Conquer Club

Thailand

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Thailand [GP][GX][XML][BETA]

Postby ender516 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:25 pm

grifftron wrote:@ender

are you saying you want me to take BKK off the abrv key?

No, no. It would be odd not to have both abbreviations there. Someone who is only trying to find out what an abbreviation stands for, apart from its association with an airport, may notice the Region Abbreviations legend first, and we don't want to confuse or disappoint them. I just appreciate the extra convenience of putting the BKK in the Airport Connections legend. I'm happy with that. :)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby pamoa on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:52 pm

grifftron wrote:...what did you think of the HTMS key?

what the use of saying HTMS is HTMS
Idon't get it
De gueules Ć  la tour d'argent ouverte, crĆ©nelĆ©e de trois piĆØces, sommĆ©e d'un donjon ajourĆ©, crĆ©nelĆ© de deux piĆØces
Gules an open tower silver, crenellated three parts, topped by a apertured turret, crenellated two parts
Cadet pamoa

Postby grifftron on Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:26 pm

pamoa wrote:
grifftron wrote:...what did you think of the HTMS key?

what the use of saying HTMS is HTMS
Idon't get it

I don't it either, ask whats his face... I want to take it off
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Predatorius on Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:28 am

grifftron wrote:
Predatorius wrote:Minor suggestion: I would rename 'HTMS Chakri Narubet' to 'Royal Thai Navy' or similar. Most people would have no idea where to look for that territory, but if you name it somehting with 'navy' or 'fleet' or whatever in the name then people know to look in the blue stuff. ;)

Its called the HTMS.. Its the only Thai navy ship Thailand has i believe... it is called what it is called, look at pearl harbor, i am not very good with the names of all the boats but sometimes you just have to take a second and look where the terts are... just my opinion..

It's the only aircraft carrier Thailand has, but the Thai navy of course has many ships: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai ... nt_Vessels

BTW, I live in Chiang Mai too! Small world.

FarangDemon wrote:I think actually every flight from Chiang Mai to Phuket goes through Bangkok. I think almost every domestic flight in Thailand goes to Bangkok. One exception is Chiang Mai to Mae Hong Son.

Wait.. in military conquest I don't think you're limited to taking scheduled airline flights. ;) I'm just being pedantic here, I think gameplay should decide this one. Do however note that Air Asia flies Chiang Mai - Phuket and back. (Also there are several other minor routes that don't connect in Bangkok, like between Chiang Mai and the North East, or between Phuket and Samui, etc. Again, just being pedantic and I don' think it matters where commercial airlines fly. :geek: )
Major Predatorius

Postby grifftron on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:35 pm

I do like how everything is centered around BKK (including the flights)... because BKK is massive, and you living in CM cannot deny the smallness of CM compared to BKK.. and CM is the next largest city in Thailand!
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Mar 23, 2011 10:10 pm

Click image to enlarge.

Any other changes? I took the HTMS key off, just too much i think, not needed..

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby anamainiacks on Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:15 pm

Hey hey, just a regular CC player here.

Could the river between Sukhothai and Uttaradit be made clearer please? Right now the colour just blends in and looks like a normal border, so my partner and I never realised we couldn't make an attack through there. Something could be done to make it more contrasting.

Thanks!
Colonel anamainiacks

Postby MrBenn on Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:56 pm

Did the legend need changing on both size maps?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby grifftron on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:52 pm

anamainiacks wrote:Hey hey, just a regular CC player here.

Could the river between Sukhothai and Uttaradit be made clearer please? Right now the colour just blends in and looks like a normal border, so my partner and I never realised we couldn't make an attack through there. Something could be done to make it more contrasting.

Thanks!

Yeah OK, look at the maps below, i made it more clear on the smaller map, large was OK i felt...

Both maps have been updated, if these check out can we get them loaded up!?

Big
Click image to enlarge.

Small
Click image to enlarge.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MrBenn on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:52 pm

Once those images have been uploaded, I expect it won't be long before the boat is pushed out properly :P
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Riskismy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:56 pm

Hey,

I have experienced an oddity that may stem from my monitor or other personal settings, or maybe from faulty XML. I'm not at all sure, but I'd like to clear it up in either case.

I took a screenshot from the game:

Now, since I'm not sure whether it's on my end, I'm uncertain what you see here - but what *I* see is that Tak and Khanch is held by Orange. As it turns out, Tak is held by Red! Review the game log if you wish. Game 8730927. Shot was taken at round 5, red to play.

I can tell to perfection that red is holding the lower 3 territories in yellow area, but Tak looks like some sort of mix between orange and red - certainly it does not stand out as much as with the lower territories.

What could be the cause of this?
Am I going selectively colourblind?!? :shock:
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby ender516 on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:17 pm

If by Khanch you mean Kanchanaburi, then I see that as the only orange troop number, while Sukhothai is blue, Uthai Thani is cyan, and the rest are red. Do you have some colour burn-in on your screen? Try scrolling. And when in doubt, use the colour codes. I have no colour blindness, but I use them all the time to counter the problems of contrast on some colours on some maps. You won't mistake "r3" for "o3".

Postby Riskismy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:33 pm

I might just to that, but I think many maps end up looking very cluttered with them on.

So, if I might trouble you - could you follow the link and view the game with your own settings and tell me who appears to hold the 'Tak' territory?

Thanks in advance!
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby Leehar on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:56 pm

Riskismy wrote:I might just to that, but I think many maps end up looking very cluttered with them on.

So, if I might trouble you - could you follow the link and view the game with your own settings and tell me who appears to hold the 'Tak' territory?

Thanks in advance!

Yup, I see both as red (your image and in-game)
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby MrBenn on Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:01 pm

It looks like selective colour-blindness...
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby natty dread on Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:15 pm

I also see it as red.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby grifftron on Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:01 pm

MrBenn wrote:Once those images have been uploaded, I expect it won't be long before the boat is pushed out properly :P

Hope so MB 8-)

Riskismy wrote:I might just to that, but I think many maps end up looking very cluttered with them on.

Thanks in advance!

I see red in all except for your little 1 too... sorry about the color blind thing, i don't know what the percentage is in the world of color blind people but its gotta be up there.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Riskismy on Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 pm

No apologies needed. I'm not colourblind. The other red territories looked just fine and clear to me.
I just don't understand where the diff in colours stems from. Perhaps I'm just colourfully optimistic.
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby Tigerbeard on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:10 am

grifftron wrote:

Thanks!

Yeah OK, look at the maps below, i made it more clear on the smaller map, large was OK i felt...

Big
Click image to enlarge.

Small
Click image to enlarge.

-griff

I'm afraid it's still not clear. I just made the same mistake playing on the large map. I came here to suggest a change and found these posts.
My eyes are good, my screen is awesome and I've been studying/strategising over that part of the map for a day or two!

It's easy to see once you find out it's there, but you don't spot it beforehand. :(

Looking closely at both images here, I think it's clearer on the small map because it is thicker than the regular border. Perhaps that can also be done with the big map?
Sergeant Tigerbeard

Postby grifftron on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:08 am

Tigerbeard wrote:
grifftron wrote:

Thanks!

Big
Click image to enlarge.

Small
Click image to enlarge.

-griff

I'm afraid it's still not clear. I just made the same mistake playing on the large map. I came here to suggest a change and found these posts.
My eyes are good, my screen is awesome and I've been studying/strategising over that part of the map for a day or two!

It's easy to see once you find out it's there, but you don't spot it beforehand. :(

Looking closely at both images here, I think it's clearer on the small map because it is thicker than the regular border. Perhaps that can also be done with the big map?

OK, i made it a little wider and darkened it a pinch... hope it works good.

Click image to enlarge.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:10 am

Updated first post with recent map updates.

*crosses fingers for hundredth time*
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Hlodowig on Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi!

First I want to congratulate you for this map, good job!
I have a question as I'm playing with it on one of my games:
I'm holding Chiang Mai and Phuket, Bkk is still neutral.
The problem is: I cannot reinforce my troup from Phuket to Chiang Mai, even if they both have airport conenction. Is it normal? Do I need to have bkk to do it?
Sorry if it's a basic rule or already answered question

Thanks
Corporal 1st Class Hlodowig

Postby ender516 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:35 pm

Reinforcement only occurs along assault routes between and through regions (territories) that you hold. Phuket cannot assault Chiang Mai directly, so you cannot reinforce that way. If you held BKK, which can be assaulted by Phuket and which assaults Chiang Mai, you could reinforce that way (assuming chained or unlimited reinforcements: it's too far for adjacent reinforcements).

In team games, you can reinforce a teammate's region if it is immediately adjacent to a region of yours that has the troops or that you can reinforce. You cannot reinforce through a teammate's region. So if a teammate held BKK, you could reinforce it from Phuket, but not Chiang Mai.

Postby TheSaxlad on Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:04 am

The Clickable Map regions are off left, on the writing rather than the troop numbers.
Image Caution: playing team games with TheSaxlad can lead to shortness of breath, high blood pressure and other-stress related illnesses!

Visit CC on Facebook and Twitter!
Corporal TheSaxlad

Postby grifftron on Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:22 am

TheSaxlad wrote:The Clickable Map regions are off left, on the writing rather than the troop numbers.

who fixes that?
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas