Conquer Club

Fractured China - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Fractured China V.1e Come and get it!!

Postby The Bison King on Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:14 pm

It's looking really good, though, I REALLY don't like Xinjiang being a part of the Russian bonus. I really think it deserves to be it's own bonus. It's a really unique and interesting part of the world with a long history of changing hands, but as far as I know it's never been a part of Russia. It doesn't make much sense to me and I think it would be more interesting as an independent region.

Also I think India's too big.

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby isaiah40 on Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:52 pm

The Bison King wrote:It's looking really good, though, I REALLY don't like Xinjiang being a part of the Russian bonus. I really think it deserves to be it's own bonus. It's a really unique and interesting part of the world with a long history of changing hands, but as far as I know it's never been a part of Russia. It doesn't make much sense to me and I think it would be more interesting as an independent region.

Also I think India's too big.

Thank you! Hope you are having a good New Years Eve!

In response to Xinjiang as a separate bonus, yes I can do it, though it would have to be in response to the majority. I'm not saying no, just right now it's "let's wait and see what others feel and think" mode. That's the beauty of a futuristic map, it doesn't have to be accurate. Though in the past, China and Russia did have their little beefs with each other on their borders, and that is why I had Russia take over a few territories.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby 24Keyser on Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:50 pm

ANOTHER TYPO you spelled seoul soeul xD
Cook 24Keyser

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jan 01, 2011 11:14 am

Still trying to get ahold of Tacktix to grab his thoughts on this one... so sorry for the delay.

I'd still like to see a few territories merged on Russia and India... but that's really up to your discretion.

For Tibet... couldn't you make the Himalayas more Impassable? What about surrounding Tibet and reducing the bonus to maybe 1 or 2, giving it very limited access. I mean, these are the biggest mountains in the world and it must be very difficult to move an army through them.
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:Still trying to get ahold of Tacktix to grab his thoughts on this one... so sorry for the delay.

I'd still like to see a few territories merged on Russia and India... but that's really up to your discretion.

For Tibet... couldn't you make the Himalayas more Impassable? What about surrounding Tibet and reducing the bonus to maybe 1 or 2, giving it very limited access. I mean, these are the biggest mountains in the world and it must be very difficult to move an army through them.

Not a problem on the delay, holidays and all.

As for Russia, I think that it is comparable to Canada on FA for size and bonus value, so for now I'll leave it. If I do anything I might do what Bison King suggested, so I'll just wait and see what others think first.

India, yea I can merge a few more territories then if I do your suggestion on Tibet then I can reduce the bonus for India at the same time. I might have to include Myanmar in the Indo-China bonus to open up that part of the map. I could also have Myanmar as a killer neutral say at 3 to give a way for players to pass from Indo-China and India. Just a couple of thoughts.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:56 pm

That might be cool for Burma I think. Also, with Tibet being more blockaded, I think this would help to recreate the border with China and India better. Yeah, they border each other... but they're very difficult to get between the two.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:27 pm

Industrial Helix wrote:That might be cool for Burma I think. Also, with Tibet being more blockaded, I think this would help to recreate the border with China and India better. Yeah, they border each other... but they're very difficult to get between the two.

Okay just so I understand what you are saying, it would be cool to have Burma put in with the Indo-China bonus right?
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:43 pm

I could go either way, putting it in as Indochina or making it a killer neutral.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:42 am

Industrial Helix wrote:I could go either way, putting it in as Indochina or making it a killer neutral.

Good, I think I will use Myanmar as a killer neutral of 2 then.

I'll be posting a new update with the changes you recommended here in a couple of days.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:00 pm

New and updated version.

Changes made:
- Merged a couple more territories in India
- Added more mountains between Xizang and India
- Added a couple of one way attacks out of Xizang
- Updated bonus values
- Added attack route between Myanmar and India for a more continuous flow

Basically minor changes.

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured China V.1f

Postby Industrial Helix on Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Looks good to me.

Moved.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:01 pm

Thank you! Know for some Game Play talk! Let's go!
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby jefjef on Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:01 am

Look at redrawing terts and physically connecting Primorsky to N Korea and you need another smallish bonus or two. You could split India or the Russian. More fractured.
This post was made by jefjef who should be on your ignore list.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Joodoo on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:22 am

Looks like a pretty good map inspired by the Fractured America map.
I just wanna remind that the proper spelling of one of your territories is "Ningxia", not "Ningxi"
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby 24Keyser on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Joodoo wrote:Looks like a pretty good map inspired by the Fractured America map.
I just wanna remind that the proper spelling of one of your territories is "Ningxia", not "Ningxi"

he also spelled seoul wrong xD
Cook 24Keyser

Postby jefjef on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:16 pm

24Keyser wrote:
Joodoo wrote:Looks like a pretty good map inspired by the Fractured America map.

he also spelled seoul wrong xD

Well the thing about "Fractured" names can be fractured too. Combined - reorganized - misspelled.
drunkmonkey wrote:I'm filing a C&A report right now. Its nice because they have a drop-down for "jefjef".
Colonel jefjef

Postby Industrial Helix on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:30 pm

Central Korea could be Pyongyang and North Korea is Liaoning (Chinese Name) but it was part of Korea kingdom of Gogeryeo. Maybe name it Gogeryeo in a historical throwback?

Also... this is probably a bit much to ask, but, maybe throw the Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Tibetian, Hindu, Vietnamese, ect characters above the English names. Maybe only on the large version? I figure, writing system is a major part of national identity and something like that could really push the whole fracturedness of the map because it shows the differences between these places. I mean, it's not a huge deal on FA because we all use the roman alphabet. But yeah, that would really be cool for this map considering none of the other Asian maps give two hoots about what these people really call their own territories.
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby isaiah40 on Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:32 pm

Okay so here is the new update with a couple of changes. I added in Xinjiang thereby decreasing Russia. Changed a couple of the mis-spelled names, and added ... well take a look.

Click image to enlarge.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Re: Fractured China V.1g With ... Well come and take a look

Postby jefjef on Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:43 am

Good step forward. Aren't you gonna use the same arrows as the other fractured?

I like Taiwan being a 2 way. Being able to attack the mainland directly. It will make it more valuable/desirable and influential.
Colonel jefjef

Postby The Bison King on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:47 am

Looking good. Do the 3's symbolize neutral starts?

Is Myanmar/Nepal ect. going to count as a bonus? or are they neutral?

Hi, my name is the Bison King, and I am COMPLETELY aware of DaFont!
Sergeant 1st Class The Bison King

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:02 am

jefjef wrote:Good step forward. Aren't you gonna use the same arrows as the other fractured?

I like Taiwan being a 2 way. Being able to attack the mainland directly. It will make it more valuable/desirable and influential.

Yes as long as I can remember how I did them. Since I lost everything in our house fire back in Oct., those files are forever lost as well. Don't you think Taiwan is desirable now being an autodeploy of +2? Maybe I could have Taiwan one way attack the mainland so as not give whoever is going for Chu too many District Cities to help gain and defend Chu. As it stands Chu is neighbors with Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Chongqing, as well as striking distance to Beijing. If anyone gets Chu and these cities well watch out.

Now that I think about it, maybe I should but an impassable around a city to prevent that scenario?

The Bison King wrote:Looking good. Do the 3's symbolize neutral starts?

Is Myanmar/Nepal ect. going to count as a bonus? or are they neutral?

Thank you. Yes the "3" indicate those territories that will be starting neutral. Now that I think of it I just remembered I need to include a capital for my new bonus which will also start as neutral. Unless I add in a couple more territories.

Myanmar is a killer neutral to give another access point to India. All the rest are "neutral countries".
Last edited by isaiah40 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Joodoo on Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:33 am

Nice update, may I suggest that you lower the bonus for Xinjiang to maybe 4 troops? It just seems strange that the bonus given is more than the number of territories in the bonus.
TheSaxlad wrote:The Dice suck a lot of the time.

And if they dont suck then they blow.

:D
Lieutenant Joodoo

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 am

Joodoo wrote:Nice update, may I suggest that you lower the bonus for Xinjiang to maybe 4 troops? It just seems strange that the bonus given is more than the number of territories in the bonus.

I thought so too, but according to my Bonus Calculator it came out as 5.17. You have to use all 4 territories to defend it as it has 7 territories that can attack it, so that alone brings the value up a tad bit. I could close off another border, but I think that would create too much of a bottle neck around there. Something we don't want. Right now it is bottle necked, but you can still get around fairly easy while at the same time requires some strategy so you don't get yourself in a bind.
Lieutenant isaiah40

Postby Victor Sullivan on Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:29 pm

What are you doing with the grey and white territories?
Corporal Victor Sullivan

Postby isaiah40 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:15 pm

Victor Sullivan wrote:What are you doing with the grey and white territories?

Did you read the legend?
Lieutenant isaiah40

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas