Conquer Club

Clandemonium [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Clan Chaos Map

Postby skeletonboy on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:06 am

You should go back to the original amount of clans, i think it was 8. It looks a lot more crowded and there arent enough teritoties in each one.
Sergeant skeletonboy

Postby laughingcavalier on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:13 am

Cool, to make bombard = attack.

On 18 clans vrs 8 it's a real problem - all the clans will want to be included, and that will make for more games played on the map, but I think the gameplay may be better with fewer clans. An alternative, if you want 18 clans would be to consider a different bonus structure, for example, +2 for holding all of the 4-tert clan, and +3 for holding all of the 5 tert clan. Also you could get back to haveing the central area all neutral (which I like) by reducing from 18 clans to 16.

I like the idea of having players' names for tert names, and maybe you should only go to using "minister of War" etc if you have really big clan regions with 8-9 terts each and lots of names to find. Beside will be funny watching thota argue over which of their players should get a tert named after them. ;)
Major laughingcavalier

Postby grifftron on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:28 am

laughingcavalier wrote:Cool, to make bombard = attack.

On 18 clans vrs 8 it's a real problem - all the clans will want to be included, and that will make for more games played on the map, but I think the gameplay may be better with fewer clans. An alternative, if you want 18 clans would be to consider a different bonus structure, for example, +2 for holding all of the 4-tert clan, and +3 for holding all of the 5 tert clan. Also you could get back to haveing the central area all neutral (which I like) by reducing from 18 clans to 16.

I like the idea of having players' names for tert names, and maybe you should only go to using "minister of War" etc if you have really big clan regions with 8-9 terts each and lots of names to find. Beside will be funny watching thota argue over which of their players should get a tert named after them. ;)

Yes the portal will for sure be an access point and connecting point to go to and from all other portals, that was the main idea but i made a mistake on the key which i will fix and post on the next map update.

The idea with us making up to 18 clans instead of 8 was to get more clans included. Blitz did take this list of clan names off a certain bracket. So the 18 clans that are on this map are currently the top 18 on CC. And as some people have posted if this map in the future can be edited to go with the times that would be fine, we will see how this goes later. As for me I am in Memento Mori which is a newer clan in our first clan challage (winning by the way), and if we want to get on a map, i understand we have to earn that right and be one of the best which we hope someday to be ;)

I like your idea about putting bonuses for holding the 5 territories for the 8 bigger clans (maybe a +3 or +4 for holding those) and then for the other 10 smaller clans with 4 territories those could be a +1 or +2, and maybe we could get rid of the whole +1 for every 2 territories held idea... please give me more feedback on this idea, and i will see what blitz thinks too.

As for getting rid of the 2 clans in the middle i am not sure about that, as we are intending for this map to start out in "clan homelands" and the rest of the map would be neutral until conquered, not sure if it would be a good or bad idea to take 2 clans off the map and replace them with NM lands... more input on this would be great too.

And THOTA already sent a list of 9 territory names which they seemed to be ok with... but if we cut it down to 5 then it might be interesting to see what the names will be changed too :lol:

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:59 pm

Snowgun wrote:Looking at it some more, the attack routs on the sides, between each realm and the one next to it, could be represented as mountain passes, and would blend nicely into the mountains behind, and maybe a small bit of mountains in front. (behind and front meaning radially in and out).

And the best thing is they could alternate. Some could be land bridges across lakes, some could be mountain passes, some could just be wall fortifications and ramps over them. ect. That way the map doesn't look like a bunch of copy paste. :D

that may be an interesting idea

natty_dread wrote:
I don't really like the idea of a map based on clans, since clans are a transient thing.

Sure they are transient, but so are countries...

Just name it "Clan Chaos 2010" and do a new version after a couple of years. Then it would be like documenting history... But history of CC instead of world affairs ;)

well said
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:06 pm

SuicidalSnowman wrote:I think this is a cool idea. From a purely thematic approach, I agree with JP. I would like to see some of the themes common to ALL clans around here.

Having said that, if you are really aching to get some actual clan names in there, perhaps some of the longest running clans would be a good bet, since those should have the best life.

But I also think this makes a strong argument for building different map skins into the site, allowing for frequent updating of graphics without any other map revisions.

I like the layout so far, and the design. I also like the "build your own bonus" structure. I am also wondering if maybe the portals should not just be bombard but full movement? Just to open things up for smaller games.

Will be following.

thx

jpcloet wrote:I don't have the original design, but I remember one of the map maker regulars suggested I use a neutral area that had 8 thoughts like territs of

Diplomacy, Truce, Agreement (I forget the rest) There were like 8 suggested.

Just some ideas from others...

I wish you could find the original design, that would be sweet
General Blitzaholic

Postby jpcloet on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:20 pm

It would be but I think it was on the computer I wiped clean and gifted to my mom when hers died.

In terms of clan placement (assuming you keep the clans) LOW was created out of LOD (now AOD) so they likely should be closer together as an example.
Sergeant 1st Class jpcloet

Postby nagerous on Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:23 pm

Seriously? What a snub? We're doing better than THOTA in the clan league so what the hell?
Captain nagerous

Postby grifftron on Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 pm

jpcloet wrote:It would be but I think it was on the computer I wiped clean and gifted to my mom when hers died.

In terms of clan placement (assuming you keep the clans) LOW was created out of LOD (now AOD) so they likely should be closer together as an example.

It would have been nice to see yours just to get some more ideas into this map... so that stinks...

as for the clan placement, i think that is a great idea and is easy to change. Any other history of Clans or rivalries? We could place them close to each other. More input please.

nagerous wrote:Seriously? What a snub? We're doing better than THOTA in the clan league so what the hell?

I believe Blitz pulled the names from the last clan war finals, we will have to be more clear on this so all clans understand where these top 18 are coming from. Blitz please post a link next time for all to look at... And remember, if your clan wasn't in the top 18, then perhaps when the next final is over and you do place in the top 18, this map could possibly be edited to always have the top 18 on the map (but would have to be editable after the brackets for the clans are finalized of course). I liked this idea when it was mentioned... hope others do too... if not let me know other ideas for this as many clans will be upset about not being on it, but there has to be a cut off somewhere...

edit: here is that list from the CLA Clan rankings
viewtopic.php?f=441&t=100947
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby BoganGod on Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 am

You have our permission :)
Corporal BoganGod

Postby grifftron on Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:47 am

BoganGod wrote:You have our permission :)

=D>

once we have a pretty solid idea on the game play and where the "clan lands" will all be and how many clans we decide will for sure be on the map (and Blitz gives me the OK) I will start working on the graphics, i know the bright rainbow colors of the version out now are killing peoples eyes but hold with us here as we get the kinks out of the game play and get something down that most agree with first. Comment more on the kind of graphics and artwork you would want to see on the map as well. Helps me a lot when working with the map.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby jiminski on Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:27 am

heheh Blitzy will even learn how to make maps to get a medal!
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:07 am

Ok Griff, here you go with Top Clans on CC, this was based from Jpcloet and Season one and the ranking are that now of season 2 as you can see.

Reserved for Division 1 Standing Tables

Division 1A Standing Tables

Division 1B Standing Tables

These are the clans we should use on the clan map, however, this is the top 16 and some have not given us permission yet, so we had to look elsewhere.

Out of these 16 we need to come up with 16 to 18 clans maybe, if all think 18 is too crowded, maybe we go with these 16, the only reason we went more than 8 was to strengthen our chances of getting possible approval. This does not mean these are the Best 18 clans, it just means these are the clans that happened to be strong at the time and have demonstrated this for some longevity. I an guess at ranking the top 16 clans if you all think 16 fits a little better than 18 due to some of the crowding, we also could add a territory to each clan as well, making it a wince bigger, the original map had 101 territories I believe. Griff, if you see a good suggestion by players on here, you do not need to wait for me, you got the green light to change it and update this. Some of these cc players and staff are much more creative and have more experience then me to making maps, so, I trust them. Go ahead griff and add any changes you read that will enhance this, I will try to list the top 16 clans on CC, JP could come in here and post his view as well and maybe come to a happy medium.
Last edited by Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:11 am

nagerous wrote:Seriously? What a snub? We're doing better than THOTA in the clan league so what the hell?

does BpB give us permission to add you?
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:18 am

here is the 16 clans in no order that I would recommend and go with Griff, if it gives us a little more room on map, see what jp thinks and he is clan director. note:, this may be a little subjective, but, we used some measuring tools for ranks.

thota-the horsemen of the apocalypse
tsm-the spanking monkis
IA-immortal assassins
Kort-knights of the round table
empire
AOD-angels of death
LOW-legends of war
Gen 1
Nem-nemesis
L4D-left 4 dead
ID-imperial dragoons
Legion
O+H-outlaws and highway men
Tofu-the odd fellows union
Bss-black sheep squadron
BpB-bullet proof bandits

if we stay at 18, then EE (eternal empire) and Brethren (which is mermaids) could maybe stay, but 16 clans will give us more space, and if you add 17, 18, 20, etc, it is too much and you have so many clans that could argue being 17, 18, 20, etc, so 16 may be best and adding 1 territory to each clan and see what that looks like.
General Blitzaholic

Postby grifftron on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:27 am

Thanks Blitz for that update,

we just need to make a solid decision on how many clans we should use and what clans we will use on the map so that i can get a solid map here before we kink out game play and of course get this map looking more better graphically as it looks like cotton candy at the moment. Would be great for everyone interested in this map to post more ideas on this. Maybe Blitz if you could put a poll in for how many clans would be best, 8, 16 or 18. And like I said before i will need the exact list of clans we will use for sure.

-griff
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby grifftron on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:36 am

Blitzaholic wrote:here is the 16 clans in no order that I would recommend and go with Griff, if it gives us a little more room on map, see what jp thinks and he is clan director. note:, this may be a little subjective, but, we used some measuring tools for ranks.

thota-the horsemen of the apocalypse
tsm-the spanking monkis
IA-immortal assassins
Kort-knights of the round table
empire
AOD-angels of death
LOW-legends of war
Gen 1
Nem-nemesis
L4D-left 4 dead
ID-imperial dragoons
Legion
O+H-outlaws and highway men
Tofu-the odd fellows union
Bss-black sheep squadron
BpB-bullet proof bandits

if we stay at 18, then EE (eternal empire) and Brethren (which is mermaids) could maybe stay, but 16 clans will give us more space, and if you add 17, 18, 20, etc, it is too much and you have so many clans that could argue being 17, 18, 20, etc, so 16 may be best and adding 1 territory to each clan and see what that looks like.

You posted before my last post :mrgreen:

Could you possibly put up a poll for a couple days or so and see which is most popular amongst those following this map... 8 clans, 16 clans or 18 clans? I personally like 16 and 18 clans better then the 8 clan idea, gets more names on their and makes the map look a lot different territory wise, but if we did cut down to 16 and opened up NM land for more bonus opportunities i think that would drive people to go towards the middle where their would be a full out war! which we love on CC :lol:
Major grifftron
SoC Training Adviser

Postby nagerous on Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:44 am

grifftron wrote:
jpcloet wrote:

I believe Blitz pulled the names from the last clan war finals, we will have to be more clear on this so all clans understand where these top 18 are coming from. Blitz please post a link next time for all to look at... And remember, if your clan wasn't in the top 18, then perhaps when the next final is over and you do place in the top 18, this map could possibly be edited to always have the top 18 on the map (but would have to be editable after the brackets for the clans are finalized of course). I liked this idea when it was mentioned... hope others do too... if not let me know other ideas for this as many clans will be upset about not being on it, but there has to be a cut off somewhere...

Yeah no.9 lol

and speak to fruitcake about this.
Captain nagerous

Postby jiminski on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:08 am

whatever you chaps think.. how will 18/16 clans work though? will it be a couple of territories for each or something?

I think this is a nice idea but it is in danger of merely becoming an unplayable 'concept map' bogged down by politics, 'history' and ego.

haha i suppose it was inevitable! however how about we try to make a really nice map with good gameplay? I think territories of 1 or 2 per bonus/clan area may be poor on gameplay unless you can come up with a new and inventive game-style. (i can't see how the proposed map draft addresses the new quantity of clans or territory limitations.)

If not perhaps, if we are only having 2-4 territories each clan of 16-18, it would be better to have a standard gameplay by amalgamating some clans with others into a variety of sized bonus areas.
Last edited by jiminski on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lieutenant jiminski

Postby Bones2484 on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:09 am

BPB can have our spot. We didn't say we'd like to participate.

Good luck.
Major Bones2484

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:19 pm

Bones2484 wrote:BPB can have our spot. We didn't say we'd like to participate.

Good luck.

barterer told he in a pm bones that your clan could care less either way, so, we had permission to use you or not, it was optional, I have no problem taking your clan off. ;)
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:20 pm

nagerous wrote:
grifftron wrote:
jpcloet wrote:

Yeah no.9 lol

and speak to fruitcake about this.

you can have fruitcake post in here yes or no if you want to be added
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:25 pm

jiminski wrote:whatever you chaps think.. how will 18/16 clans work though? will it be a couple of territories for each or something?

I think this is a nice idea but it is in danger of merely becoming an unplayable 'concept map' bogged down by politics, 'history' and ego.

haha i suppose it was inevitable! however how about we try to make a really nice map with good gameplay? I think territories of 1 or 2 per bonus/clan area may be poor on gameplay unless you can come up with a new and inventive game-style. (i can't see how the proposed map draft addresses the new quantity of clans or territory limitations.)

If not perhaps, if we are only having 2-4 territories each clan of 16-18, it would be better to have a standard gameplay by amalgamating some clans with others into a variety of sized bonus areas.

ok jimbo, thx, we can look at this, anything to help this along would be great.

griff, I added a poll like you suggested of 8, 12, 16, or 18 clans, vote once.

out of the 16 listed here

thota-the horsemen of the apocalypse--want on the map-1
tsm-the spanking monkis-want on the map-2
IA-immortal assassins-want on the map-3
Kort-knights of the round table-want on the map-4
empire-want on the map-5
AOD-angels of death-want on the map-6
LOW-legends of war-want on the map-7
Nem-nemesis-want on the map-8
L4D-left 4 dead-want on the map-9
ID-imperial dragoons-want on the map-10
Legion-want on the map-11
O+H-outlaws and highway men-want on the map-12
Tofu-the odd fellows union-want on the map-13
Bss-black sheep squadron-want on the map-14
BpB-bullet proof bandits-not sure yet, so questionable???

I took gen1 off due to bones post on not interested and BpB has not confirmed.

so, we have 14 clans currently right now and EE, VDLL (need permission) and Brethren all want on, if we add them, that would make 17, if Bpb are not interested, if BpB are, then 18.
Last edited by Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
General Blitzaholic

Postby Blitzaholic on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:39 pm

the next thing to do would be to vote on the clans if a majority does come out 8 or 12, however, 1st things 1st.
General Blitzaholic

Postby AAFitz on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:41 pm

more the merrier I say.. and as someone else suggested.. the names can change as the clans change, and we can have our very own fluid map that changes with CC

I would think it would also have to spark some more interest in clan participation among players after seeing the clans on an actual map.
I'm Spanking Monkey now....err...I mean I'm a Spanking Monkey now...that shoots milk
Too much. I know.
Sergeant 1st Class AAFitz

Postby jefjef on Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:42 pm

If using 18 is a lot too crowded for bonus regions for each you could have castles like feudal with a non clan bonus regions to fight over. Instead of castles though you could use Shacks. The backwoods Tennessee/Arkansas type. Auto deploys on shacks type of game.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas