Conquer Club

Tribal War - Florida v14.2 [31 Jan 2012] pg27

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.
Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Tribal War - Florida v14.2 [31 Jan 2012] pg27

Postby chapcrap on Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:18 pm

Let's play games!!
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby GoranZ on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:51 pm

Tequesta bonus TQ... has 2 territories, MI-3 and CH-2, all others have the same mixture. I don't think that the territory markings cant be made more confusing then they are atm.

Will I play it again... hmm maybe to cross map it and if there was FOE button for maps I would have press it without thinking.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Interested in clans? Check out the Fallen!
Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Seamus76 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:42 pm

GoranZ wrote:Tequesta bonus TQ... has 2 territories, MI-3 and CH-2, all others have the same mixture. I don't think that the territory markings cant be made more confusing then they are atm.

Will I play it again... hmm maybe to cross map it and if there was FOE button for maps I would have press it without thinking.

Wow, I'm sorry you don't like the map. As you can see this is the first comment or problem since the map went live last July, and I want to make sure I understand your concerns and hopefully turn your thoughts on the map around.

First, regarding the territory markings, I know there are a lot of symbols but really it's no different than Prison Riot, but instead of gangs it's tribes, and instead of gang colors it's tribe symbols. The tribe abbreviations and legend are all well laid out but I know even from my games on the map it takes a little studying to find the pieces you might be looking for. A quick search showed you're playing your first two games on the map, both of which are only in the first round, I would ask that give the map a chance but if not I understand. I'm not a fan of every map either.

I'm also not sure what you mean about Tequesta and the mixture, so please let me know a little more detail on that.

I do really appreciate the feedback, and again hope you give the map another chance.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

Postby GoranZ on Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:05 pm

Seamus76 wrote:Wow, I'm sorry you don't like the map.

Map is good naming of territories isn't... Example: My teammate says drop all on TQ-4, so where is that? And I start looking threw whole map until I find that territory, and it usually takes 2-3 searches of whole map just to locate a single territory. Its confusing for players that play the map first time, and I bet it is confusing even for players that have played multiple times already. From the legend I immediately notice that TQ is Tequesta and I look for the territory according to the color. Bump, no such territory in Tequesta, it is in the opposite side of the map, in Apalachee. You even don't have background color shadow on TQ-4, so generally the legend is more or less useless for finding the territory that my teammate mentioned.
Generally the problem is quick navigation threw the map. Btw have u tested how will this map look on mobile device? you will run out of battery until you find the territory u need lol, jk. I tried to start playing both of my turns on mobile device but it was extremely hard so I had to postpone my turns until I can get to a PC.
Even a little kid knows whats the name of my country... http://youtu.be/XFxjy7f9RpY

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:28 pm

GoranZ wrote:
Seamus76 wrote:Wow, I'm sorry you don't like the map.

Map is good naming of territories isn't... Example: My teammate says drop all on TQ-4, so where is that? And I start looking threw whole map until I find that territory, and it usually takes 2-3 searches of whole map just to locate a single territory. Its confusing for players that play the map first time, and I bet it is confusing even for players that have played multiple times already. From the legend I immediately notice that TQ is Tequesta and I look for the territory according to the color. Bump, no such territory in Tequesta, it is in the opposite side of the map, in Apalachee. You even don't have background color shadow on TQ-4, so generally the legend is more or less useless for finding the territory that my teammate mentioned.
Generally the problem is quick navigation threw the map. Btw have u tested how will this map look on mobile device? you will run out of battery until you find the territory u need lol, jk. I tried to start playing both of my turns on mobile device but it was extremely hard so I had to postpone my turns until I can get to a PC.

This is solved by using the dropdown menu.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby chapcrap on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:28 pm

I think the map is ok. GoranZ's complaint is that the territory names don't necessarily go with an area of the map.

I don't see it as an issue. It's part of a separate bonus structure that makes the map unique.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby cairnswk on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:01 am

nolefan5311 wrote:This is solved by using the dropdown menu.

hehe noles...i've tried to use that one in the past but it doesn't rock. ;)
PS. ..i meant for my maps.
Last edited by cairnswk on Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby koontz1973 on Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:21 am

Another way to find the regions is to look at the symbols. Each region has the tribes symbol on it.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby GoranZ on Tue Feb 05, 2013 6:49 am

koontz1973 wrote:Another way to find the regions is to look at the symbols. Each region has the tribes symbol on it.

yes I know... I wish all of those symbols were colored like the chiefs one, tho the look of the map will be quite worse then it is...

nolefan5311 wrote:This is solved by using the dropdown menu.

In order to use drop down I need to start my turn.

Generally when we talk about tribes in RL, we usually understand that they occupy a certain territory or they have occupied it. And there is some disputed territory in which we can find multiple tribes... The problem is that I expected a warrior from 1 tribe to be in the War zone but I dint expected it to be in opposite part of the map.

Well I guess its too late for changes now.

Brigadier GoranZ

Postby Leehar on Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:43 pm

Was there a change made to neutral drops in 1v1's , you don't drop inside the southern bonuses as much anymore?
show
Colonel Leehar

Postby Seamus76 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:43 pm

Leehar wrote:Was there a change made to neutral drops in 1v1's , you don't drop inside the southern bonuses as much anymore?
We haven't done anything to the xml recently.
ImageImageImage
Sergeant 1st Class Seamus76

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas