Conquer Club

[Capital Competition] Middle Ages

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: [Capital Competition] Middle Ages

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:17 am

thenobodies80 wrote:nolefan5311 has sent this pm to me:

I was thinking...what do you think about modifying your Middle Ages map to limit a max of two palaces per person? This will only affect 2 player games. Right now, in 2 player games, each person starts with 4 palaces, which takes away a lot of strategy because my opponent is on the palaces that I'm not on. With the change, it would be more of a hunt, so to speak. What do you think?

I think that it's a very good idea and I have no problem to change code to allow this. What do you think?

Do it already!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:37 am

Great idea. Lets have it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby iancanton on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:09 am

excellent suggestion.

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby drunkmonkey on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:24 am

I like it.
Major drunkmonkey

Postby greenoaks on Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:52 pm

if place names are listed in alphabetical order in the drop downs, why does Gate D appear before Gate A ?
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby BigFuzzyBunny on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 am

Hey, I am a bit out of the loop, but it looks like you are making efforts to have green more visible on the map. That is fantastic. It is looking good from the last image I saw (but that was a ways back in the thread so it might have been older).

Just so you know, I am a professional designer/web developer and while there is a difference in how PCs render then Macs, it is more based on the monitor and the monitor settings then PC/Mac. Basically both PC owners and Mac owners may have shit monitors (or video cards on the PC since there is more customization available to the CPUs), so if the readability is bad for me, likely it is for some PC users as well (although it looks like you've already came to that conclusion based on the fact that there are design tweaks in the works).

If you want some help with imagery and graphics let me know, I have a lot of experience making things tiny yet readable.

thenobodies80 wrote:
BigFuzzyBunny wrote:Could we simply put a semi-transparent white circle behind the "troop spots" (or whatever the term might be)?

The map already has those circles.

natty_dread wrote:I think the problem might be that JPG files are not displayed the same way in Macs and PC:s, due to different monitor standards... and most people here in the foundry use PC:s.

Already tested on a Mac ...no problems at all.
I forgot to check what resolution/brightness settings I have on that machine, but I can do it tomorrow. (at work :-$ ;) )
Lieutenant BigFuzzyBunny

Postby BigFuzzyBunny on Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 am

Oh, one more thing. If you want I can send you a screen capture of how it displays on the Mac in Firefox (incase FF renders pngs differently). Not sure it would help though.

P.S. I have a new monitor as my main monitor since the original post. This one is 2560x1440 (set to LED Cinema Display) that looks to be at about 90% brightness (it doesn't have an actual number in the new OS). It looks slightly better, but green is still tough in some spots.
Lieutenant BigFuzzyBunny

Postby cairnswk on Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:47 pm

Guys, just as side issuem the links to the images on the front page go here to error http://www.wcforums.org/mapsgallery/errore.html
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Previous

Return to The Atlas