Conquer Club

Montreal Map [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Montreal Map [Done]

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Wow. I had not noticed it had previously been revamped. Well, my statement still stands. Really think there could be a Quebecois identity and a French flavor to it. Maybe a black/grey/blue/white color scheme... some fleur de lis... pull out some architecture... just give it a real middle-of-winter night-time feel to it. That's what I think of when I think of Montreal, anyway. I'm not knocking the original graphics or revamp, but I know we have mapmakers who can significantly improve this one.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:41 pm

The original graphics deserve some knocking (sorry rocksolid, wherever you are). I think there are maps I'd rather see get revamp in front of this one, but it is probably on the list somewhere.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Peter Gibbons on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:20 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:The original graphics deserve some knocking (sorry rocksolid, wherever you are). I think there are maps I'd rather see get revamp in front of this one, but it is probably on the list somewhere.

--Andy

I just noticed that rocksolid still has premium, but hasn't played a game in nearly 4 years. That seems really odd.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby DiM on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:27 pm

Peter Gibbons wrote:
AndyDufresne wrote:The original graphics deserve some knocking (sorry rocksolid, wherever you are). I think there are maps I'd rather see get revamp in front of this one, but it is probably on the list somewhere.

--Andy

I just noticed that rocksolid still has premium, but hasn't played a game in nearly 4 years. That seems really odd.

why odd.

i left CC for nearly 3 years and when i came back i still was a premium :)
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:32 pm

chapcrap wrote:
Gilligan wrote:Please make Downtown a starting neutral.

That is all.

It also needs to have the bonus in the upper left with three territories not be able to be dropped.

We will look into making Downtown a starting neutral if the community is ok with it. As far as the 3 region +1, there is a 3.25% chance that a player in 2 or 3 player game drops that bonus. While the ideal is <2.75%, it' does not appear to be that big of an issue.
Captain nolefan5311

Re: montreal

Postby Peter Gibbons on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:13 pm

Peter Gibbons wrote:
Falkomagno wrote:that maps needs a revamp. is not at the same level as the others

I know this post is old, but I'm going to agree here. Of all the maps I like to play due to gameplay, this one has the worst graphics. If someone really went to town, so to speak, with a French/Quebecois theme/color scheme, I think this could be a beautiful map. To be honest, I wish that this had been a graphics contest ahead of North America. But I understand that's more popular.

Is there a way to petition for a contest, other than collecting posts here? I assume it needs approval from the mapmaker...?

With the push toward doing the "Classic Cities" maps, is there a way forward with a revamp here? I might be a lone soldier, but I think this is one of the best gameplay maps on the site but is so ugly at the moment. Some fleurs-de-lis, a snowy backdrop, a stark black/blue/grey/white color scheme... this could be a wonderful map. I have the concept in my head, I just have no talent to execute.
Major Peter Gibbons

Postby ooge on Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:12 am

I avoid Montreal because of the game play issues,downtown should be neutral or eliminated as a bonus altogether,because if it is neutral then no one would bother with the Ville-marie bonus. also ike-Bizzard is a problem as well
Captain ooge

Previous

Return to The Atlas