Conquer Club

The King's Court [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The King's Court [GP,GX,XML,BETA]

Postby DJENRE on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:46 am

Amazing map. I'll need many games to play it correctly I presume but I'll try again. I'm not sure yet about the best tactic.

Good work
Let me know if you're interested in joining MapMaker Killer.
http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=137470
BIG PRIZES! CSOP Hold'em
YOU LIKE MONOPOLY? PLAY IT on CC => CONQUEROPOLY
YOU'RE A MEDAL HUNTER? HUNT ALL THE MEDALS YOU NEED HERE!
BIG TRIBE TOURNAMENT VI NATIONS 2018
Corporal 1st Class DJENRE

Location: āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ āœŖ

Postby hagardunor on Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 am

i think about a little bug ( Game 8590481 ) i can see the knight from other team but i havent no contact and not another knight archer or catapult...

I can give my ident in MP for a map maker when he want looking that
Cook hagardunor

Postby natty dread on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:00 am

Do you hold the duke?
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby hagardunor on Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:08 am

natty_dread wrote:Do you hold the duke?

oups... yes sorry :oops:
Cook hagardunor

Postby MrBenn on Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:26 pm

MrBenn wrote:
chipv wrote:Ok I have word this change may be a week or so away
The discussion about starting positions and a potential adjustment to the way the xml works is pretty much the only thing keeping this map in Beta. Chip and I have decided to wait a couple of weeks to see if lack can pull a trick out of the bag for us...

I have a feeling that the magic bag has moved a little closer now that the clickable maps update has been made...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby ender516 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:05 pm

Ah, le sac magique, le sac magique! (I can't quite remember what children's program that was from, but it was a British production, so perhaps MrBenn recognizes the reference.)
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Postby knubbel on Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:48 am

Did only read the last 3 pages...
but why are the starting positions so unfair? In some positions there are two villages in some we only have one. starting in a corner is way better. all starting positions should be equal.
Major knubbel

Postby Riskismy on Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:31 pm

Well, it is a really volatile and fast map with troops jumping here and there in no time, so I guess it's not a big deal. That said, I agree with knubbe, V6 should probalby be at F6.
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby MrBenn on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:13 pm

ender516 wrote:Ah, le sac magique, le sac magique! (I can't quite remember what children's program that was from, but it was a British production, so perhaps MrBenn recognizes the reference.)

I'm a tot, Je suis une tot, Tilly Tom and Tiny... da-de-da-da da-de-da-da... One two three.... da-de-da-da da-de-da-da... Tots TV!

In other news, the required XML updated is currently in the testing phase... These are certainly exciting times!
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby snlfam on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:39 am

I have played this map a number of times because I think the design is incredible :mrgreen: ... however, I have also found that the side castles (B,D,F,H) have a distinct disadvantage in that 2 trebuchets can attack them whereas only 1 trebuchet can attack each corner castle. This means that the side castles can be bombarded by 4 catapults through the 2 trebuchets. :( This is compared to 1 trebuchet and 2 catapults for the corner castles. With the auto-deploy of 2 on catapults, players with side castles are extremely vulnerable.

I really hope you can solve this inherent unfairness, because I love everything else about the map. :D
Lieutenant snlfam

Postby Riskismy on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:52 am

I'm of the same opinion. There are some differences between the castles, some of them more serious than others. I'm not quite sure what to do about most of them without re-doing most all of the map - and I don't think they're serious enough to warrant that.

Do you have any suggestions on how to address the issue you brought up?
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby chipv on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:22 pm

LIVE CHANGE

Players can only have a maximum of 2 castles to start with - this will affect 1v1 games where players now get 2 castles instead of 4.
Sergeant 1st Class chipv

Postby natty dread on Tue Mar 29, 2011 2:30 pm

Why hasn't this XML update been announced anywhere?

...oh, I see it just was... silly me.

Postby soundman on Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:47 pm

Several concerns on gameplay have been brought up. Are we going to get any feedback soon?
Lieutenant soundman

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:13 am

snlfam wrote:I have played this map a number of times because I think the design is incredible :mrgreen: ... however, I have also found that the side castles (B,D,F,H) have a distinct disadvantage in that 2 trebuchets can attack them whereas only 1 trebuchet can attack each corner castle. This means that the side castles can be bombarded by 4 catapults through the 2 trebuchets. :( This is compared to 1 trebuchet and 2 catapults for the corner castles. With the auto-deploy of 2 on catapults, players with side castles are extremely vulnerable.

I really hope you can solve this inherent unfairness, because I love everything else about the map. :D

Hi, this was all covered and discussed previously in this thread. Actually I even posted a table where all game-play factors appear:

Click image to enlarge.

there you can see that the Castles bombarded by 4 catapults ( 2 trebuchets) have a slighter advantage, in the total rating, compared to the ones bombarded by 2 (1trebuchet). But to be honest, I must say that I'm not really sure that being able to reach only 1 trebuchet instead of 2 is an advantage - depending on the perspective you might think that's just the opposite. I've felt it quite often when playing this map.
Major Kabanellas

Postby Riskismy on Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:05 pm

Map making made science! Very cool! =D>
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby MrBenn on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:42 pm

Quenching

---The Beta period has concluded for the Kings Court Map. All objections have had their time. The Foundry and I hereby brand this map with the Foundry Brand. Let it be known that this map is now ready to be released into live play.

Congratulations chipv and Kabanellas, your shiny new medals are well-earned =D>

Conquer Club, enjoy!

--MrBenn
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:48 am

Hurraaaa!!!! Pizza party??!!! =D> =D> =D> =D>
Major Kabanellas

Re: The King's Court [Quenched]

Postby Riskismy on Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:22 am

Grats guys! =D>
Very cool map with high re-playability!
Lieutenant Riskismy

Postby JustCallMeStupid on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:57 pm

I will start updating all kinds of bugs on this map. I notice there are a lot of issues on what can attack what. Some knights cant attack archers and adjacent territories cant attack S archers. I assume that S archers can only be attacked by standard archers but I dont know where on the key it says only the archers and fieldmarshall can attack S archers. Right now I am in a game and I have Castle F. I attacked like so F4>N64>K6 after my turn I tried to fortify a couple of units from my castle to K6, but it wasnt allowing me to fortify the units to the knight in the drop down menu.
Major JustCallMeStupid

Postby natty dread on Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:34 am

S archers are impassables.

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:08 pm

JustCallMeStupid wrote:I will start updating all kinds of bugs on this map. I notice there are a lot of issues on what can attack what. Some knights cant attack archers and adjacent territories cant attack S archers. I assume that S archers can only be attacked by standard archers but I dont know where on the key it says only the archers and fieldmarshall can attack S archers. Right now I am in a game and I have Castle F. I attacked like so F4>N64>K6 after my turn I tried to fortify a couple of units from my castle to K6, but it wasnt allowing me to fortify the units to the knight in the drop down menu.

-S archers are mostly placed on impassable ground that's why they can't be assaulted by knights.

-You can read in the bottom-right corner that: Archers,Catapults and Trebuchets(...) are all immune to impassables. That's why Archers can assault other Archers placed on impassables.

-as for this (N65 instead of N64 right?):
I attacked like so F4>N64>K6 after my turn I tried to fortify a couple of units from my castle to K6, but it wasnt allowing me to fortify the units to the knight in the drop down menu
That's strange.... :-s
Major Kabanellas

Postby chapcrap on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:53 pm

JustCallMeStupid wrote:I will start updating all kinds of bugs on this map. I notice there are a lot of issues on what can attack what. Some knights cant attack archers and adjacent territories cant attack S archers. I assume that S archers can only be attacked by standard archers but I dont know where on the key it says only the archers and fieldmarshall can attack S archers. Right now I am in a game and I have Castle F. I attacked like so F4>N64>K6 after my turn I tried to fortify a couple of units from my castle to K6, but it wasnt allowing me to fortify the units to the knight in the drop down menu.

I've played this a ton and noticed no issues.

Except this one: viewtopic.php?f=506&t=144639
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby JustCallMeStupid on Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:54 pm

As i probably dont need to mention, but will, im an idiot sometimes. its adjacent forts..... which sucks and thats why I couldnt fort properly. But I didnt know the S archers were considered impassables so thanks!
Major JustCallMeStupid

Postby Victor Sullivan on Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:44 pm

It's okay, we're just impaired.

-Sully
Corporal Victor Sullivan

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas