Conquer Club

Clandemonium [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Chaos Map

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

nagerous wrote:
grifftron wrote:
jpcloet wrote:

nagerous wrote:Seriously? What a snub? We're doing better than THOTA in the clan league so what the hell?

I believe Blitz pulled the names from the last clan war finals, we will have to be more clear on this so all clans understand where these top 18 are coming from. Blitz please post a link next time for all to look at... And remember, if your clan wasn't in the top 18, then perhaps when the next final is over and you do place in the top 18, this map could possibly be edited to always have the top 18 on the map (but would have to be editable after the brackets for the clans are finalized of course). I liked this idea when it was mentioned... hope others do too... if not let me know other ideas for this as many clans will be upset about not being on it, but there has to be a cut off somewhere...

edit: here is that list from the CLA Clan rankings
viewtopic.php?f=441&t=100947

Yeah no.9 lol

and speak to fruitcake about this.

you can have fruitcake post in here yes or no if you want to be added
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 pm

jiminski wrote:whatever you chaps think.. how will 18/16 clans work though? will it be a couple of territories for each or something?

I think this is a nice idea but it is in danger of merely becoming an unplayable 'concept map' bogged down by politics, 'history' and ego.

haha i suppose it was inevitable! however how about we try to make a really nice map with good gameplay? I think territories of 1 or 2 per bonus/clan area may be poor on gameplay unless you can come up with a new and inventive game-style. (i can't see how the proposed map draft addresses the new quantity of clans or territory limitations.)

If not perhaps, if we are only having 2-4 territories each clan of 16-18, it would be better to have a standard gameplay by amalgamating some clans with others into a variety of sized bonus areas.

ok jimbo, thx, we can look at this, anything to help this along would be great.

griff, I added a poll like you suggested of 8, 12, 16, or 18 clans, vote once.

out of the 16 listed here

thota-the horsemen of the apocalypse--want on the map-1
tsm-the spanking monkis-want on the map-2
IA-immortal assassins-want on the map-3
Kort-knights of the round table-want on the map-4
empire-want on the map-5
AOD-angels of death-want on the map-6
LOW-legends of war-want on the map-7
Nem-nemesis-want on the map-8
L4D-left 4 dead-want on the map-9
ID-imperial dragoons-want on the map-10
Legion-want on the map-11
O+H-outlaws and highway men-want on the map-12
Tofu-the odd fellows union-want on the map-13
Bss-black sheep squadron-want on the map-14
BpB-bullet proof bandits-not sure yet, so questionable???

I took gen1 off due to bones post on not interested and BpB has not confirmed.

so, we have 14 clans currently right now and EE, VDLL (need permission) and Brethren all want on, if we add them, that would make 17, if Bpb are not interested, if BpB are, then 18.
Last edited by Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 pm

the next thing to do would be to vote on the clans if a majority does come out 8 or 12, however, 1st things 1st.
General Blitzaholic

Postby AAFitz on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 pm

more the merrier I say.. and as someone else suggested.. the names can change as the clans change, and we can have our very own fluid map that changes with CC

I would think it would also have to spark some more interest in clan participation among players after seeing the clans on an actual map.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby jefjef on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:42 pm

If using 18 is a lot too crowded for bonus regions for each you could have castles like feudal with a non clan bonus regions to fight over. Instead of castles though you could use Shacks. The backwoods Tennessee/Arkansas type. Auto deploys on shacks type of game.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Lubawski on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:44 pm

I don't mean to be a dick about this, but this is supposed to be a tribute to clans. While there are plenty of good up and coming new clans, they come and go quickly. I think putting groups that are not proven on this list is a mistake. Let's stick with those who have been around for a while and have proven themselves. Others will rise, and a later version (clan homage, but different style) can be made with clans that are not on this original. Putting too many clans on the map will destroy it's playability in my opinion. There is a max of 8 players in a game, and while having perhaps 10 starting spots could make a foggy game a lot of fun, having 16 makes the map a joke.
Colonel Lubawski

Postby nikola_milicki on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Clans are important part of this site, this map shud be huge and have as many clans as possible, Im sure even those who aint really interested in their clan being on it will change their minds when it goes beta
Colonel nikola_milicki

Postby Chuuuuck on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:54 pm

I think obviously 18 is going to win this vote because you have 10 clans from 8 to 18 that wouldn't be on there that are all going to vote to make it 18. I don't care if it is left necessarily at 8. But I don't think any clans should be on there that you feel there is ANY POSSIBILITY whatsoever, that they won't be a clan anymore in a year or 2. If you expand it to 18 there are too many clans on there that don't play enough and have memberships that care at times and don't care at other times. That sets the map up to be a failure. I think for the most part if you keep 8 on there. Those 8 clans will be around and respected for a while, making the map much better.
Captain Chuuuuck

Postby Big Yuma Ripper on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:58 pm

Lubawski wrote:I don't mean to be a dick about this, but this is supposed to be a tribute to clans. While there are plenty of good up and coming new clans, they come and go quickly. I think putting groups that are not proven on this list is a mistake. Let's stick with those who have been around for a while and have proven themselves. Others will rise, and a later version (clan homage, but different style) can be made with clans that are not on this original. Putting too many clans on the map will destroy it's playability in my opinion. There is a max of 8 players in a game, and while having perhaps 10 starting spots could make a foggy game a lot of fun, having 16 makes the map a joke.

I tend to agree with this....only the proven clans should be here. But one thing to consider is that if a clan does die out I don't think i would be to hard for the map maker to change a name on the map to a new and up coming clan.?

One thing before i vote is Blitz what about a list stating how many territories it would give each clan with 10 clans, 12,13,14 and so on? That would be helpful to know?

Hmm that gives me another idea, WHAT about this "IF" the names could be changed at any time why no make it a challenge to earn your spot there! Just for example say you make it 10 clans for the map...Go to the clan ladder standings, If your on the top 10 list then you earned your spot? Fall from 10 to 11 and you get bumped off! Earn it guys no freebies =D> Put it in the heading "Earn your spot on CC's top clan map" Fight your way on! It might make some of the smaller/newer clans actually fight there way better? Maybe not update it every week but set a time, maybe every qtr. or something like that? Just an idea guys see what you think about it. Of course the load will be on whom ever changes the names? Think you guys can handle that ;)
BYR
Colonel Big Yuma Ripper

Postby skillfull on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:02 pm

I agree with Lubawski on this, I voted "8" for the same reasons.
Brigadier skillfull

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:05 pm

AAFitz wrote:more the merrier I say.. and as someone else suggested.. the names can change as the clans change, and we can have our very own fluid map that changes with CC

I would think it would also have to spark some more interest in clan participation among players after seeing the clans on an actual map.

great idea fitzy
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:05 pm

Big Yuma Ripper wrote:
Lubawski wrote:I don't mean to be a dick about this, but this is supposed to be a tribute to clans. While there are plenty of good up and coming new clans, they come and go quickly. I think putting groups that are not proven on this list is a mistake. Let's stick with those who have been around for a while and have proven themselves. Others will rise, and a later version (clan homage, but different style) can be made with clans that are not on this original. Putting too many clans on the map will destroy it's playability in my opinion. There is a max of 8 players in a game, and while having perhaps 10 starting spots could make a foggy game a lot of fun, having 16 makes the map a joke.

I tend to agree with this....only the proven clans should be here. But one thing to consider is that if a clan does die out I don't think i would be to hard for the map maker to change a name on the map to a new and up coming clan.?

One thing before i vote is Blitz what about a list stating how many territories it would give each clan with 10 clans, 12,13,14 and so on? That would be helpful to know?

Hmm that gives me another idea, WHAT about this "IF" the names could be changed at any time why no make it a challenge to earn your spot there! Just for example say you make it 10 clans for the map...Go to the clan ladder standings, If your on the top 10 list then you earned your spot? Fall from 10 to 11 and you get bumped off! Earn it guys no freebies =D> Put it in the heading "Earn your spot on CC's top clan map" Fight your way on! It might make some of the smaller/newer clans actually fight there way better? Maybe not update it every week but set a time, maybe every qtr. or something like that? Just an idea guys see what you think about it. Of course the load will be on whom ever changes the names? Think you guys can handle that ;)
BYR

That is an interesting idea
General Blitzaholic

Postby jiminski on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:08 pm

yeas, i very much agree, the idea of competition for territories would take away the perception of intransigent exclusivity and elitism.. it would also get everyone involved ...
..It may not be feasible however.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:25 pm

Knight2254 wrote:
will you try to take over "Pinnacle" for its awesome auto deploy? or will you just sit in your clans continent like
a big baby? The choice is yours!

Greatest.... quote.... ever

that was a good one :lol:
General Blitzaholic

Postby MarVal on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 pm

First of all, great idea of yours, Blitz =D>

I don't know if it is already mention ones, but maybe an idea of having a Clan Director spot in the map that maybe can downgrade or upgrade your army bonus or something similar. Just a thought.

I have chosen 18 clans, but we will see what the majority likes best.

Is Clan Chaos map the "working" name or "final" name for this map?
    What about the name: Battle of mighty Clans

Again, great work and fantastic idea, Blitz!

Grtz
MarVal
Last edited by MarVal on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Image highest score: 2157 (Major) / Verd ori'shya beskar'gam
ImageImage
Corporal MarVal

Postby freakns on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:26 pm

jiminski wrote:heheh Blitzy will even learn how to make maps to get a medal!

my thoughts exactly :lol:

Chuuuuck wrote:I think obviously 18 is going to win this vote because you have 10 clans from 8 to 18 that wouldn't be on there that are all going to vote to make it 18. I don't care if it is left necessarily at 8. But I don't think any clans should be on there that you feel there is ANY POSSIBILITY whatsoever, that they won't be a clan anymore in a year or 2. If you expand it to 18 there are too many clans on there that don't play enough and have memberships that care at times and don't care at other times. That sets the map up to be a failure. I think for the most part if you keep 8 on there. Those 8 clans will be around and respected for a while, making the map much better.

well, this just gives us another Feudal map with different names... and thats not the idea im found of...

anyhow, to strike a bit different approach.
first of all, i like the idea. very... very much. and it is obvious that most of the clans would like to get in. so, why not go for as much clans as you can, and just apply different settings? for example, put aside whole feudal thing, make map where every territory would have clan warchief, clan leader and clan members. in the middle you can make something like round table where all the clan leaders are sitting, and bonuses will be held if you have all 3 territories from same clan... so if you have 20 clans, it wouldve been 60 territories, etc, etc... i know this is prolly stupid proposal, but its just that you dont need to go along feudal settings, and maybe try out something new... this way you would just make same map with different names ;)
Brigadier freakns

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:42 pm

MarVal wrote:First of all, great idea of yours, Blitz =D>

I don't know if it is already mention ones, but maybe an idea of having a Clan Director spot in the map that maybe can downgrade or upgrade your army bonus or something similar. Just a thought.

I have chosen 18 clans, but we will see what the majority likes best.

Is Clan Chaos map the "working" name or "final" name for this map?
    What about the name: Battle of mighty Clans

Again, great work and fantastic idea, Blitz!

Grtz
MarVal

thx a lot marval, I think if it gets approved and we move to this, I would need you or jpcloet to assist in this.

also, the name Clan Chaos is not finalized and is open for discussion as well as all else on this map.

I could make a future poll after this one on names of map most people would like, so far it is clan chaos or battle of mighty clans, or world clan domination. I will talk to griff and see what he thinks, if any others think they have a better name for it, please post. and thank you =D>
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:48 pm

freakns wrote:
jiminski wrote:heheh Blitzy will even learn how to make maps to get a medal!

my thoughts exactly :lol:

Chuuuuck wrote:I think obviously 18 is going to win this vote because you have 10 clans from 8 to 18 that wouldn't be on there that are all going to vote to make it 18. I don't care if it is left necessarily at 8. But I don't think any clans should be on there that you feel there is ANY POSSIBILITY whatsoever, that they won't be a clan anymore in a year or 2. If you expand it to 18 there are too many clans on there that don't play enough and have memberships that care at times and don't care at other times. That sets the map up to be a failure. I think for the most part if you keep 8 on there. Those 8 clans will be around and respected for a while, making the map much better.

well, this just gives us another Feudal map with different names... and thats not the idea im found of...

anyhow, to strike a bit different approach.
first of all, i like the idea. very... very much. and it is obvious that most of the clans would like to get in. so, why not go for as much clans as you can, and just apply different settings? for example, put aside whole feudal thing, make map where every territory would have clan warchief, clan leader and clan members. in the middle you can make something like round table where all the clan leaders are sitting, and bonuses will be held if you have all 3 territories from same clan... so if you have 20 clans, it wouldve been 60 territories, etc, etc... i know this is prolly stupid proposal, but its just that you dont need to go along feudal settings, and maybe try out something new... this way you would just make same map with different names ;)

It is kind of like an 8 thought feudal map with a twist, I think each clan has a bombardment area where they could hit any clan on the map or at least one of their territories, not just the one adjacent to it. I may need to check with griff for clarification on this.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:50 pm

if the voting is real close between 8 and 18, we may need to meet in the middle to somewhat please everyone, which could be 12 or a dozen.
General Blitzaholic

Postby skeletonboy on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:51 pm

Seems like it will be either 8 or 18, I think that 8 is perfect because everyone could get 1 continant on an 8 player game. 18 is way too many.
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:52 pm

skeletonboy wrote:Seems like it will be either 8 or 18, I think that 8 is perfect because everyone could get 1 continant on an 8 player game. 18 is way too many.

that makes sense, although we would like a little more, making it playable and reasonable is more important.
General Blitzaholic

Postby MTIceman41 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:25 pm

Very cool idea Blitz, I like it....I voted 12 but I think 8-14 is acceptable..

But I would like Mythology to be considered as well :D
Brigadier MTIceman41

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:16 pm

MTIceman41 wrote:Very cool idea Blitz, I like it....I voted 12 but I think 8-14 is acceptable..

But I would like Mythology to be considered as well :D

thx for your vote
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:17 pm

jpcloet wrote:As previously attempted by myself, here are my suggestions:

Be more generic: Clan Leader, War Minister etc.

Use ladders as connectors, other divisors other than mountains, you'll need to get really creative here.

If they have problems with names etc. Make sure that the map file is available and authorized for future changes.....(we can get around the name issue quite easily) although the xml will also need to change all the time as well too......

Is there anyway you could show me a pic of what this may look like, sorry, I am a visual learner and have to see it. I respect your input a lot. This may help aid us in getting this approved.
General Blitzaholic

Postby skeletonboy on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Have you considered a fuedel style only start with the castle or whatever it is in the middle and all else are neutrals?
Sergeant skeletonboy

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas