

Postby ElricTheGreat on Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:34 am

So I have made it to June 1st with nobody else calling dibs ... so if I can banish t4 I get the honor of sitting atop the ladder as we get shulled into oblivion?
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:29 pm

The Society of Cooks 1v1 Ladder v3.0 is hereby FROZEN!!

NO new games/challenges will be accepted!!
Sergeant 1st Class celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:33 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:So I have made it to June 1st with nobody else calling dibs ... so if I can banish t4 I get the honor of sitting atop the ladder as we get shulled into oblivion?

Yes you do...but, Rule #83 does come into play...
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ganguscalm on Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:14 pm

celliottii wrote:The Society of Cooks 1v1 Ladder v3.0 is hereby FROZEN!!

NO new games/challenges will be accepted!!

DAM ! ... and I was just gonna challenge ALL of you ! :evil:
With one hand tied to my ankle and a sward in the other !! :shock:
:---)
Sergeant ganguscalm

Postby celliottii on Tue Jun 02, 2015 2:25 pm

Ok...Now that the Ladder is officially frozen, let me explain what happens next:

1. Any challenge that is currently taking place WILL count towards the Ladder standings (Ladder rank, win-loss, win streak, etc.)

2. If you have a winning streak, your streak will carry over through Ladder Reset II and into the new Ladder.

3. Any current challenge that has not finished by the time Ladder Reset II starts will continue.

4. Any current challenge that has not finished by the time the NEW Ladder starts will become invalid. (I recommend you get those matches done soon)

I've been asked what or how Ladder Reset II is going to happen...Well, here it is:

1. On the Ladder, you will see that I have replace the "Forfeits" column with "Ladder Reset Choice". Based on what you told me, you can see who chose to go into the mixer or start the next Ladder at the bottom.

2. Those that chose the bottom, will start there. IAmCaffeine has requested to start at the very bottom, so that's where I'll place him. All others will be given a bottom rung randomly using random.org.

3. Those that chose the mixer will be randomly placed into a 6 player Classic game. Based on how you finish, you will be placed into a second game (see below).

4. The second game you play will also be a 3 player Classic game. Everyone that won their first game will play each other...second place people will play each other...and so on.

5. Settings for these two games will be: Terminator, Automatic, Sequential, Flat Rate, Chained Reinforcement, Foggy, No Trench, 20 Round Limit.

6. You new Ladder rank will be based on what place you finished in your second game. (For example, Tom wins his first game and wins his second game, Tom will have the #1 spot...Dick places third in his first game and second in his second game, Dick will be in the #8 spot...Harry places fourth in his first game and wins his second game, Harry will be #10)

7. If the 20 round limit is reached, then tie-breakers will be decided in the following order:

a) Number of terts
b) Number of troops
c) Number of bonus regions (there are six bonus regions in Classic...all count as 1 point for the tie-breaker)

As I stated in my posting announcing that Ladder Reset II was coming, I will not announce the date the reset actually takes place. But, here is what is going to happen:

1. I will make a post here and send you a PM that says, "Ladder Reset II is currently underway..."

2. All players in the mixer will be randomly placed into their Round 1 game using random.org.

3. ElricTheGreat will send you an invite to your first game. The game title will be, "SoC 1v1 Ladder Reset II"...the games will be PRIVATE with the password: ladder

4. In the same post and PM I send out, I will list the rosters for each game, along with a link for the game.

5. There is no need to report you winning or being eliminated, I will be able to see all of this.

6. Once all of the Round 1 games are complete, I'll post the rosters for the Round 2 games. ElricTheGreat will send out invites for these games.

7. Once all of the Round 2 games are complete, I'll post the final standings, reset the Ladder, and the new season will start.

While Ladder Reset II is taking place, I'll post the new changes to the Ladder. The new changes will be in the Official Rules (on page 1) and re-posted here on the Ladder.

If you have any questions about the new changes, please post them in the Ladder Forum that way I can answer them for everyone.

Of course, if you have any questions now, feel free to post those as well...

Good luck!
Last edited by celliottii on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby tamaynet on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:39 pm

celliottii wrote:
tamaynet wrote:Hey Chuck, when my matches are over (it looks like it will be soon) you can put me at the bottom of the ladder for the reset.
Thanks.

Yep...Do you want me to put you there BEFORE the reset actually takes place or AFTER the reset is complete?

Chuck, I think you neglected to put me at the bottom. Just a heads up.
Lieutenant tamaynet
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:14 pm

tamaynet wrote:
celliottii wrote:
tamaynet wrote:Hey Chuck, when my matches are over (it looks like it will be soon) you can put me at the bottom of the ladder for the reset.
Thanks.

Yep...Do you want me to put you there BEFORE the reset actually takes place or AFTER the reset is complete?

Chuck, I think you neglected to put me at the bottom. Just a heads up.

Ok...I did have you in the mixer...thanks for the clarification...

FYI...The post ABOVE tamaynet's will be edited here very shortly...
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:36 am

iAmCaffeine was a bad boy at some point and is currently serving a 1 month detention from posting in the forums. Currently, he doesn't have any active challenges and chose to go to the bottom on the Ladder once the reset is done.

If he is still serving his suspension when Ladder v4.0 starts, he will email me his challenges and games...I'll then post them here so there is a valid record of it.
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby MGSteve on Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:19 am

MGSteve wrote:
MGSteve wrote:Elric has spanked me again though I am trouncing him in the 3rd game. So.... howz bouts I challenge the ever tough tamaynet before the reset? Game 15685264 & Game 15685267

This one's gonna be delayed a bit while tam's travelling. I'll just leave em up and you can join when you get back, tam. Pw, as always, is ladder.

Since tam was unable to accept due to traveling and no wifi, I've dropped the games and the challenge. Mix it up!
Lieutenant MGSteve

Postby celliottii on Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:33 am

MGSteve wrote:
MGSteve wrote:

Since tam was unable to accept due to traveling and no wifi, I've dropped the games and the challenge. Mix it up!

Ok...I had to record this as a forfeit in your favor since Tam was unable to accept the challenge and I can't find a note from him about needing to go on hiatus.

Ladder is updated...
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ElricTheGreat on Sun Jun 07, 2015 11:44 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:So I have made it to June 1st with nobody else calling dibs ... so if I can banish t4 I get the honor of sitting atop the ladder as we get shufflled into oblivion?

I pulled it off ... won the rubber match to take the series 2v1
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:25 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:
ElricTheGreat wrote:So I have made it to June 1st with nobody else calling dibs ... so if I can banish t4 I get the honor of sitting atop the ladder as we get shufflled into oblivion?

Congratulations! I've updated the Ladder for you... =D> =D> =D> =D>
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:43 am

Ladder Reset II is currently under way!!!

The SoC 1v1 Ladder v3.0 is currently being reset. ALL current matches will continue (please report results), but no new challenges will be accepted.

Ladder Reset II will consist of two games on the Classic map with the following settings: Terminator, Automatic, Sequential, Flat Rate, Chained, Foggy, No Trench, 20 Round limit.

ElricTheGreat will send out game invites later on today. The title will be, ""SoC 1v1 Ladder Reset II"...the password is: ladder (no caps)

The following players have chosen to go into the mixer and have been randomly chosen to play in the following games:

Game 1 - Game 15714015

t4mcr53s2 - 6th Place
torres44cm - 2nd Place
macbone - 3rd Place
ben.cleuch - 1st Place
celliottii - 5th place
mackadoo - 4th Place

Game 2 - Game 15713957

ElricTheGreat - 4th Place
Charle - 5th Place
dhallmeyer - 6th Place
General Roy - 2nd Place
gsolo19564 - 1st Place
celliottii - filler - 3rd place - does not count for standings.

Game 3 - Game 15714007

MGSteve - 6th Place
General Bax - 3rd Place
Captn B - 5th Place
russde - 4th Place
ganguscalm - 1st Place
Lord Arioch - 2nd Place

Please accept your game invite as soon as possible. I will post the game numbers as soon as I get them from ETG.

Game 2 rosters will be announced and started once all of Game 1 is completed.

Tie-breakers for Game 1 are as follows:
a) Number of terts
b) Number of troops
c) Number of bonus regions (there are six bonus regions in Classic...all count as 1 point for the tie-breaker)

The following players have chosen to start Ladder v4.0 at the bottom: iAmCaffeine (very bottom)...tamaynet... Doc Brown...Philbro...Dukasaur.

That should cover everything. I'll announce the changes to Ladder v4.0 later on today.

As always, thank you for your support, participation, and patience with me and the SoC 1v1 Ladder.

Chuck
celliottii
Last edited by celliottii on Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:58 am, edited 7 times in total.
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:07 am

Hey Guys,

I meant to include this with the PM and the post, but here is the reason I (and I alone) chose the settings for the two Reset games:

Terminator: I wanted everyone to be able to gain points from their games...not have a winner take all.

Automatic: obvious reasons...I wanted the computer to randomly choose your starting points.

Sequential: obvious reason...

Flat Rate: In an escalating game, it is too easy to win the game by having 30+ troops to deploy. I wanted the games to be based on strategy, as if we were in a 1v1 game, so I chose the Flat Rate.

Foggy: Again, I wanted the games to be based on strategy. If you knew were everyone was at, it would be easier to pick off opponents.

Chained Forts: unlimited would make for super big stacks and take away from the strategic value.

No Trench: obvious reason...the games would take forever.

20 Round Limit: We need to have these games finished sooner than later. I'm sure everyone wants to get the new Ladder up and running as soon as possible.

I did confer with my "counsel" on this, but I made the ultimate decision. I went back to what Risk and CC are all about...strategy. It is easy to wipe out an opponent with large stacks of troops based on an escalating bonus rate...or to be able to see where your opponents have their troops...or to be able to move your troops all over the map in the blink of an eye.

In my opinion, by reducing the bonus troop count, being unable to see where everyone is, and by limiting your troop fortifications, your true strategic merit will come out and we can have players placed at their "legitimate" rank in the new ladder.

Chuck
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ben.cleuch on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:13 pm

Just back from my hols is it to late to go in the mix? Please put me as active again.
Thanks
ben.cleuch
Sergeant 1st Class ben.cleuch

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:12 pm

ben.cleuch wrote:Just back from my hols is it to late to go in the mix? Please put me as active again.
Thanks
ben.cleuch

Whew! That actually helps me...for info to follow shortly...

Chuck
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:27 pm

I'm calling an audible here...sorry

Since Colton24 and chris.yfc have not been active in Conquer Club for over thirty days, we are removing them from the reset. You will still be playing a 6 player game.

ben.cleuch is back from his holiday and is replacing chris.yfc.

I will be taking a second spot replacing colton24...this is NOT my official spot for Ladder Reset II. This is simply a filler to keep the games even.

I've updated the above Roster with your new game...and Elric will be sending out invites shortly.

My apologies for this hiccup...

Chuck
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:42 pm

in our war of 1812 (that american history , look up when the battle of New Orleans was foughtt) I held off Ganguscalm's challenge 3-0 thanks to help from Jean LaFitte
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Major t4mcr53s2

Postby celliottii on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:44 pm

t4mcr53s2 wrote:in our war of 1812 (that american history , look up when the battle of New Orleans was foughtt) I held off Ganguscalm's challenge 3-0 thanks to help from Jean LaFitte

Cool...Got the match recorded for you...
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby MGSteve on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:16 pm

Excellent choices for the reset, Chuck! =D> =D> =D> =D> :D :D :mrgreen: Very well planned and thought out except for 1 tiny little thing: Game 15714007 has 7 spots and 6 players. You wanna jump in and take that spot before some noob BM sits down? Good Luck to everyone in the reset mixer! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Lieutenant MGSteve

Postby ElricTheGreat on Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:37 pm

MGSteve wrote:Excellent choices for the reset, Chuck! =D> =D> =D> =D> :D :D :mrgreen: Very well planned and thought out except for 1 tiny little thing: Game 15714007 has 7 spots and 6 players. You wanna jump in and take that spot before some noob BM sits down? Good Luck to everyone in the reset mixer! =D> =D> =D> =D>

thanks for letting us know ... invite has been resent to Captn B
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:59 am

Society of Cooks 1v1 Ladder v4.0...cha-cha-cha-changes...

ok, everyone...here are the new changes for the Ladder once Ladder Reset II is complete.

1. All matches will now be on Random maps. Each player can choose the settings for their home map. The settings for the third game will remain as Automatic, Sequential, Escalating, Chained, Sunny, No Trench, No Turn Limit.

2. Players can now challenge up to FIVE rungs above them, not three. DIBS has been extended to the Top 6.

3. Players will no longer lose a rung if they challenge a player and lose. This has been in the rules, but was never enforced.

4. Polymorph games will be allowed with the following restrictions: No 4v4 poly games, no trench games, must be played on a Random map.

5. 12 Hour Fog Courtesy - The first player in a foggy game must either A) wait 12 hours for the opponent to get a snapshot; or B) post in the game chat what their first move was. This only applies for the first move of the game.

Here are some explanations on the new changes:

1. The Ladder was originally designed to help players gain experience in 1v1 games on a variety of maps. We (the Counsel) have seen too many players set up games on the maps they are best at (I'm guilty), thereby giving them an "advantage" over that map/game. We want to see all players learn on a variety of maps to help improve their 1v1 skills.

2. We have started seeing some congestion in the Ladder where bottlenecks occur. By allowing you a larger number of opponents to choose from, "should" help alleviate this.

3. Polymorph games - I got a ton of requests for this ever since the Ladder was first created. You asked for it and you got it...just no 4v4 poly or trench games please.

4. 12 Hour Fog Courtesy - There has always been an "unwritten rule" about this throughout Conquer Club. It's observed in various clan wars, some tourneys, and overall game play. We are adding this courtesy rule to our format as well.

I will be making the changes to the rules here shortly.

Chuck
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Lord Arioch on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 am

Good work man! 8-)
Captain Lord Arioch

Postby celliottii on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:25 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:

by the way, Elric....you did see Rule #83, right?? :lol: :D :lol: :D
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds