Conquer Club

SteamWorks

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: SteamWorks

Postby djak. on Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:59 am

WILLIAMS5232 wrote:
djak. wrote:
PLAYER57832 wrote:Like the map, but the last few times I have played it, the bonuses and descriptions just don't seem to match. Could some error have been inserted at some point?

The -1 is still in the description, but isn't being implemented. In Game 10036329 (fogged), or several turns I've had 4 of the engines, while the other 3 engines are neutral. My 2 opponents each have 1 steam, and no engines. The description says they should get a -1 per turn, but they're not.

i thought the same as you, but if you read closer, you'll understand that the last portion says, "steam with no engines is a waste and grants no bonus" this means that as long as you have no engines then the -1 is not enforced.

i personally think this could be made clearer, but it's probably more trouble than it's worth, once people start figuring it out it shouldn't be so much of a problem.

just my opinion.

-1 isn't a bonus, it's a penalty, therefor the "steam with no engines is a waste and grants no bonus" sentence doesn't negate the -1 sentence.
Lieutenant djak.

Postby DiM on Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:07 am

it's a negative bonus.
this thing has been debated and reiterated several times.
as always i'm open to suggestions even though the map is already out of beta. if you have a better rephrasing that also fits in the specific place i'll be glad to hear it and if more people come and agree your suggestion is better and clearer then i'll implement it.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby djak. on Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:09 am

DiM wrote:it's a negative bonus.
this thing has been debated and reiterated several times.
as always i'm open to suggestions even though the map is already out of beta. if you have a better rephrasing that also fits in the specific place i'll be glad to hear it and if more people come and agree your suggestion is better and clearer then i'll implement it.

How about replacing

"Having more Steam than Engines is bad. For each excess Steam you lose all Engine bonuses and get a -1 troop per turn."

with

"If you have at least 1 Engine, and more Steam than Engines, you lose all Engine bonuses and get a -1 troop per turn per excess Steam."

?
Lieutenant djak.

Postby MrSping on Wed May 23, 2012 8:26 am

Bit of a nit-picky point/question that might have been said aleready, but why are some of the areas named counties and some are cities etc? Especially confused by 'Gloucester' and 'Worcester' rather than 'Gloucestershire' and 'Worcestershire' when Devon (which doesn't need the 'shire' part anyway) is called 'Devon shire'.
Sergeant 1st Class MrSping

Postby army of nobunaga on Wed May 23, 2012 7:12 pm

This is really nice. Very classy.
Maps Maps Maps!

Take part in this survey and possibly win an upgrade -->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dGg4a0VxUzJLb1NGNUFwZHBuOHRFZnc6MQ
Cadet army of nobunaga

Previous

Return to The Atlas